Just interested in everyones opinion, IMO you tend to stick with what you know as the time at the foot of the learning curve can't always be found for a new product.
I'll start the ball rolling
At a very basic level, MYOB and DOSH are OK
SAGE has limits but does the job. Easy to export to Excel and work on if needed (including importing TB to IRIS)
I have a psychotic hatred of Quick Books/Quicken due to bad experience many years ago - these things scar you for life!
Have great expectations of IRIS Accounts Office, but need to find the time to learn it more intimately.
In terms of trail, I've yet to find anthing to beat a properly analysed, accurately cast and reconciled monthly cash book, especially if coupled with a simple purchase and sales day book (i.e. invoice date, supplier/customer name, gross amount and date paid). Not so good for detailed management reports, but 90% of clients don't want/need that anyway! The tendancy with computer packages is to have hundreds of P&L headings with £10-20 in each.
Old Greying Acountant
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 259 8
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 638 12
- Incorporated company charity 105 2
- property capital gains 305 3
- Closing down loss-making company 609 10
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 322 5
- Website Content 365 3
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 429 5
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,104 19
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 402 2
- Tips on meals 395 3
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 241 2
- Stumped - IHT 453 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 574 12
- Transferring DLA between Directors 375 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 146 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 134 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 860 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,436 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 161 3