Can a partnership be a member in an LLP?
I've never heard of a general partnership (or LLP) being a member of an LLP, but is there anything to prevent this?
I've suggested that the partnership converts to a limited company and that the limited company becomes a corporate member in the LLP, but they are not keen.
I believe any 'person' can be a member in an LLP, but is a partnership a 'person'?
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,662 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 284 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 67 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 209 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 812 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 98 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 116 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 494 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 367 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 496 20
- trading losses allowable? 758 14
- Post AAT? 690 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 143 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2