Can a solicitor bank personal money in the Client account?
I would be grateful if somebody could please help me with the following Client account query:
Client is a two partner solicitor practice. One of the partners runs a totally different business ( Something to do with art!). He received a cheque in USD as payment, related to his personal business. He wants to bank this in the Partnership USD Client a/c.
Is this allowed?
- Old CGT loss 229 4
- Limited company purchase of property 457 1
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 454 2
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 142 3
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 962 14
- Trade creditor journal 58 1
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 391 9
- How much of your work is admin? 640 6
- HMRC Distraint 90 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 140 2
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 221 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 418 5
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,370 42
- Nominal Ledger 396 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 598 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 192 2
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 219 3
- Paper tax return 177 4
- Start up allowance? 393 12
- Will I need to resign? 254 1