Can we keep 2 weeks wages as security?
We are a small business just about a year old. We have problems with some staff leaving without our stipulated 2 weeks notice . Our salaries are not the most lucrative around but they are fair. Staff are fully aware of the salary when they apply and accept the job.
Can we legally include in the contract that we will be holding two weeks wages as security, so that they lose it if they leave without the notice?
It sounds harsh, so are there any alternatives?
Appreciate all the answers, as our accountant is not sure either.
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 119 6
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 544 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 240 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 81 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 158 3
- Foreign income for self employed 99 1
- tax credits 51 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 436 18
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 49 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 591 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 38 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 481 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 193 1
- EC VAT 222 10
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 213 7
- Musician deductible expenses 88 1
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 97 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 280 8
- Flat rate vat error 341 7
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 543 13
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 849
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 510
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 294
- Tax efficient holding company structure 235
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 231
- Investment property company accounts template 220
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 215
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 182
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 151