Can we keep 2 weeks wages as security?
We are a small business just about a year old. We have problems with some staff leaving without our stipulated 2 weeks notice . Our salaries are not the most lucrative around but they are fair. Staff are fully aware of the salary when they apply and accept the job.
Can we legally include in the contract that we will be holding two weeks wages as security, so that they lose it if they leave without the notice?
It sounds harsh, so are there any alternatives?
Appreciate all the answers, as our accountant is not sure either.
- VAT & Landlords 160 3
- Auto enrolment and husband & Wife companies 387 2
- Extraction of Factory from Trading Company and Leaseback 56 1
- Make an adjustment to profits chargeable to class 4 nic 24 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 490 16
- Share swap 352 11
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 26 1
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 234 10
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 309 6
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 144 2
- Residential leeting and repairs 79 2
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 227 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 157 4
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 234 11
- Late P45 77 1
- VAT on motor expenses 936 34
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 511 8
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,759 23
- another ir35!!!! 1,210 8
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 143 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,553
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 855
- International interest certificate 473
- NOVA 330
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 240
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 229
- Management expenses for investment company 220
- Bonus Bonds 211
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 198
- Check my logic on this please? 166