Can you be sub-contracted to a company you own!
Two independant person each now have a self-employed trade.
They equally own a company in the same line of country that they are both directors of.
If they are working on projects the company is involved in can they invoice through their sole trade as any other sub-contractor would to the company and as they would to any other client. The argument being that they are being paid as consultants in cost of sales and not in their capacity as directors which is an admin role and the costs of which would be borne out of net profit, not gross?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have on this.
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 241 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 530 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 461 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 82 3
- Time recording 128 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 256 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 124 2
- Land Registry 267 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 965 13
- Auto Enrolment 669 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 803 19
- Company Number 10000000 385 4
- Advertising Tips? 313 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,517 29
- IR35 367 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 423 12
- Revenue phishing examples 249 1
- iris update 11.9.2 219 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- 2015 tax year end 546 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 733
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 434
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 368
- Directors' advances and credits 285
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 235
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195