Can you be sub-contracted to a company you own!
Two independant person each now have a self-employed trade.
They equally own a company in the same line of country that they are both directors of.
If they are working on projects the company is involved in can they invoice through their sole trade as any other sub-contractor would to the company and as they would to any other client. The argument being that they are being paid as consultants in cost of sales and not in their capacity as directors which is an admin role and the costs of which would be borne out of net profit, not gross?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have on this.
- Flat Rate VAT 212 8
- When to register or not for PAYE 528 11
- Invoicing for monthly clients 474 8
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 213 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 555 8
- Redundancy pay 311 9
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 222 2
- VAT on farm machinery sold 258 5
- Servicing AE fees 158 2
- VAT Receipts 256 8
- Changing pay dates on Moneysoft 120 2
- P800 problems again 97 1
- Company accounts for £350 961 27
- Directors Loan Account Question 419 12
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,151 40
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 143 4
- Seeking advice: Osetting Directors Loan at Startup 218 5
- Software for Accounts layout 265 4
- Today's HMRC Business Help & Support SA302s 236 6
- Debt management unit HMRC 169 1
- FRS 101 Software 332
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 302
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 295
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 271
- French ConnectionUK 236
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 207
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 201
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 199
- APN's 183
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 180