Can you be sub-contracted to a company you own!
Two independant person each now have a self-employed trade.
They equally own a company in the same line of country that they are both directors of.
If they are working on projects the company is involved in can they invoice through their sole trade as any other sub-contractor would to the company and as they would to any other client. The argument being that they are being paid as consultants in cost of sales and not in their capacity as directors which is an admin role and the costs of which would be borne out of net profit, not gross?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have on this.
- White van man 51 3
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 99 4
- Worried over stock value 75 1
- Start of letting business when property owner took lodgers prior to letting out 90 2
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,274 22
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 307 8
- Mortgage extended on a rental property 89 1
- Is there a risk in helping overseas companies that have no intention of doing business in the UK 172 5
- CGT on sale of Spanish property 141 3
- VAT on leased double cabs 55 1
- Backdate C79? 125 1
- Having a Jan blank moment 147 4
- Strange result on filing very small trade profits 241 3
- Incorrect CIS Invoices from Subcontractors 179 7
- Child benefit charge 790 13
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 229 12
- Paying 31 January 2015 income tax by instalments 1,054 17
- Self Ass. Return 330 5
- Changed Company Year End - CT Penalty 283 11
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 377 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 816
- Copy Wanted 540
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 489
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 476
- Latest phishing scam 332
- Entrepreneurs' relief 307
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 278
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 269
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 269
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 171