Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 101 4
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 167 4
- Accounting for a VAT Group 42 1
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 507 2
- Research expenses for authors 185 3
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 67 2
- Late VAT registration penalty 106 3
- HMRC website 85 1
- VAT 59 1
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 370 18
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 114 1
- Pricing 223 8
- Sage error message 60 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 211 8
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 218 3
- Auto-Enrolment 3,178 158
- Money laundering POCA 223 4
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 113 1
- P11d mistake 131 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 199 2
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 502
- Skandia using wrong address 450
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 242
- Employee rewards 238
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 209
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 187
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 183
- Etax Australian 153