Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Tax Allowance on University Course 283 2
- MS Surface Pro 3 239 5
- VAT on cashback card handling fee 167 3
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 111 2
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 2,031 28
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 314 11
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 681 21
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 587 10
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 677 4
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,268 45
- practice planning 226 3
- Accounts Software 750 19
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 511 14
- Dividend Vouchers 405 5
- Gift to employee 437 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 192 3
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,147 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 219 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 178 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,703 10
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 501
- CTA study material 475
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 349
- Pre incorp expenses 339
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 282
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 275
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 221
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 178
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 151
- Employment related securities question 137