Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Childcare vouchers 356 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 52 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 58 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 47 1
- two business from one premises 173 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 38 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 239 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 396 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 323 4
- Merry Christmas 107 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 79 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,079 12
- Anyone else still working this week? 414 13
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,427 9
- Using home as clients registered address 155 3
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 541 12
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 117 2
- How much does the company pay 722 30
- AIA 293 18
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 183 5
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 506
- corporate hierarchy 470
- Advice - 325
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 274
- WWOOFers 265
- The booking.com con 248
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 243
- Cocaine anyone? 230
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 219
- UK State pension paid in NZ 177