Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 57 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 309 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 136 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 200 4
- Rental property company 101 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 289 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 251 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 381 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 148 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 188 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 317 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 143 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 483 5
- Director's tax return 397 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 180 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,133 34
- Flat rate vat 236 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 194 5
- Coming in from the cold 387 3
- Splitting the tax year 188 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 816
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 566
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 434
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 313
- Free Tax Legislation? 289
- Director Loan account operation 269
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 255
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 234
- Paye procedures for CVA 175