Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Xmas party 173 2
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 399 8
- Fixed asset registers 325 10
- Tech Champion of the Year 277 6
- Just because it's Friday 342 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,373 66
- Inheritance Tax - Simple Question 182 4
- Non-resident employer & employee 112 4
- Capital Allowances 173 4
- equipment rental 225 10
- Acquisition by company 144 5
- Non sequitur 549 7
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 1,528 23
- R&D on products not sold 107 3
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 953 13
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 204 4
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 656 9
- Transfer of land to family members 118 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 603 11
- The process of issuing dividend? 237 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,371
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 437
- Alphabet shares 243
- Agent fees to sell business 231
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 230
- Charge out rates in London 187
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 170
- which entity 151
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 142
- confusion about 141