Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- foreign income 111 2
- White van man 344 17
- Worried over stock value 172 2
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 139 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 287 5
- STUDENT LOAN 53 1
- Bookkeeping question 572 6
- wave software 216 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 338 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 207 3
- Backdate C79? 160 2
- Entertaining - definition? 294 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 354 10
- SA1 Online 87 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 91 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 90 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 347 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 99 1
- Capital allowances offset rule 140 1
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 126 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 820
- Copy Wanted 545
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 501
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 486
- Latest phishing scam 341
- Entrepreneurs' relief 311
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 284
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 277
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 273
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 180