Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 199 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 191 9
- JIEB Exams 131 1
- RTI 89 1
- Christmas party 104 1
- Am i Liable? 114 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 739 10
- Checking a contract 294 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 311 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 230 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 161 7
- VAT on garage rent 325 14
- Value-shifting 68 1
- Pattern for CTA 208 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 450 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 84 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 233 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 243 5
- EBT 179 1
- Giving a seminar 531 28
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,211
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 608
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 407
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 315
- Agent fees to sell business 189
- Alphabet shares 189
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 182
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 176
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 164
- Office recharges 147