Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- CT return error message 304 9
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 47 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 30 1
- Audit rules 332 8
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 215 6
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 278 7
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 171 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 771 11
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 154 2
- FRS17 query 192 2
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 918 6
- Charge HMRC 179 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 474 17
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,063 25
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 358 8
- VAT 185 2
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 84 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 182 2
- Capital repayments 183 3
- Online payroll software 276 4
- Xtuple 537
- Qtac payroll for bureau 367
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 308
- Industrial & Provident Societies 305
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 259
- CIS schemes 198
- Domain name sale and limited company 195
- Investment 178
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 169
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 163