Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Software recommendations? 280 4
- Goodie bag 116 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 187 5
- Husband Wife let property 137 2
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 439 8
- Career in Practice 118 2
- Relevant life plan 340 8
- Limited Company expenses 374 8
- Physiotherapy And Vat 193 6
- Telemarketing 161 4
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 152 1
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 139 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 180 3
- how to value rental space 101 3
- Directors loan - no longer a director 327 4
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 69 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 463 5
- Output tax for retailer 262 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 449 11
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,932 32
- Possible Partnership? 601
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 500
- New Fangled Penalties 408
- Clubs and Taxable Income 330
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 297
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 252
- Loans to other companies 243
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 211
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 209
- Outsource Data Entry 206