Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 150 3
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 75 1
- Post AAT? 705 4
- Second Limited Company 139 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,677 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 292 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 184 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,558 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 96 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 253 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 224 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 821 13
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,301 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 915 37
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 511 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 297 8
- Probate services 373 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 529 20
- trading losses allowable? 762 14
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 171 1