Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- P11d query 269 5
- Rental expenses 57 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 138 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 352 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 88 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 337 4
- No more tax returns... 1,540 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 420 6
- Signed accounts for bank 297 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 478 10
- Landing clients 424 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,155 22
- Termination Payment 213 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 222 3
- CRM / marketing 114 2
- Allocation of income from property 759 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,886 28
- Opening a Quick books file 145 1
- 64-8 problems 524 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 351 10