Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 801 5
- See you all on the other side 804 6
- 12Pay 581 2
- dividends 789 2
- R&D 377 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,245 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 495 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 496 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 459 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 591 5
- Seeking a tax case 711 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 573 4
- Companies house strike off 693 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 514 2
- Moving to the cloud 795 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 236 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 957 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 237 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,136 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 551 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 585
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 435
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 384
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 376
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- Marginal rates of tax 366
- Class 2 NI 351
- Capitalising Finance Lease 350
- USA help 332
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 317