Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 185 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 354 8
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 145 4
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 143 3
- LLP as member of LLP 99 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,749 48
- B2B vat in the EU 141 3
- Coding Notice 166 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 456 7
- Vat 285 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,283 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 198 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 166 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,496 18
- CT/CIS offset 148 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 197 4
- Trade name 197 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 146 1
- New business - journal entries 326 20
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 320 18
- Auto enrolment excuses 824
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 711
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 394
- Social investment tax relief 210
- Digita Hosted Software 205
- Call Centre Data Costs 195
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 163
- Travel costs and contractors 159
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 149
- accounting for this transaction 147