Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Email hacker for hire ... 307 8
- Fees for Property Tax Return 479 15
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,743 477
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 152 11
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 78 10
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 257 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 46 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 171 1
- Audit partner? 231 6
- Losses on FHL Property 88 1
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 235 5
- Has anyone encountered this scenario 108 1
- corp tax software 960 13
- Does anyone use quotation software? 304 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,616 72
- Can't read my handwriting 550 12
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 691 15
- Is this fraud? 846 13
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 414 4
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 291 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,364
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 510
- National Insurance 401
- Non Resident 315
- Hands on experience of Digita 237
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 216
- Employer's Helpline 185
- CIS paid under reg 9 174
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 144
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 138