Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 300 7
- Where has Portia gone? 1,449 61
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 68 1
- Merging my businesses 57 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,661 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 509 16
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 100 4
- VAT on commercial property 104 3
- Rogue Accountant 2,994 49
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 226 4
- deceased creditor 160 5
- Corporate member of LLP 269 1
- Investment company 264 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 328 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 208 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 364 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 96 1
- Transfer of stock 360 12
- Holiday entitlement 546 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 346 7
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 779
- RTI - duplicate employee record 528
- Pensions Regulator 443
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 401
- Sage Vat return box 2 305
- Sanzar 301
- Digital marketing focus group 282
- How do you do it 270
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 237
- Report old income 236