Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 279 4
- Closing my business down 75 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 843 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 278 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 191 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 103 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 589 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,241 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,467 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 190 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 109 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 291 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 89 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,093 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 414 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 152 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 224 3
- FPS or EPS 170 2
- Continuity of Practice 223 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 145 2
- Moving away from CCH software 955
- QROP pension input amounts 441
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 383
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 358
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 326
- fraud 285
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 260
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 229
- Construction CIS LLP Company 213
- EPS and CIS deductions 201