Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Deduction from Salary 771 22
- Interspouse Relief - Separate Couple 10 1
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 465 11
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,444 54
- Do I need a smartphone? 350 15
- 27,000 Really? 1,298 39
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 308 7
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 653 17
- OVERDRAWN DIRECTORS LOAN ACCOUNT!! 105 2
- registering my UK Ltd in Holland 183 2
- Terminal / cessation loss relief against rental income 81 3
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 523 10
- P11D with no S336 - Code Change ? 64 1
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 254 3
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 468 6
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 68 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 166 3
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,819 13
- Company struck off 237 6
- Opening Balances 288 6
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 649
- Cancelled 407
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 348
- How not to compose an email 341
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 333
- Probiz 314
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 295
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 229
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 204