Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- P11D & tax return 195 9
- when is a bad debt a bad debt 121 3
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,489 17
- VAT on children's clothing 75 2
- Freelance/Employee 857 20
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 185 3
- Why do I get the feeling ... 152 4
- Member meet up 1 October in London 118 4
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 451 8
- Fees 691 7
- Creation of leases out of freehold 159 2
- Selling Business 298 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 2,340 50
- Capital Goods Scheme 128 6
- HMRC incompetency 367 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 2,127 59
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 730 22
- CGT Problem 864 7
- Concurrent users 360 6
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 472 9
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 791
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 437
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 385
- Electric Car 324
- S222 Charge 261
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 234
- IP trans to holding company 207
- AIA 206
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 196
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 162