Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 119 4
- Sorry ignore me 826 23
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 248 6
- Invoice Help 156 4
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 122 1
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 271 6
- Employee overpaid who has left 160 3
- Peer to Peer lending 816 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 73 2
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 201 4
- Is this a scam? 485 6
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 270 6
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 240 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,227 17
- Childcare for clients 178 1
- One off meeting new client 551 9
- Employment allowance (again) :( 175 1
- illegal dividends 347 3
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 203 3
- VAT questions 315 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 618
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 527
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 381
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 290
- Cancelled 278
- Cancelled 241
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 184
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 184
- Probiz 165
- What's the market like for temps? 160