Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- LLP members share of profits 428 26
- Help car benefit 104 4
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 109 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 49 1
- VAT Option to tax 278 3
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 97 2
- Current tax asset 184 3
- Partnership tax rules 71 2
- Accountancy software for an imac 205 5
- Audit Required 1,039 21
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 370 1
- Total cost of employment 167 1
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 439 15
- Selling assets to yourself ? 63 1
- UIT4 REVENUE REC FRSSE 63 1
- Director's remuneration accrual 76 3
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 132 3
- SDLT on land 132 6
- Grants 216 6
- PAYE Coding Notices 477 8
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 886
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 619
- Free Tax Legislation? 371
- Director Loan account operation 369
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 319
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 305
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 288
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 274
- Paye procedures for CVA 206
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 190