Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Company formation and bank account 217 7
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 637 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,521 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 503 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 394 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 187 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 391 8
- OneNote is fantastic 475 11
- VAT Direct Debit 356 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 437 8
- Self Assessment Software 683 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 434 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,350 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 251 11
- Owning overseas property 240 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 347 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 282 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 693 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,148 21
- PPR on a development? 242 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 651
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 400
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 400
- Property letting & CAs 390
- 2015 tax year end 382
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 381
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 268
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 236
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230