Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 123 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 268 3
- Community awards 2014 - first category 65 2
- Payment plans for clients 254 3
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 401 11
- CT600 236 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 299 16
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 42 1
- Lease 106 4
- Free invoicing software 486 4
- Digita Hosted Software 389 4
- signature required 857 31
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,289 21
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 161 5
- Thin Client recomendation 204 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 179 5
- VAT Office Grimsby 154 2
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 109 2
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 123 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,294 15
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,298
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 849
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 540
- Credit where credit's due....... 333
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 253
- TheTax Donut 220
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 180
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 169
- Director's business mileage 144
- Sole trader CPD 144