Can't file online?
Today we couldn't file a clients SA return online. Last year we sent a paper return. He is a High Court judge; I wondered, are these facts related?
After an hour chasing around on the phone, I was told finally that tax payers whose files are at Public Department 1 and one other PD - still not sure which - can't in any case file online. Something to do with the systems not being secure enough.
I asked why no publicity about this. After all, HMRC says taxpayers CAN file online. Apparently they don't want to draw attention to this situation....
The woman said "It's as frustrating for us as it is for you..."
- Working out a daily rate 268 7
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 587 20
- Professional Clearance 33 1
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,019 66
- are receipts needed? 311 11
- New accountant 415 8
- do i pay vat when buying a business 66 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 580 9
- Loss Relief 125 2
- Tax case reference request 202 3
- How to? 136 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 162 1
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 179 2
- Amending prior year accounts for the first time? 1,412 25
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 502 6
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 116 2
- Loan notes payment of principal and interest 111 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 219 2
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 229 5
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 479 27
- Skandia using wrong address 1,589
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 885
- International interest certificate 494
- NOVA 349
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 273
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 254
- Management expenses for investment company 243
- Bonus Bonds 240
- Help with tax codes on Sage 186
- Capital reduction 172