Capital Allowances with Buy to Let properties?
Hi - a client has sent me a couple of articles about a company offering to claim capital allowances on part of the purchase price of buy to let and furnished hol accommodation.
I wondered whether this was a case of establishing the cost of integral fittings when buying say an unfurnished property and claiming this as plant? The article says that the particular allowance has only been available since December 2008 but for the life of me I can find no reference to it anywhere.
Anyone know what this is all about?
- Insovent companies 844 18
- Rounding errors on CT600 105 4
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,286 48
- BrightPay quirks 158 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 87 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 781 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,167 31
- Website Content 78 1
- Mortgage Reference 472 5
- Personal Tax 611 12
- New Build 143 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 112 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 147 1
- USA Tax Query 279 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 422 5
- last minute request 630 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 333 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 366 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,722 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 984 6