Capital Gains Tax computation
The asset is mixed use ie business asset and non business asset.
Property aquired November 2002 for £55
spent £25 renovations
Furnished holiday lettings July 03 - Oct 04
Ordinary letting Oct 04 - June 05
Furnished holiday lettings June 05 to date.
Disposal probably November 07 for £135.
I am not sure how to split taper between business and non business ie holiday lets and non holiday lets.
Client clearly has had it as holiday for longer than two years so presume only 25% chargeable.
Am I wrong here?
Thank you to anyone who could help
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 80 1
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 68 2
- Cocaine anyone? 427 8
- Late Registration for VAT 462 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 144 11
- EIS/SEIS 122 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 250 1
- You know its over 166 2
- TaxCalc Accounts production 385 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 386 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 650 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 521 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 538 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 71 1
- Personal pension 385 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 212 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,192 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 890 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 116 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,503 22
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 443
- corporate hierarchy 426
- Advice - 261
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 216
- WWOOFers 212
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 198
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 190
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 169
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 165