Capital Gains Tax computation
The asset is mixed use ie business asset and non business asset.
Property aquired November 2002 for £55
spent £25 renovations
Furnished holiday lettings July 03 - Oct 04
Ordinary letting Oct 04 - June 05
Furnished holiday lettings June 05 to date.
Disposal probably November 07 for £135.
I am not sure how to split taper between business and non business ie holiday lets and non holiday lets.
Client clearly has had it as holiday for longer than two years so presume only 25% chargeable.
Am I wrong here?
Thank you to anyone who could help
- Cash in Hand 167 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 190 5
- are receipts needed? 635 17
- SA302's anyone?? 621 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 334 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 142 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 357 12
- Busines software 173 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 206 6
- Converting a barn for business use 189 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 318 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 324 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 494 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 331 3
- Bookkeping software 734 7
- Clogged Losses 286 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 283 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 667 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 278 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 133 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 373
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 331
- Management expenses for investment company 276
- Bonus Bonds 273
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 186
- P11D benefit received by widow 167
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 165
- EXACT ONLINE 163