Capital Gains Tax computation
The asset is mixed use ie business asset and non business asset.
Property aquired November 2002 for £55
spent £25 renovations
Furnished holiday lettings July 03 - Oct 04
Ordinary letting Oct 04 - June 05
Furnished holiday lettings June 05 to date.
Disposal probably November 07 for £135.
I am not sure how to split taper between business and non business ie holiday lets and non holiday lets.
Client clearly has had it as holiday for longer than two years so presume only 25% chargeable.
Am I wrong here?
Thank you to anyone who could help
- VAT 50 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 350 12
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 66 1
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 1,316 21
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 150 2
- FRS17 query 154 1
- Capital repayments 129 3
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 629 3
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 256 6
- Online payroll software 243 4
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 621 7
- CT return error message 171 5
- Audit rules 281 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 571 10
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 264 1
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 265 1
- Sales Commission to Employees / External Companies 59 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 293 2
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 103 1
- How do you value an internet based business 852 11
- Xtuple 532
- Qtac payroll for bureau 365
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 306
- Industrial & Provident Societies 304
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 238
- CIS schemes 193
- Domain name sale and limited company 191
- Investment 170
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 164
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 145