Capital Gains Tax computation
The asset is mixed use ie business asset and non business asset.
Property aquired November 2002 for £55
spent £25 renovations
Furnished holiday lettings July 03 - Oct 04
Ordinary letting Oct 04 - June 05
Furnished holiday lettings June 05 to date.
Disposal probably November 07 for £135.
I am not sure how to split taper between business and non business ie holiday lets and non holiday lets.
Client clearly has had it as holiday for longer than two years so presume only 25% chargeable.
Am I wrong here?
Thank you to anyone who could help
- Help with Mortgage Application? 475 7
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 164 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,613 283
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 212 10
- Standard 'email' template system 875 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 459 9
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,027 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 215 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 87 1
- Circular shareholding 229 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 188 6
- business card address 299 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 213 2
- Declined for business bank account 227 4
- Loan to a related company 101 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 656 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 331 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 267 8
- property rental income split 126 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 137 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,112
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 366
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 239
- Payments on account coded out?? 228
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 221
- Non Resident 186
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 180
- Franchise income and costs 176