Capital v revenue - heating system
Just wondered what the latest thoughts are on whether the replacement of storage heaters with central heating is capital or revenue in a residential letting?
Is it possible to claim as revenue with the double glazing/modern replacement type of argument - has any one got away with this if queried by HMRC?
My thoughts are heading towards capital since you can still install new storage heaters, and it is choice to go for central heating, but thought I would ask the question in case anyone knows differently!
- Professional coaching claimable? 65 1
- Sage instant account codes 113 1
- Networking 120 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 264 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 163 1
- Turnover on a tax return 291 8
- incorrect old p60 448 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 302 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,931 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 284 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 247 3
- VAT refund 175 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 257 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 268 3
- Missing tax return 392 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,127 30
- Inflation and fees 1,408 24
- Sage Priority Support 192 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 309 1