Capital v revenue - heating system
Just wondered what the latest thoughts are on whether the replacement of storage heaters with central heating is capital or revenue in a residential letting?
Is it possible to claim as revenue with the double glazing/modern replacement type of argument - has any one got away with this if queried by HMRC?
My thoughts are heading towards capital since you can still install new storage heaters, and it is choice to go for central heating, but thought I would ask the question in case anyone knows differently!
- Disbursement of recharge 385 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 27 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 305 9
- Mortgage Reference 906 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 309 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 112 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 160 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 141 1
- RTI offline? 619 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 163 1
- CIS and Xero 279 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 264 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 184 2
- property capital gains 413 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 159 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 947 9
- Tips on meals 573 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,355 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 243 3