Cash and Tax free acquisition of Equity ?
Can anyone advise on any tax implications? All companies and people described here are UK based.
Company A owns 100% shares in Company B. Company A wants to sell a large % of shares in Company B to Company C which is owned by several employees of Company B. As Company C and its shareholders cannot pay for the value of shares, Company A will grant Company C an interest bearing loan on the value of shares for a period of several years. Say a year later, Company B pays dividends to Company A and Company C. The dividend income comes with the tax credit so corporation tax free. Now Company C has money to repay part of the loan and interest to Company A. The system will continues until the loan with interest is fully repaid. Effectively, Company C would have acquired shares in Company B without paying for it. Would this system be caught by any tax legislations on Company C and its shareholders, ie. employees of Company B?
Many thanks for your opinion and advice.
- Personal Tax 223 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,185 46
- Practical experience 861 16
- Xerocon 2016 827 13
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,872 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 244 2
- Mortgage Reference 189 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 172 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 438 9
- VAT 309 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 235 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 206 1
- last minute request 309 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 81 1
- Cash gift from India 504 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 87 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 479 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 138 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 289 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 675 6