Cash and Tax free acquisition of Equity ?
Can anyone advise on any tax implications? All companies and people described here are UK based.
Company A owns 100% shares in Company B. Company A wants to sell a large % of shares in Company B to Company C which is owned by several employees of Company B. As Company C and its shareholders cannot pay for the value of shares, Company A will grant Company C an interest bearing loan on the value of shares for a period of several years. Say a year later, Company B pays dividends to Company A and Company C. The dividend income comes with the tax credit so corporation tax free. Now Company C has money to repay part of the loan and interest to Company A. The system will continues until the loan with interest is fully repaid. Effectively, Company C would have acquired shares in Company B without paying for it. Would this system be caught by any tax legislations on Company C and its shareholders, ie. employees of Company B?
Many thanks for your opinion and advice.
- flat rate scheme 836 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 602 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 129 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 252 1
- CIS online 163 3
- Class IV NIC 190 3
- bookkeeping system 216 4
- Company van paid by director 120 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,575 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 255 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 142 3
- Private company division 122 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 309 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 645 7
- Split year treatment ? 132 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 288 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 116 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 210 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 261 3
- Special dividends & CGT 314 2