Cash and Tax free acquisition of Equity ?
Can anyone advise on any tax implications? All companies and people described here are UK based.
Company A owns 100% shares in Company B. Company A wants to sell a large % of shares in Company B to Company C which is owned by several employees of Company B. As Company C and its shareholders cannot pay for the value of shares, Company A will grant Company C an interest bearing loan on the value of shares for a period of several years. Say a year later, Company B pays dividends to Company A and Company C. The dividend income comes with the tax credit so corporation tax free. Now Company C has money to repay part of the loan and interest to Company A. The system will continues until the loan with interest is fully repaid. Effectively, Company C would have acquired shares in Company B without paying for it. Would this system be caught by any tax legislations on Company C and its shareholders, ie. employees of Company B?
Many thanks for your opinion and advice.
- TaxCalc Accounts production 122 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 368 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 209 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 402 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 77 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,362 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 390 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 577 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 189 2
- Old CGT loss 211 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 186 3
- Paper tax return 161 4
- Start up allowance? 385 12
- Will I need to resign? 210 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 250 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 466 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 646 9
- Late Registration for VAT 368 11