Cash and Tax free acquisition of Equity ?
Can anyone advise on any tax implications? All companies and people described here are UK based.
Company A owns 100% shares in Company B. Company A wants to sell a large % of shares in Company B to Company C which is owned by several employees of Company B. As Company C and its shareholders cannot pay for the value of shares, Company A will grant Company C an interest bearing loan on the value of shares for a period of several years. Say a year later, Company B pays dividends to Company A and Company C. The dividend income comes with the tax credit so corporation tax free. Now Company C has money to repay part of the loan and interest to Company A. The system will continues until the loan with interest is fully repaid. Effectively, Company C would have acquired shares in Company B without paying for it. Would this system be caught by any tax legislations on Company C and its shareholders, ie. employees of Company B?
Many thanks for your opinion and advice.
- Retrospective VAT Query 69 2
- property capital gains 379 4
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 145 6
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 55 1
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 105 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 266 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 811 9
- Tips on meals 547 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,320 15
- S.455 Tax again 439 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 155 3
- Closing down loss-making company 786 15
- Stumped - IHT 605 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 137 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 492 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 401 14
- co-operatives & Societies 119 1
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,228 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,485 40
- Website Content 475 6