CGT 10% or 18%
A claim to business asset roll-over relief was made on the 2007 Tax Return. CGT at 10% (after 75% business asset taper relief) was deferred.
The new asset now has a base cost of Nil. The new asset is now likely to be sold (post 06 April 2008) and CGT will be payable at 18%.
Can the 2007 Tax Return roll-over claim be withdrawn? If so, is this an amendment to the 2007 Tax Return and therefore must be done before 31 January 2009? Hmmmm, as I write this I can see a problem if we do not know prior to 31 Jan 2009 that the new asset is to be sold. There is of course a five year period for a roll-over claim to be made; could this apply to a withdrawal?
- Family Partnership 273 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 144 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 183 6
- Business trips - director and family 410 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 66 1
- Signed accounts for bank 655 15
- flat rate scheme 2,362 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 157 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 323 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 156 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 73 2
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 204 4
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 845 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 294 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 190 5
- VAT Query on new build 115 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 107 1
- P11D Car Value 269 6
- NOVA declaration 110 1
- Business valuation advice 711 18