CGT 10% or 18%
A claim to business asset roll-over relief was made on the 2007 Tax Return. CGT at 10% (after 75% business asset taper relief) was deferred.
The new asset now has a base cost of Nil. The new asset is now likely to be sold (post 06 April 2008) and CGT will be payable at 18%.
Can the 2007 Tax Return roll-over claim be withdrawn? If so, is this an amendment to the 2007 Tax Return and therefore must be done before 31 January 2009? Hmmmm, as I write this I can see a problem if we do not know prior to 31 Jan 2009 that the new asset is to be sold. There is of course a five year period for a roll-over claim to be made; could this apply to a withdrawal?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,264 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 879 37
- Second Limited Company 66 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 470 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 281 8
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 101 2
- Probate services 359 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 445 20
- trading losses allowable? 750 14
- Tax Fines - HMRC 766 12
- Post AAT? 650 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 101 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 193 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,625 37
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,501 24
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 128 3
- Sage accounts help 119 1
- Community Faux Pas 822 25
- AAT before CIMA? 141 1
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 110 3