CGT and IHT reliefs on this company
Looking for some second thoughts.
Successful trading company, profits of £300k per annum. Been trading for 20 years. Balance sheet looks like this:
Business Premises £250k
Cash at Bank £3.5m
Investment Properties £0.5m
Net Assets £4.250m
Share capital £1k
Retained Reserves £4.249m
Turnover is about £4m pa. Employs 20 staff.
Are these trading company shares for the purposes of CGT ER?
Are these shares business assets for BPR? How would any restriction (excepted asset) to BPR be argued practically?
- Marriage Allowance 153 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,024 12
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 326 4
- S455 and February year ends 211 7
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 371 9
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,234 32
- HMRC having technical difficulties 754 18
- Closing down loss-making company 398 5
- S.455 Tax again 262 3
- New Build 321 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 358 4
- Mortgage Reference 769 10
- RTI offline? 151 1
- Right To Manage Company 250 4
- Day allowance working in Qatar 148 1
- Giving shares away 309 6
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 609 5
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 252 5
- Where to post pension on sa100 200 4
- IR 35 Company - Timing issue 270 2