CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 264 11
- Tax return software for remote working 417 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 414 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 751 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 375 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 425 9
- How to purchase business premises? 103 2
- Will I need to resign? 760 10
- Childcare vouchers 108 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 257 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 285 6
- VAT avoidance? 190 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 163 3
- PAYE coding out 148 3
- Follower cases 567 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 447 2
- Late Registration for VAT 443 12
- TheTax Donut 1,135 1
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 702 10
- How to explain this to someone 411 2
- Hive up 464
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 429
- corporate hierarchy 411
- Advice - 239
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 209
- Amortisation of Goodwill 207
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 195
- WWOOFers 187
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 170
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 169