CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- Accounts Package 202 8
- Microsoft One Drive 197 6
- Question about VAT Group Registration 97 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 636 18
- Not a question but made my day 549 13
- Does reputation of a tax agent affect likelihood of a HMRC audit 202 3
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 262 3
- Travel expenses for director - flight 361 3
- Repayment of Share Capital 392 8
- VAT on property 112 1
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 258 4
- PPR ELECTION 307 9
- Late night meals self employed 354 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 416 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 268 1
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,845 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 124 1
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,876 25
- Audacity 1,225 21
- 2014/15 Forms P11D and P11D(b) 263 1
- NHS finance professionals 572
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 377
- Foreign Pension Contribution 346
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 329
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 310
- vat gross profit percentage margins 307
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 283
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 251
- Thinning income 229
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 203