CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 259 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 511 14
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 231 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 788 19
- Flat rate vat error 281 6
- can I claim a per diem 213 4
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 136 3
- Linux Accounting Software 548 13
- RTI due -no broadband 116 1
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 465 12
- Shareholders selling shares to shareholders, how to account for it? 79 1
- Is Hold over relief available? 103 4
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 876 10
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,198 27
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 462 14
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 392 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 226 5
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 427 8
- Business Christmas Greetings 869 17
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 497 11
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 817
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 500
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 314
- How to format a stock book 279
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 223
- Tax efficient holding company structure 217
- Investment property company accounts template 212
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 207
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 179
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 176