CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 30 1
- Was I rude 111 6
- Director's minimum wage? 55 1
- Work in progress calculation 63 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 914 29
- Help with share restructuring 77 1
- HMRC Employers Diary 556 1
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 410 8
- Advice please on best way forward 539 7
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 556 9
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 244 8
- Entrepreneurs relief/ Company Secretary 93 1
- Invoice factoring 202 7
- old client has come out of the woodwork 316 2
- Scoot 384 7
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 495 3
- paye scheme very used 252 3
- Operating lease 142 4
- Gifting shares 120 1
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 276 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,469
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 793
- Any views 719
- International interest certificate 434
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 404
- Sale of business 369
- NOVA 272
- Advertising services? 268
- IRIS Open Books problem 266
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 183