CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- Why should I retain membership? 2,656 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 164 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 319 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 118 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,250 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 382 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,451 18
- Vat 239 4
- CT/CIS offset 110 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 160 4
- Trade name 162 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 127 1
- New business - journal entries 307 20
- B2B vat in the EU 102 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 307 18
- VAT on deposits 202 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 124 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 399 12
- option to tax 202 1
- Share of profits from building society 97 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 776
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 705
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 384
- Social investment tax relief 203
- Digita Hosted Software 197
- Call Centre Data Costs 190
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 154
- Travel costs and contractors 149
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 142
- Certificates of tax deposit 134