CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,019 12
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 254 7
- Sage data 91 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 413 9
- Limited company buying a car 349 6
- Funding Circle experience 131 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 241 10
- Excel query 90 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,268 13
- Payment on account penalties 101 3
- Tax on free shares 127 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 199 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 121 1
- Audit 480 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 123 3
- Buying a horse?? 420 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 190 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 769 21
- PITA ex-client 265 9
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 364 9
- CTA study material 802
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 493
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 457
- Employment related securities question 321
- AIM Stocks and IHT 308
- Expat pension contributions? 280
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 277
- Trust for Employee 256
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 226
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 160