CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- Sage error message 123 2
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 62 1
- Partially exempt? 135 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 446 5
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 133 3
- Mileage claim 195 9
- Auto-Enrolment 3,622 174
- Proof of Delivery 214 8
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 83 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 519 1
- OBK 350 13
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 331 8
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 227 9
- Property expense - legal fees 151 3
- Research expenses for authors 275 6
- Investor exit 82 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 131 3
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 245 4
- Accounting for a VAT Group 125 3
- Xero (another cloud system) and your year end accounts file 143 2
- Skandia using wrong address 460
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 268
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 246
- Employee rewards 246
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 199
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 187
- Etax Australian 158
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 148