CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 66 2
- Help 120 9
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 193 9
- Where has Portia gone? 5,022 109
- Overlap profit 290 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 315 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,057 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 113 1
- Payments on account 172 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 65 1
- What do your junior staff do? 520 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 644 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 409 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 531 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 128 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,937 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 344 3
- On the high seas 112 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 145 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 856 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 852
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 444
- Sanzar 340
- How do you do it 336
- Digital marketing focus group 310
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 295
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 206
- Fit for purpose 202
- new investor structure 197
- VAT Registration 180