CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- Real names 1,095 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 479 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 85 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,363 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 651 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 224 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 65 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 123 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 275 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,569 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,955 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,936 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 76 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 115 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 162 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 106 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 87 1
- Tax position re this lease? 162 2
- VAT on Training Courses 141 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 141 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 577
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 451
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 335
- Sorry ignore me 316
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 274
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 267
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 258
- Cancelled 200
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 170