CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- Building premises bought on 99 year lease 65 1
- Client refusing to change basis period 162 6
- Companies House Authentication code 187 9
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,970 66
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 170 2
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 443 8
- VAT on converting Commercial property to residential 47 2
- Payroll Software Recommendations 301 10
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 340 15
- saturday staff 401 4
- Sports Club - Option to tax 32 1
- Highlighting a line on cell click 54 4
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,446 42
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 509 12
- Free accounts system for small business? 353 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 646 15
- Rights of Alphabet shares 348 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 259 3
- Company paying out on guarantee 134 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 297 5
- Xtuple 585
- Qtac payroll for bureau 410
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 355
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 228
- Tax on damages received 208
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 169
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 165
- PTP Software 153
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141
- Software for Belgium Company 139