CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- VAT flat rate scheme 179 3
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 255 8
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 234 4
- Client information from previous accountant 84 1
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 102 2
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 86 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 368 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 218 2
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 138 5
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,659 31
- PAYE NI 117 2
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 123 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 822 14
- How much to charge? 702 10
- break even point 1,008 30
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 182 5
- Accomodation and travel 206 1
- Unpaid Fee's 360 6
- Issue with a software supplier 245 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 322 5
- Possible Partnership? 514
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 497
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 469
- New Fangled Penalties 310
- Clubs and Taxable Income 261
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 259
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 251
- Loans to other companies 193
- Tasbook email configuration 186
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 170