CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,184 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 207 6
- Xerocon 2016 1,000 23
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 214 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 577 12
- Personal Tax 476 11
- USA Tax Query 147 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,656 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 939 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 262 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 594 18
- Corrupt Excel File 673 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 345 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,973 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 398 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 160 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 308 4
- last minute request 497 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,252 46