CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 820 26
- Bulk Invoicing 128 5
- Help Required 115 3
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 658 4
- late second payment on account 74 1
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 131 6
- How much did you pay for your website 1,346 22
- Is a dormant CT600 needed? 137 2
- Accountancy work for Farmers 439 15
- What would you do in this situation? 331 9
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 548 6
- Project being run jointly 70 1
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 275 12
- Company Name - Number of Characters 227 6
- Lloyds bank ... 330 5
- Sole trader mix up 204 2
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 123 4
- Correct treatment when one company absorbs another 129 4
- Recharging VAT 172 6
- Rent a room when not living there 949 7
- CTA study material 684
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 412
- Employment related securities question 258
- AIM Stocks and IHT 237
- ATED Penalties 234
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 189
- Trust for Employee 174
- Expat pension contributions? 169
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 136
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 122