CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- Xero - Should I partner with them 370 7
- Transferring debts between company balance sheets. 121 6
- Small Company sold building, how to show in accounts 205 6
- Contract Hire Van, reclaiming input VAT 194 2
- Just for fun. 1,245 46
- Directors Share Purchase 328 14
- Xero Training 101 1
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 368 13
- Is interest still due? 315 8
- Dividend Waiver 144 3
- where do we send the request for a residence certificate 413 10
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 644 15
- Spam blocking 799 41
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 146 4
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 145 2
- What is IRIS World like? 99 2
- Claiming back VAT for property developing company 153 5
- AML checks 107 2
- Subject to tax and NIC? 279 8
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 469 3
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 396
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 372
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 348
- Perkbox 329
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 278
- Document Management Systems 266
- WIP Software 258
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 192
- Nomisma feedback? 183
- No payroll scheme in place 183