CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- FYAs on second-hand vans 214 6
- Why do I do this every year 339 9
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 240 20
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 287 5
- closing limited company 138 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 54 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 471 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 242 9
- IHT and US resident 46 1
- What sectors to target? 582 29
- Limited Companies Merger 205 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 129 1
- Practice management 375 7
- IHT and cash gifts 241 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 513 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,587 42
- Capital allowances in first basis period 246 1
- eBay trading 230 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 258 10
- Self assesment online 942 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 925
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 642
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 593
- Latest phishing scam 574
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 409
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 309
- Scratch Head 237
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 229
- Sabbatical payments 193
- Negligible Value Claim 168