CGT on Flat sale
Client purchased a property in June 1986 for 41K and occupied it until June 1991.
During that time he had a number of lodgers.
In July 1991 he vacated the property and moved into rented accommodation where he remains.
From July 1991 - June 1992 the property was let.
From July 1992 - March 1994 the property was not let.
April 1994 to date the property has been let and has been substantially restructured consisting of three self contained flats.
If he disposes of the property ( ie all three flats)for 200K, for what period can he claim PPR?
Does the asset qualify as a business asset for taper relief?
If so, from when and at what rate?
What is his likely CGT liability?
- Accountant Specialization. 323 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 172 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 77 1
- Recommendations for online payroll software 218 2
- HMRC Information notice 931 24
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,273 29
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,686 42
- Sage Line 50 145 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 113 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 382 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 376 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 149 1
- Freelance/Employee 685 17
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 181 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 187 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 495 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 127 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 611 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 708 5
- Agent Authorisation Issue 218 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 749
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 407
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 359
- Electric Car 291
- S222 Charge 240
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 176
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 170
- AIA 170