Change of Permanent Workplace - mileage allowance?
Our client moved from their permanent workplace to a new location 15 miles away over 2 years ago. To help the employees with the additional fuel expense they have given 20p per mile to each employee who this adversely affects.
I am struggling to find any HMRC guidance or legislation on this as the guidance seems to be geared towards the relocation of an employee rather than the relocation of the employer.
As journeys from home to a permanent workplace are disallowable for mileage purposes should our client be submitting P11D forms for each of the employees who this affects. Is there any guidance on allowances or exempt amounts/periods for when this change of workplace happens?
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,054 21
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 569 17
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 226 9
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 21 1
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 342 3
- No more tax returns... 949 11
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 458 8
- Company Share Buy Back 260 7
- Sage 200 question 171 3
- P11d query 139 3
- RTI and Advances to Employees 251 4
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 314 5
- Transactions in land 72 2
- 64-8 problems 427 6
- Time values in Excel 72 2
- RTI / P11d 91 1
- Company car in the LLP 270 4
- flat rate scheme 2,020 39
- Changing shareholding ratio 1,170 9
- Time to react ? ? ? 476 5