Change of Permanent Workplace - mileage allowance?
Our client moved from their permanent workplace to a new location 15 miles away over 2 years ago. To help the employees with the additional fuel expense they have given 20p per mile to each employee who this adversely affects.
I am struggling to find any HMRC guidance or legislation on this as the guidance seems to be geared towards the relocation of an employee rather than the relocation of the employer.
As journeys from home to a permanent workplace are disallowable for mileage purposes should our client be submitting P11D forms for each of the employees who this affects. Is there any guidance on allowances or exempt amounts/periods for when this change of workplace happens?
- US resident trading in UK 43 1
- Account and Taxable Profit 347 18
- Windows10 233 6
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 130 1
- Cash gift from India 180 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,755 39
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,850 43
- Probate services 440 10
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 110 1
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 271 4
- Accounting for corporation tax 307 8
- Sole trader registering for the first time 348 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,012 18
- Creative Auto Enrolment 593 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 889 15
- Can an owner hold company money 342 6
- Class 2 NIC 312 5
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 412 7
- Vat payable on van 199 1
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 247 7