Charge rates for Human Rights tax work
For the past nearly seven years I have been pursuing a case on behalf of one of my clients for Widowers Bereavement Allowance. In November 2006 the court ruled in the lead case that the Government had indeed discriminated against widowers. However, in a (very bizarre) ruling they decided that no compensation would be due to any widowers, but that "reasonable" advocacy costs would be payable by the UK Government.
The Foreign Office won't reach a "friendly settlement" with me, or rather they will, but are only offering 400€. This is felt by myself to be derisory, as I am claiming my costs based upon a charge rate of £130 per hour, which I perceive as being reasonable.
However, in a letter today via the ECHR, the Foreign Office argue that "the accountants claim a fee rate of £130 per hour. This is clearly excessive for an accountancy firm based in Cornwall, and would even be thought a lot for an experienced barrister based in Central London".
I think this is complete balony, but in order to be sure of my facts, before I get back to the Court, I wonder if other accountants around the country would just let me know what their rates for similar work would be, as I want to present my argument based upon facts and not speculation.
Many thanks in advance to all who respond.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 480 5
- See you all on the other side 620 6
- 12Pay 341 2
- dividends 468 2
- R&D 266 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,129 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 408 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 345 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 291 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 508 5
- Seeking a tax case 577 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 435 4
- Companies house strike off 420 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 333 2
- Moving to the cloud 705 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 202 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 855 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 189 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,069 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 452 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 543
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 411
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 361
- IRIS and FRS 102 342
- Capitalising Finance Lease 307
- USA help 305
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 278
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 273
- Capital gains on rental property 248
- Sage Coretime 228