Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 439 18
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 473 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 268 4
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 117 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 892 29
- New Company reviews please 506 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 264 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 142 2
- VAT with Russia 177 2
- Business only use of company car 647 25
- valuation of vehicles 349 15
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 225 4
- Money Laundering Manual 288 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 230 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,085 29
- directors loan 314 8
- Director registration for SA question 319 11
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 357 4
- CIS not deducted 340 5
- Car Capital Contribution 185 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 287
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 237
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 236
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 212
- Any thoughts on Capium? 210
- Expenses Software 190
- auto enrolment 180
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 173
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 148
- How to account for investment in JV? 147