Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Unallocated client money 427 10
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 2,014 41
- Errors in prior year accounts 887 24
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,455 26
- Expenses Apps 258 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,698 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 556 10
- VAT & capitalising 158 3
- Final year's accounts 184 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 369 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 326 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 328 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 294 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 169 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,999 36
- Invoice Help 267 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 211 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 276 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 261 3
- Sorry ignore me 935 24
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 627
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 299
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 246
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 193
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 175
- What's the market like for temps? 169