Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 560 19
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 242 3
- Auto Enrolment set up 366 3
- Loan to Partnership is s455 tax relevant? 523 18
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 414 9
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 134 2
- More HMRC on gov.uk 90 1
- Interflora florist 58 1
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 281 6
- Directors loan accounts 414 10
- Income Self employed 540 8
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,183 22
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 253 7
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 344 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 258 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 120 2
- Employed clients and expenses 802 14
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,037 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 702 29
- Taxfiler V's BTC 917 34
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 542
- NOVA 490
- Bonus Bonds 376
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 354
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 275
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 239
- Friendly Pensions 170
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 157
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 145
- Finance Lease 141