Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- NALS Accountants Report 83 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,454 35
- Legal title not in the company name 247 10
- Dividend dates 547 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 107 3
- Sole properietor 148 4
- transitioning payroll 221 8
- dividend proposals 82 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 219 2
- Deduction from Salary 282 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 176 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,707 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 77 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 431 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 155 2
- 12 Pay Problems 247 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 246 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 86 1
- Redudancy 89 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 481 13
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 362
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 310
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 282
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 229
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 227
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 175