Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Self assessment tax arrears 291 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 192 2
- Mehjoo 317 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 77 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 336 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 185 4
- SA302 317 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 285 13
- Bringing money to Uk 279 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 285 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 207 4
- Go Cardless 353 9
- Hmrc software 244 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 152 1
- Hosted email exchange 182 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 322 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 322 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 251 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 158 3
- Xtuple 514
- Qtac payroll for bureau 354
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 297
- Industrial & Provident Societies 291
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 232
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 199
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 198
- Domain name sale and limited company 176
- CIS schemes 175
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 150