Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,806 62
- Auto enrolment 1,186 13
- Working out a daily rate 49 3
- Payroll dates 64 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 269 8
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 398 23
- Withholding of tax 65 1
- missing 903 20
- Self-employed b/f losses 125 3
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 73 1
- are receipts needed? 118 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 504 16
- sole trader - operating under cis 183 4
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 139 7
- Partnership merger 80 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 711 25
- Know it alls (who don't) 837 19
- VAT on motor expenses 995 36
- Incorporation with pending court case 178 3
- Reposted question 161 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,570
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 868
- International interest certificate 478
- NOVA 335
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 245
- Management expenses for investment company 226
- Bonus Bonds 224
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 215
- Help with tax codes on Sage 167
- Capital reduction 159