Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 152 5
- AIA 260 17
- Childcare vouchers 317 6
- Using home as clients registered address 51 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 31 1
- How much does the company pay 642 29
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 201 2
- I have done a terrible thing 722 15
- HMRC property income enquiry 327 8
- Not paying accountant 1,845 46
- Cash basis VAT return 87 1
- VAT on Business Premises 87 2
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 64 1
- Consolidation Software 141 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 470 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,024 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,193 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 330 9
- LLp Profits 140 5
- two business from one premises 143 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 504
- corporate hierarchy 465
- Advice - 317
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 267
- WWOOFers 259
- The booking.com con 240
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 234
- Cocaine anyone? 219
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 215
- UK State pension paid in NZ 175