Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 124 9
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 37 1
- Your comments please 254 6
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 295 5
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 155 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 77 2
- EIS 179 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 68 2
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 79 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 93 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 182 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 92 1
- CGT history of shares 141 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 694 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 191 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 118 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 211 2
- Closing my business down 381 20
- Recording Calls 126 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 102 1
- Moving away from CCH software 961
- QROP pension input amounts 447
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 391
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 372
- fraud 294
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 268
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 236
- Construction CIS LLP Company 223
- EPS and CIS deductions 216
- Out of time or not? 200