Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,691 61
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 278 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 827 20
- The importance of Grammar 902 24
- New starter - tax code 180 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 121 2
- PI cover 102 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 128 2
- HMRC site down ? 165 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 140 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 203 3
- Xero Pain Points 257 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 94 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 122 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 162 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 384 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 152 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 593 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 234 3
- Childcare 275 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 360
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 299
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 285
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 280
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 272
- Electric Car 223
- S222 Charge 203
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 196
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 174