Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Mortgage Reference 887 15
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 105 1
- RTI offline? 603 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 125 1
- CIS and Xero 273 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 234 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 161 2
- property capital gains 403 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 143 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 290 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 902 9
- Tips on meals 563 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,347 15
- S.455 Tax again 453 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 214 3
- Closing down loss-making company 806 15
- Stumped - IHT 627 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 180 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 506 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 433 14
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 982
- Members in Public Practice 595
- Oplex Careers CPD 364
- Payroll manager and the cloud 295
- Is the APN valid 240
- Treatment of EIS relate back? 238
- Institute of Customer Services 238
- Kashflow payroll 228
- Class 4 NI due on 2 self employments 227
- Continuity of Practice 206