Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Gross Profit Percentage 234 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 144 1
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 221 9
- How to Value a Business 478 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 141 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 548 13
- How much did you pay for your website 487 13
- Companies House 153 2
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 117 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 384 7
- Company Pension Contributions 264 6
- Expenses allowable 176 3
- Let Property Campaign 390 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 138 1
- Self employment trap - pension 349 3
- Awkward IP 616 9
- ESC A19 131 2
- When does my Property business start 272 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,542 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 872 19
- CTA study material 603
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 594
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 368
- Employment related securities question 227
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 200
- ATED Penalties 196
- AIM Stocks and IHT 178
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 137
- Expat pension contributions? 129
- Trust for Employee 126