Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Self-assessment statistics 2,472 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 218 5
- Transmission of ISA 49 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 184 2
- Next Move 715 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 182 2
- Not renewing AAT 677 9
- CGT of shares gifted 383 6
- New dividend taxation 500 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,798 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 159 1
- Company car v company allowance 287 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 437 9
- Company formation and bank account 437 9
- Owning overseas property 349 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 291 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 280 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 711 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 735 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 284 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 667
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 399
- 2015 tax year end 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 395
- FCA regulated company in a small group 347
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 320
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 241
- DTA tie-breaker issue 211
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 208