Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Director drawings 322 30
- Clothing 48 2
- Childcare voucher schemes 82 6
- HMRC SA302s 173 3
- What does the "K" signify 378 7
- Director or self-employed 50 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 115 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 124 3
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 297 2
- What sectors to target? 165 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 89 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 238 11
- Charitable Company's Accounts 84 2
- client can't/won't pay 1,861 40
- Interest Relief 162 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 509 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 51 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,596 54
- Rental losses 127 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,588 14
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 901
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 600
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 571
- Latest phishing scam 527
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 372
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 179
- Sabbatical payments 171