Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 176 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 102 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 159 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 97 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 187 2
- CIS Software 116 1
- Company assets 366 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 223 6
- MoneySoft 170 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 79 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 662 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 146 2
- Self assessment 152 1
- Claiming VAT 131 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,124 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 176 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 277 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 272 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 156 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 513 9
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 504
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 479
- Is there anything wrong with this? 281
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 267
- Uncommercial property business 244
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 204
- Registering online CWF1 184
- VAT - registration needed? 181
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 180
- Accrued income scheme 180