Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- What does PITA mean? 805 20
- PAYE & NIC 134 11
- Corporation Tax disallowed entertaining 188 4
- proposed dividends 677 23
- Business loan not in client's name 96 1
- Car fuel benefit - changing basis 161 2
- VAT on Exhibition services 143 4
- Company Payroll 150 2
- Interim dividends 175 5
- Dates, more dates and cessation 105 2
- Any printer recommendations? 189 6
- Out of date tax returns 268 2
- How do I tackle fraudulent use of a clients SA tax return? 1,077 6
- Filling in my self assessment 983 17
- ACCA CPD verifiable units 175 2
- Any chance of winning an Appeal with HRMC for late self assessment charges 349 7
- Deductible or not ? Working out of hotels /coffee shops 458 6
- FPS responses ... 526 16
- Nominal Codes 288 9
- Charging VAT to a Swedish Company 222 7
- Sanzar 499
- Digital marketing focus group 399
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 379
- Sainsbury's mangement 332
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 331
- Continuity Agreement 326
- Avanti Accounts 324
- Buyback 286
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 233
- Aggresive sales from Iris 204