Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 401 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 132 3
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 105 1
- Registered Office 155 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,486 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 314 5
- Partnership Registration 113 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 909 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 116 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 692 12
- Audit Required 1,187 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 312 9
- Residential Management Companies 96 2
- Value pricing 2,860 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 400 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 397 11
- Payroll software for Mac 124 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 124 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 218 5
- CIS and Close Company 209 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 947
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 661
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 404
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 334
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 263
- Paye procedures for CVA 252
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 251
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 201
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 194
- Pension Fixed Protection 189