Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 41 1
- Goodie bag 1,448 52
- Husband Wife let property 327 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 481 12
- Output tax for retailer 297 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 245 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 99 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 90 1
- CT600 Advice 49 1
- Fair Value Accounting 55 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 89 4
- can I approach clients ? 339 8
- Companies House Penalties 65 2
- Apostille documents 88 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 522 13
- AE - employees making different contributions 62 1
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 322 14
- Classic cars investment 551 15
- Why .... 814 9
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 523 5
- Possible Partnership? 635
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 512
- New Fangled Penalties 440
- Fuming! 366
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 315
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 253
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 232
- Outsource Data Entry 229
- Moving away from CCH software 221
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 172