Charging clients for Software failure?
The accounts software which I use, Absolute Accounts, has a few issues with layout problems. One in particular has meant the layout of my accounts looks poor. The advice given by support is to manually edit it as they don't plan on changing it yet. This is fine if you only do one edit; however, the client has come back on two occasions requesting minor revisions. Therefore a couple of sets of drafts adds an extra half hour on to the time as I have to make the manual adjustments.
So the question really is that is it fair that I charge the client for an extra half hour or so of time for failings within my software that I have purchased. Or should I be bugging the software company more to get the issue fixed.
I have had other clients where I have had to make some manual edits and not felt it fair to charge them.
The issue itself relates to fixed assets being written down to nil. The Balance sheet shows a Fixed Assets caption, but no note number or dashes under the column to show it as a £nil balance. It looks awful so I have to manually edit. The actual fixed asset note is included.
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 628 9
- COMPANY STRIKE OFF 20 1
- Sole Trader to Ltd 105 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 428 13
- VT accounts licence key 370 6
- Starting up in practice - safety net 426 9
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 494 10
- Opening balances Sage 50 55 1
- Flat rate vat 329 4
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 237 6
- Rental property company 184 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 186 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,476 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,210 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 414 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 326 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 290 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 411 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 247 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 221 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 832
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 577
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 450
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 302
- Director Loan account operation 284
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 270
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 263
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 184