Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- White van man 327 16
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 129 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 284 5
- STUDENT LOAN 46 1
- Bookkeeping question 563 6
- wave software 213 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 330 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 198 3
- Backdate C79? 158 2
- Entertaining - definition? 290 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 349 10
- foreign income 107 1
- SA1 Online 86 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 90 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 89 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 344 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 99 1
- Capital allowances offset rule 133 1
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 126 4
- Worried over stock value 159 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 820
- Copy Wanted 545
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 501
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 486
- Latest phishing scam 340
- Entrepreneurs' relief 311
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 284
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 277
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 273
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 180