Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 247 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 791 21
- BrightPay 580 17
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 215 2
- H&W company 174 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 143 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 157 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 258 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 76 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 783 32
- Classic cars investment 215 6
- VAT silly question 2,379 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,077 10
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 259 5
- Federation Accounts 359 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 540 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 289 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 164 2
- Late reply from HMRC 260 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 290 6
- Benchmarking 487
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 406
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 347
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 205
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Clubs and Taxable Income 188
- Income tax on foreign dividends 187
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 182