Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 9 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 358 4
- which software 350 3
- Self employed travel expenses 102 1
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 345 18
- Audit exempt subsidiary 40 1
- Accounting treatment of service charges incurred prior to occupation 134 1
- Best apps for clients 251 4
- Tax position re this lease? 84 1
- VAT on Training Courses 111 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 565 8
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,773 16
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 264 2
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 122 2
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 213 2
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 428 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 183 2
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 457 13
- Real names 1,030 32
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 301 7
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 575
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 446
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 350
- IFA incorporation 333
- Sorry ignore me 307
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 260
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 251
- Cancelled 195
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 162