Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- Audit rules 140 4
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 965 55
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 215 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 793 20
- Go Cardless 251 8
- business entertaining deductibility 108 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 104 2
- R & D 97 3
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 218 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 65 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 103 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 139 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 127 1
- New Business Registration 207 5
- Hosted email exchange 123 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 142 1
- G P life time allowance 111 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 366 11
- Bringing money to Uk 211 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 130 1
- Xtuple 500
- Qtac payroll for bureau 333
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 277
- Industrial & Provident Societies 274
- Mehjoo 219
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 216
- New strategic report 169
- Domain name sale and limited company 155
- South African Government Pension 151
- CIS schemes 146