Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 244 8
- Pre- trading Expenses 75 1
- IRIS Practice Management 125 1
- Was I rude 770 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 176 5
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 167 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 298 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 242 1
- Top slicing relief question 230 2
- Valuation of PET on death 109 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 265 6
- Share swap 290 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 88 1
- Online filing 157 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 330 13
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,714 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 105 2
- Converting a barn for business use 98 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 239 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 127 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,477
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 813
- Any views 728
- International interest certificate 446
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 418
- Sale of business 388
- NOVA 283
- IRIS Open Books problem 280
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 197
- Expenses claim for non employee 188