Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 419 6
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 140 4
- PRR 454 15
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 59 1
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 230 14
- Working from home - time apportionment 294 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 206 2
- cross border vat 115 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,907 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 778 17
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 283 12
- Can't read my handwriting 635 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,653 74
- Employing a carer 132 1
- Fees for Property Tax Return 534 16
- Corp Tax Refund 175 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 403 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 282 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 95 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 236 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,373
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 519
- National Insurance 414
- Non Resident 321
- Hands on experience of Digita 244
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 227
- Employer's Helpline 188
- CIS paid under reg 9 186
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 153
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 149