Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- Networking 810 7
- Allocation of income from property 601 22
- Outstanding Loans 177 2
- Services by BVI Company for UK Company 67 2
- bookkeeping system 437 7
- Private company division 275 4
- Sharing ODBC Excel Pivot Tables over network 107 2
- Company car in the LLP 91 1
- Sorry - another PPR question 132 1
- 64-8 problems 301 4
- flat rate scheme 1,787 37
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 866 11
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 317 9
- Unpaid share capital 198 2
- Bad debt receipt for dissolved company 132 1
- VAT Refunds 161 2
- Company van paid by director 304 3
- Hello 319 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,835 51
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 204 4