Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- calculation DTR restriction 118 2
- SMP reclaimable by employer 144 3
- Yorkshire Day 43 2
- R&D tax credit claim 562 8
- Agent help line - long queues? 57 2
- Employee and subcontractor 130 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,750 40
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 146 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,079 66
- Incorporated when they should not have 349 10
- Accounts Software 266 10
- Company Director In Prison 516 12
- Flat rate VAT 177 3
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,427 23
- Deduction from Salary 870 23
- National insurance contributions 131 1
- AWeb - download file 230 4
- Director Drawings 277 6
- Accountancy Career 382 5
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 168 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 687
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 538
- Cancelled 431
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Probiz 339
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 331
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 245
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 219
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 206