Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- Disbursement of recharge 385 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 27 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 305 9
- Mortgage Reference 906 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 309 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 113 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 162 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 142 1
- RTI offline? 619 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 166 1
- CIS and Xero 279 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 265 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 186 2
- property capital gains 413 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 161 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 948 9
- Tips on meals 573 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,355 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 244 3