Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- Partnership Registration 24 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 866 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 76 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 648 12
- Audit Required 1,172 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 291 9
- Residential Management Companies 66 2
- Value pricing 2,840 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 384 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 376 11
- Payroll software for Mac 114 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 97 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 211 5
- CIS and Close Company 196 6
- LLP members share of profits 631 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 423 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 135 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 96 1
- Registered Office 102 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 108 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 936
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 659
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 390
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 330
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 254
- Paye procedures for CVA 245
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 241
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 190
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 187
- Pension Fixed Protection 183