Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 159 3
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 90 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 165 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 806 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 520 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 684 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 299 16
- Personal pension 434 9
- Business rates consultancy 262 4
- Wrong tax code 168 6
- Benefit in Kind 247 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 80 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 274 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,055 31
- Deferred Tax 473 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 206 1
- You know its over 486 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 243 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 142 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 235 3
- Hive up 511
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 473
- corporate hierarchy 451
- Advice - 292
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 237
- WWOOFers 231
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 216
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 193
- The booking.com con 170
- UK State pension paid in NZ 163