Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 365 4
- Schedule A losses 121 1
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 488 8
- Identify cost savings 139 3
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 348 5
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 79 2
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,602 19
- Member meet up 1 October in London 270 7
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 540 11
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 171 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 817 1
- Fees 763 8
- P11D & tax return 270 10
- Freelance/Employee 913 22
- VAT on children's clothing 163 4
- when is a bad debt a bad debt 245 6
- Why do I get the feeling ... 459 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 2,445 50
- Concurrent users 469 7
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 103 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 437
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 389
- Electric Car 328
- S222 Charge 266
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 237
- AIA 212
- IP trans to holding company 209
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 200
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 167
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 157