Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- I do not love you 296 5
- What are you doing now 31 Jan is past? 164 2
- Limited Company 244 4
- Gift of FHL - subsequent PPR not denied? 188 1
- Love is in the air 771 10
- Stamp Duty 343 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 751 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 911 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 420 5
- Paying Son 821 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 408 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 286 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,078 47
- Setting up a practice 671 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 645 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 573 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 506 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 249 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,878 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 479 1
- Foreign domicile status 324
- DTA tie-breaker issue 307
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 306
- CGT for NOn UK residents 286
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 284
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 263
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 250
- Apprenticeship Levy 248
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 241
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 236