Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- Director registration for SA question 401 16
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 106 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 234 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 484 22
- Voluntary Disclosure 82 1
- valuation of vehicles 385 16
- Business only use of company car 674 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 500 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 298 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 930 29
- New Company reviews please 528 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 297 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 197 2
- VAT with Russia 204 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 230 4
- Money Laundering Manual 299 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 239 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,106 29
- directors loan 344 8
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 370 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 292
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 242
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 237
- Any thoughts on Capium? 221
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 216
- auto enrolment 184
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 174
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 151
- How to account for investment in JV? 148
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 147