Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 329 6
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 79 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 321 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 149 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 210 4
- Rental property company 106 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 304 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 259 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 383 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 156 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 195 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 147 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 490 5
- Director's tax return 400 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 182 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,136 34
- Flat rate vat 240 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 196 5
- Coming in from the cold 391 3
- Splitting the tax year 192 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 819
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 569
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 437
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 315
- Free Tax Legislation? 291
- Director Loan account operation 270
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 260
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 257
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 235
- Paye procedures for CVA 178