Chasing Clients for Information
Like many others, a fair amount of my time is being taken on chasing cients for information for their tax returns.
I would be really grateful for any ideas and suggestions how to change this.
Here are my ideas (please feel free free to comment/critcise)
- Make it very clear in the Engagment letter that we will only ask for information once. Repeated requests will incur additional cost at £25 per request.
- In the very early days emphaise the above point to client.
- Do not chase, after the first request of information.again making it very clear to the client in the request for info email and Eng Letter
- Find an automated email system that send repeated requests (finding a system is difficult!). Echo sign has been such a help in sending weekly reminders for clients to sign tax returns/eng letters etc.
It is such a waste to keep chasing.
- Who owns SAGE Data? 352 7
- change of paye software 492 13
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 230 5
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 151 2
- Which software for practice books? 453 19
- Several employments - large tax bill remaining 215 4
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 521 2
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 402 13
- share capital calculation 219 14
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 59 1
- Dispensation pointless ? 169 3
- Renting property to yourself 446 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,951 51
- RTI Student Loan Reconciliation 173 4
- Pension contributions limits 258 11
- pre letting expenses 125 1
- Ltd Company 150 4
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 170 6
- Is there a time limit on VAT claims on DIY barn conversions? 64 1
- Dividend payments to spouses 283 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 722
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 471
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 286
- How to format a stock book 250
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 205
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 202
- Tax efficient holding company structure 189
- Investment property company accounts template 184
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 177
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 159