CIS Contractor goes bust
CIS Contractor goes bust.
Liquidator publishes list of creditors including £300,000 owed to HMRC. No monies available for unsecured creditors.
My client has been a subbie to the main contractor for 2 years. 20% deductions always taken.
Last 3 months my client wasn't paid; strung along with promises, refinancing, all be sorted soon, etc.
My subbie client is owed £10k gross. Is there a case for saying that £2k of this is owed to HMRC and £8k owed to my client.
If not why not. How could anyone ever establish the makeup of the HMRC Creditor of £300k?
Anyone come across a similar situation?
Thanks to any respondents.
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 22 3
- Matching of tax return to P60 37 1
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,012 20
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,193 53
- Related Parties Note 112 3
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 765 22
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 192 7
- what time is it ? 309 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 89 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 433 24
- VAT on disbursement 168 2
- tax credits 209 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,045 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 87 1
- LLP - Member leaving 196 6
- Year end 263 3
- Foreign income for self employed 173 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 311 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 329 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,151 14
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 911
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 528
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 336
- How to format a stock book 322
- Tax efficient holding company structure 258
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 248
- Investment property company accounts template 234
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 197
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 184
- Charge out rates in London? 158