Claiming approved mileage allowance in 2 connected companies
Mr Jones is a director of company A and claims mileage at the approved HMRC rates. He is likely to reach 10,000 miles before 6 April this year so will need to claim at the lower rate after that.
He is also a director of a much smaller company B, that has no employees, but is billed by company A for work done by company B's employees.
He has just started submitting mileage claims direct to company B. Am I right in thinking that the 10,000 miles should be counted over both companies, as otherwise he would be making an taxable gain if the clock started at zero for the mileage claims in company B?
- incorrect old p60 335 8
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,068 31
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 223 3
- Missing tax return 335 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 347 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 145 2
- Inflation and fees 1,377 24
- Sage Priority Support 174 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 192 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 825 24
- Micro-entity accounts 218 1
- Related party disclosure 204 3
- Company reconstruction 136 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 232 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 148 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 170 1
- Advice please! 416 2
- VAT on new builds 185 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 148 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 384 6