CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 186 13
- Tax relief for VAT assessment 15 1
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 134 1
- Goodwill complications 271 5
- How much of your work is admin? 696 9
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 217 4
- Will I need to resign? 424 7
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 110 1
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 311 5
- Trade creditor journal 115 2
- Nominal Ledger 462 12
- The declaration on the VAT return is wrong ??? 186 1
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 228 5
- Old CGT loss 241 4
- Limited company purchase of property 470 1
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 484 2
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 990 14
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 408 9
- HMRC Distraint 157 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 172 2