CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 148 3
- Accountant software 415 11
- Accounting jobs in the UK 145 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 231 1
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 200 4
- CIS gross status review 93 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 126 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 355 6
- Flat rate vat error 244 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 137 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 145 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 88 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 148 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 364 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 623 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 270 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 611 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 204 4
- Charge out rates in London? 217 2
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 186 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 756
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 484
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 299
- How to format a stock book 265
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 213
- Tax efficient holding company structure 203
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 196
- Investment property company accounts template 191
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 172
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 161