CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- Director drawings 202 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 14 1
- client can't/won't pay 1,832 40
- Interest Relief 145 5
- What sectors to target? 95 2
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 467 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 22 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,557 54
- Rental losses 107 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,556 14
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 286 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 140 3
- Charitable Company's Accounts 58 1
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 212 8
- Carrying forward self employment losses 174 8
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 532 19
- Child Benefit Higher Income Tax Charge 121 3
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 96 2
- Balancing allowance/charge calculation on cessation of self-employment 55 1
- how much to charge 263 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 900
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 599
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 569
- Latest phishing scam 525
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 371
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 178
- Sabbatical payments 169