CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- Directors Share Purchase 181 3
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 508 9
- Incapable of reading 215 2
- Using VT Transactions + for first time .. struggling with flat rate VAT 186 3
- How much to charge 291 4
- How to pay national insurance 234 8
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 242 4
- Government Gateway 1,011 16
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,589 11
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 218 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 114 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 128 2
- P11D Rejection 389 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 561 14
- Selling a practice 381 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,301 20
- Overlap relief 475 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 176 1
- Dormant payroll 854 9
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 203 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 447
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 351
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 344
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 315
- Perkbox 280
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 251
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 246
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 244
- Document Management Systems 220
- WIP Software 209