CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 200 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 205 5
- Redundancy pay for directors? 134 4
- Problem partnership fees 114 1
- Small company audit 189 7
- Car financed by employee 94 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 92 1
- Undisclosed income 160 3
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 293 8
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,747 46
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 240 4
- Private Investment Company 136 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 113 1
- New company - form a group? 198 3
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 798 17
- CIC Company 431 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,704 57
- Is this a scam? 819 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 161 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 368 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 605
- Cancelled 350
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 337
- Cancelled 288
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 260
- Probiz 247
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 202
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 188
- Car leasing scheme 184
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 178