CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- VAT disaggregation 272 4
- Giving shares away 425 8
- Non-IR35 contractors and travel, since Autumn Statement 216 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 559 11
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 40 1
- property capital gains 243 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 231 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,218 13
- Tips on meals 257 2
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 219 3
- Personal Tax 778 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 271 2
- Stumped - IHT 236 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 432 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 497 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,308 33
- Credit management tools 175 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 801 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 445 7
- CGT and primary residence 207 1