CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 161 13
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 100 1
- Invoice Help 213 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 130 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 214 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 206 3
- Sorry ignore me 884 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 554 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,931 35
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,240 12
- Errors in prior year accounts 790 20
- VAT & capitalising 82 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 316 5
- Free Shares ? 240 2
- Is this a scam? 555 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 293 7
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 276 6
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 150 1
- Peer to Peer lending 864 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 105 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 624
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 530
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 294
- Cancelled 284
- Cancelled 244
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 189
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 188
- Probiz 169
- What's the market like for temps? 164
- Married woman dies owning marital home 162