CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- What are my legal responsibilities 312 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 75 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 330 4
- No more tax returns... 1,532 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 415 6
- Signed accounts for bank 266 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 472 10
- Landing clients 402 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,148 22
- Termination Payment 190 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 200 3
- CRM / marketing 103 2
- Allocation of income from property 755 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,880 28
- Opening a Quick books file 123 1
- 64-8 problems 519 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 349 10
- Payment on account reminders 243 3
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 119 3
- Hello 520 4