CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 62 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,724 65
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 241 7
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 367 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 272 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 246 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 900 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 192 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 123 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 193 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 399 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 338 9
- Merging my businesses 156 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,728 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 519 16
- VAT on commercial property 161 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,055 49
- deceased creditor 216 5
- Corporate member of LLP 284 1
- Investment company 277 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 782
- RTI - duplicate employee record 542
- Pensions Regulator 445
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 405
- Sage Vat return box 2 310
- Sanzar 306
- Digital marketing focus group 291
- How do you do it 280
- Portia ... Where art thou 278
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 260