CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- Interprise software 71 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 498 19
- Charity accounting 259 6
- Outsourcing Payroll 81 1
- sage 103 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 151 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,049 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 203 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 125 1
- FBI2 199 3
- Double entry 167 4
- Companies House 141 3
- Small house in garden 146 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 142 2
- Clients 921 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 288 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 147 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 277 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 310 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 130 5
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 537
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 468
- EPS and CIS deductions 327
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 310
- Construction CIS LLP Company 300
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 295
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 263
- Overdrawn director account 217
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 204
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 199