CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- Would this save hours of your time? 202 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 69 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 164 2
- Underpaid National Insurance 78 1
- Career Advice 134 2
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 43 1
- Wrong career 194 8
- Other forums 91 1
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 208 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 97 3
- Agent with HMRC 265 11
- Quarterly PAYE 269 8
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,882 29
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 182 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 565 4
- Newsletter 246 5
- RTI Filing 1,767 22
- Fee's for P11D's 321 5
- reporting salary? 188 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 332 16
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 774
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 528
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 394
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 280
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 221
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 218
- Director Loan account operation 215
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 208
- Free Tax Legislation? 202
- vat return 179