CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,044 13
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 141 2
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 166 4
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 265 5
- Sage Line 50 53 1
- HMRC Post 237 4
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 131 1
- Freelance/Employee 559 14
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 208 3
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 488 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,864 57
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 325 8
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 186 3
- Employment Allowance 360 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,404 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 195 4
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 974 21
- Company Structure 285 2
- The importance of Grammar 2,140 58
- Who is responsible for goods values for customs clearance? 73 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 366
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 344
- Electric Car 279
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 174
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 162
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 162
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153