CLEARING OUT WALLY ACCOUNTANTS
Anyone examining the benefits of out sourcing must come to an inevitable conclusion. Every company's entire accountancy function should be outsourced, preferably to practitioners in America and India.
The big beneift is cost. However, just as importantly, unlike many UK based accountants, overseas practitioners feel no obligation to act primarily on behalf of HMRC. Indeed many win clients by emphasising their ability to minimise UK tax using legal methods.
Speaking to overseas accountants is such a refreshing exercise. They're quite clearly on your side. At a time of severe recession, this is precisely what we need.
Too many UK accountants have had a culture of developing cosy relationships with HMRC to make things easier for themselves. Others have a bizarre sense of morality where they actively want clients to pay as much tax as possible, because that's what feel is the right thing to do. However, that's not their job.
The mesage is clear: focus more on saving your clients money or lose out.
Doubtless this posting will attract the usual share of whingers, trotting out an array of weak arguments for maintaiing the status quo. However, there will be others - hopefully many others - who will have seen this trend for themsleves, and now recognise it as an terrific opportunity to seize business from the laggards.
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 38 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 217 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,217 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 348 6
- Go Cardless 371 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 311 3
- Mehjoo 325 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 115 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 377 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 188 4
- SA302 332 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 289 13
- Bringing money to Uk 288 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 214 4
- Hmrc software 249 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 177 1
- Hosted email exchange 188 5
- South African Government Pension 184 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 381 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 325 13
- Xtuple 515
- Qtac payroll for bureau 355
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 298
- Industrial & Provident Societies 292
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 233
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 208
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 205
- Domain name sale and limited company 178
- CIS schemes 175
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 151