Client being chased by Iqor debt collection on behalf of HMRC
The money they are asking for apparently relates to underpaid VAT in 2007. There was some confusion back then as she had paid the VAT amount to the PAYE office in error and there had been letters from HMRC at the time. Anyway we had confirmation then that the amount had been transferred to the VAT account and the matter was settled as far as we were aware.
I am very concerned now that this exact amount has come again and being chased by a very persistent debt collection agency. Do HMRC use such agencies to collect debt? If not how does this company have the information on my client.
Has anyone else come across this?
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 202 4
- Turnover on a tax return 95 7
- incorrect old p60 366 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 222 3
- VAT refund 94 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 176 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 253 3
- Missing tax return 357 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,088 30
- Inflation and fees 1,389 24
- Sage Priority Support 177 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 833 24
- Micro-entity accounts 254 1
- Related party disclosure 216 3
- Company reconstruction 153 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 240 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 159 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 180 1
- Advice please! 427 2
- VAT on new builds 190 3