Client being chased by Iqor debt collection on behalf of HMRC
The money they are asking for apparently relates to underpaid VAT in 2007. There was some confusion back then as she had paid the VAT amount to the PAYE office in error and there had been letters from HMRC at the time. Anyway we had confirmation then that the amount had been transferred to the VAT account and the matter was settled as far as we were aware.
I am very concerned now that this exact amount has come again and being chased by a very persistent debt collection agency. Do HMRC use such agencies to collect debt? If not how does this company have the information on my client.
Has anyone else come across this?
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 153 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 190 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,223 35
- Mortgage Reference 539 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 245 7
- Insovent companies 883 19
- New Build 201 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,295 48
- BrightPay quirks 214 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 172 1
- Personal Tax 629 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 191 1
- USA Tax Query 309 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 440 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 361 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 396 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6