Client being chased by Iqor debt collection on behalf of HMRC
The money they are asking for apparently relates to underpaid VAT in 2007. There was some confusion back then as she had paid the VAT amount to the PAYE office in error and there had been letters from HMRC at the time. Anyway we had confirmation then that the amount had been transferred to the VAT account and the matter was settled as far as we were aware.
I am very concerned now that this exact amount has come again and being chased by a very persistent debt collection agency. Do HMRC use such agencies to collect debt? If not how does this company have the information on my client.
Has anyone else come across this?
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 329
- Set up a company pension 273
- RTI Fees 250
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 233
- Where's our 10%? 227
- Driving sales growth 204
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 200
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 197
- EIS 192
- Regiatration of a Trust 190
- HMRC Enquiry Assessments 190
- CIS late registration 188
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 177
- Break up basis accounting 172
- Best structure 169
- Property owned privately 163
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 155
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 134
- Accruing for fixed asset invoice 132
- SEIS and DeMinimus Aid 128