Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,164 68
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 257 11
- Gift of property & improvements 91 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 321 5
- VAT Invoice 99 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 785 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 109 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 190 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 147 7
- General tax book with planning 119 1
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 130 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 425 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 351 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 239 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 175 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 255 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 157 4
- SA302's anyone?? 530 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,639 41
- Renting for military reasons 186 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,617
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 897
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 367
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 288
- Management expenses for investment company 262
- Bonus Bonds 260
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 171
- tax on apprenticeship income 169
- P11D benefit received by widow 148