Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- flat rate scheme 819 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 573 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 111 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 236 1
- CIS online 160 3
- Class IV NIC 167 3
- bookkeeping system 195 4
- Company van paid by director 110 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,566 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 253 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 132 3
- Private company division 99 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 304 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 639 7
- Split year treatment ? 120 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 278 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 109 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 209 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 250 3
- Special dividends & CGT 311 2