Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 125 4
- PRR 450 15
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 39 1
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 225 14
- Working from home - time apportionment 291 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 205 2
- cross border vat 110 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,900 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 768 17
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 269 12
- Can't read my handwriting 632 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,650 74
- Employing a carer 123 1
- Fees for Property Tax Return 530 16
- Corp Tax Refund 169 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 398 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 277 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 84 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 231 1
- Audit partner? 277 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,372
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 518
- National Insurance 410
- Non Resident 319
- Hands on experience of Digita 244
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 224
- Employer's Helpline 186
- CIS paid under reg 9 184
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 151
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 145