Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 12 1
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 978 16
- Tax return to date of death/R27 75 2
- Gross Profit Percentage 432 10
- Preparing a consolidated TB 267 7
- does a hybrid car with CO2 92g/km bought April 2014 459 5
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 236 8
- Companies House 353 7
- Medical benefit on low paid wife of director? 109 5
- Date of acquisition for capital allowances 120 1
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 89 2
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 227 6
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 250 8
- Self employment trap - pension 432 5
- Awkward IP 699 10
- Prepare for Chaos 491 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,727 69
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 213 3
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,681 29
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 614 14
- CTA study material 610
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 374
- Employment related securities question 231
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 204
- ATED Penalties 197
- AIM Stocks and IHT 180
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 141
- Expat pension contributions? 136
- Trust for Employee 130
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 122