Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- Mortgage Reference 411 3
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,241 45
- Xerocon 2016 1,108 29
- New Build 98 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 79 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 712 15
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 94 1
- USA Tax Query 255 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 407 5
- last minute request 595 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 306 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 338 7
- Personal Tax 572 11
- Disengagement Help! 1,709 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 975 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 377 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 626 18
- Corrupt Excel File 687 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 2,004 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 296 2