Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- CIS gross status review 68 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 114 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 328 6
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 164 3
- Flat rate vat error 228 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 100 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 131 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 56 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 123 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 347 8
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 93 1
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 596 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 257 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 599 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 195 4
- Charge out rates in London? 197 2
- Accounting jobs in the UK 105 1
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 165 3
- pre letting expenses 153 2
- Expat working back in UK 105 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 745
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 478
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 294
- How to format a stock book 256
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 213
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 208
- Tax efficient holding company structure 195
- Investment property company accounts template 186
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 166