Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- The stupidity continues 448 18
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 157 5
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 85 1
- transactions after account have been closed 98 3
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,316 25
- New Employers Helpline 183 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 172 3
- Software recommendations 241 1
- Share transfer question 359 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 296 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 158 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,408 19
- Overlap relief 751 19
- What is IRIS World like? 351 8
- Pension contributions 369 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 484 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 182 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 477 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 268 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 206 1
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 436
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 431
- WIP Software 294
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 287
- No payroll scheme in place 231
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 205
- Is there anything wrong with this? 198
- Small Part Disposal of Property 181
- Uncommercial property business 176