Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- Corporation Tax Software 321 10
- How do I save face? 1,922 14
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,551 89
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 805 7
- HMRC Summons for £14k 224 2
- BrightPay 978 28
- Goodie bag 2,829 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 71 1
- How many associated companies 137 2
- BIK for an electric car 96 1
- Signed accounts for a lender 396 17
- can I approach clients ? 836 11
- Regular Director bonus 276 5
- Secure document exchange 576 6
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 127 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 581 9
- FreeAgent question 318 8
- Mortgage interest 107 1
- Practising options 496 6
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 456 10
- Possible Partnership? 678
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 530
- Fuming! 473
- New Fangled Penalties 463
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 329
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 271
- Moving away from CCH software 255
- Outsource Data Entry 249
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 249
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 199