Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 144 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,635 60
- Dividend dates 522 9
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 57 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 413 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 140 2
- 12 Pay Problems 222 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 211 3
- Deduction from Salary 247 7
- Sole properietor 81 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 81 1
- Redudancy 53 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 472 13
- VAT - Recharge 82 2
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 347 4
- transitioning payroll 174 4
- Legal title not in the company name 204 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 164 3
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,755 30
- Car financed by employee 193 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 361
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 307
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 278
- Probiz 269
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 226
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 171