Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,353 25
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 577 17
- Anybody still doing returns? 979 37
- BVI registered 170 4
- Closing a limited company 386 6
- Self assessment for directors 160 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 273 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,614 17
- A little knowledge 389 6
- Digita in the cloud 164 2
- Tax relief when working away 86 1
- Tax relief when working away 193 3
- Designated sole Residence 251 5
- Scratch Head 354 1
- Year end 273 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 328 13
- Clothing 645 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 175 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 207 5
- Identity check problem 1,523 14
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 966
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 689
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 632
- Latest phishing scam 613
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 454
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 334
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 267
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 233
- Sabbatical payments 227
- Negligible Value Claim 208