Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 1,426 28
- Dividend and pension with no salary 368 4
- proposed dividends 177 14
- NICs and director salary if receiving pension 60 1
- ATT Exam Question 123 5
- shareholder remuneration 105 7
- Vat on solicitors charges 297 7
- What does PITA mean? 664 17
- VATable supplies 116 3
- How does one compete? 220 5
- VAT within EC 73 2
- Should small companies be audited? 1,034 42
- CIS? 263 7
- CGT base cost 422 15
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 262 2
- Where has Portia gone? 8,933 143
- Late leaver notification 280 5
- Accountex Exhibition 218 2
- Overseas Company 151 1
- You know you're an accountant when... 1,522 45
- Sanzar 466
- Digital marketing focus group 384
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 357
- Continuity Agreement 300
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 290
- Sainsbury's mangement 284
- Avanti Accounts 274
- Buyback 271
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 213
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 181