Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- RTI Filing 1,742 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 60 1
- Wrong career 47 1
- Fee's for P11D's 287 5
- Agent with HMRC 236 10
- Quarterly PAYE 208 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 40 1
- reporting salary? 165 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 315 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 269 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 89 3
- Value pricing 574 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 382 1
- Childcare Vouchers 171 3
- Audit Report Query 185 5
- Coming in from the cold 217 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,307 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 94 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 135 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 81 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 768
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 522
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 216
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 215
- Director Loan account operation 204
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 203
- vat return 166
- Free Tax Legislation? 161