Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- Personal allowance 397 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 454 12
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 132 3
- Scams are not always obvious 682 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 105 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 100 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 86 3
- Related party disclosures 165 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 176 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 72 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 606 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 216 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 243 8
- Is this legal? 620 9
- Market Value/Connected Persons 182 7
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,987 23
- Cells from many sheets 123 2
- Taxation of rental income 199 4
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 135 6
- Childcare vouchers 102 1
- New Fangled Penalties 1,041
- Moving away from CCH software 902
- Recruitment agencies 526
- QROP pension input amounts 410
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 362
- Deemed Employment Payment 344
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 307
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 298
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 217
- fraud 215