Client sadly passed away....
A client has sadly passed away. A very difficult time.
A family member - who was/is employee of the business - is continuing to run the business - with a view to selling up.
Does the family member continue to be employee of the estate?
Does post death income get reported as income of the estate - if so how and when?
Or does family member have to register as self employed and run the business as a sole trader?
Apologies if these seem basic - Ive never experienced death of a client before.
Any advice/experience is very much appreciated.
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 173 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 407 11
- CGT 246 4
- Vat registration exception 67 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 418 10
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 67 1
- CGT 425 18
- Charity Grant accounting 88 3
- Property income in different capacities 203 4
- Entrepreneurs Relief 838 46
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 223 5
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 396 8
- how to object to registered company name... 211 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 488 14
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 409 5
- VAT QUESTION 318 3
- More AE! 697 15
- Money Soft payroll 562 11
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 226 2
- Change of payroll software 431 10
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,198
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 804
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 497
- Digita Hosted Software 325
- Credit where credit's due....... 292
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 230
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 170
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 148
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 139
- TheTax Donut 132