Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 109 5
- Unhappy client over fees 1,406 32
- Multi user accounting software 129 2
- S455 tax on existing loans on becoming a participator 74 1
- Does QuickBooks Online have aged debtors and creditors reports? 221 2
- Do HMRC impose harsher penalties on unrepresented taxpayers? 114 1
- Is it possible and what should be done? 157 1
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 192 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 403 11
- do i need an online accounting software 554 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 107 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 645 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 252 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 1,020 16
- Can you claim part of the AIA and WDAs on the remainder 182 2
- Bank account security - Kashflow 299 4
- Double tax relief -UK tax paid in error 124 2
- Partnership Share Ratio Quandary 465 12
- ACCA student with study package 412 8
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 407 3
- NHS finance professionals 791
- Foreign Pension Contribution 475
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 467
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 405
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 372
- IFA income recognition & reporting 280
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 262
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 256
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 208
- FRM claim for travel to training course 201