Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- Partnership returns software 107 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 810 18
- Tasks for new trainees 164 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 278 10
- VAT on garage rent 144 9
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 95 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 163 3
- Property scam victim 319 5
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 246 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 60 1
- Have i messed up? 753 11
- Are HMRC getting it right? 424 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 60 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 115 2
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 76 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 81 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 574 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 108 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,655 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 272 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,095
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 578
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 384
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 290
- Charge out rates in London? 246
- Interest on Loan to a Company 190
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 175
- Agent fees to sell business 166
- Alphabet shares 163
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 155