Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- What does it mean?? 42 1
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 57 2
- VAT on motor expenses 802 29
- Holding companies 52 2
- Notes to statutory accounts 110 8
- A question about share structure 151 2
- VAT & Landlords 76 2
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 580 4
- Client died family to pay redundancy 157 2
- Gifting shares 190 3
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 291 5
- Rent paid by director 48 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 106 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 412 13
- Builder using cash labour 316 3
- Easy way to not pay tax 742 18
- Accomodation charge for Publican 123 2
- VAT Registration 341 16
- Singaporean Tax Adviser 61 1
- Valuation of PET on death 216 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,516
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 838
- International interest certificate 455
- NOVA 313
- Bonus Bonds 194
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 194
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 190
- Management expenses for investment company 187
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 172
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 165