Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 516 5
- See you all on the other side 647 6
- 12Pay 372 2
- dividends 503 2
- R&D 283 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,139 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 422 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 364 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 331 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 522 5
- Seeking a tax case 596 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 458 4
- Companies house strike off 468 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 371 2
- Moving to the cloud 716 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 866 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,074 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 468 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 546
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 413
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 363
- IRIS and FRS 102 345
- Capitalising Finance Lease 311
- USA help 308
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 285
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 279
- Capital gains on rental property 255
- Sage Coretime 230