Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- Late Registration for VAT 156 5
- Registering a company late 214 6
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 254 4
- physiotherapy clinic 543 3
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,892 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 69 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,000 25
- Deferred Tax 101 1
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 55 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 401 7
- How much of your work is admin? 145 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,786 19
- Goodwill complications 141 2
- Personal pension 209 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 168 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 290 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 246 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 982 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,156 12
- property development 275 8
- TheTax Donut 1,005
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 665
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 616
- Follower cases 481
- Limited company purchase of property 407
- Hive up 404
- corporate hierarchy 375
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 371
- LIVE chat, starting now 314
- AIA or IFA 205