Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 207 3
- Undisclosed income 73 1
- Private Investment Company 115 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 60 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,631 44
- New company - form a group? 182 3
- Small company audit 110 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 273 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 781 17
- CIC Company 413 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,680 57
- Is this a scam? 786 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 144 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 352 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 257 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 195 4
- PITA client 263 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 383 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,336 33
- Dividend dates 493 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 600
- Cancelled 349
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 334
- Cancelled 286
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 257
- Probiz 245
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 197
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 183
- Car leasing scheme 181
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 169