Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- UK resident director of a non resident company 63 1
- 2020 Annual Conference 176 4
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,238 27
- VAT admin query 133 1
- Professional Clearance 1,237 30
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,473 14
- At what point is the sales? 70 1
- Past rental expenses 337 6
- Let Property Campaign - Joint Owner Died 137 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,484 35
- Accountant let me down 656 6
- Client right to working papers 1,438 10
- Growth Street 189 2
- Client has two UTRS, How do you get HMRC to correct this? 262 9
- Microsoft One Drive 630 23
- SA302's - What's the deal? 512 8
- Online Back Up 295 7
- Filing a company valuation with HMRC 135 1
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage Brokering 147 1
- Vat application refused 237 1
- NHS finance professionals 633
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 401
- Foreign Pension Contribution 369
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 345
- vat gross profit percentage margins 344
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 322
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 301
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 291
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 250
- IFA income recognition & reporting 209