Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- Growing pains 349 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 226 14
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 538 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 38 1
- Consequential loss claim 102 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 182 5
- Vat threshold issues 58 1
- ATT Annual Return Problems 112 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 98 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 326 5
- private to company car? 168 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 944 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 576 10
- Buy to let allowable interest 131 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 211 1
- Partner with an IVA 162 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 580 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 413 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 299 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 229 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 455
- CTA study material 415
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 300
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 280
- Pre incorp expenses 271
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 240
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 231
- Slight twist on employment related securities 207
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 180
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 176