Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 533 4
- Wrong career 89 5
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,847 28
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 177 5
- Newsletter 235 5
- RTI Filing 1,754 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 87 1
- Fee's for P11D's 298 5
- Agent with HMRC 238 10
- Quarterly PAYE 233 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 50 1
- reporting salary? 172 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 324 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 273 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 103 3
- Value pricing 589 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 391 1
- Childcare Vouchers 175 3
- Audit Report Query 189 5
- Coming in from the cold 227 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 771
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 524
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 393
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 276
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 218
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 217
- Director Loan account operation 208
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 205
- Free Tax Legislation? 182
- vat return 171