Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- Merging 425 11
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 39 1
- VAT overcharged to customers 376 6
- Merger of Two companies 350 13
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 131 4
- Entrepreneurs Relief 82 1
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 157 4
- CIC Dividend Cap 294 10
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 174 4
- IHT dilemma 967 16
- Why should I retain membership? 3,416 55
- Merger of Two companies 447 16
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 901 21
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 257 8
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 666 20
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 201 4
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 1,807 24
- New business - journal entries 564 24
- IFA incorporation problems 304 4
- Coding Notice 335 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 967
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 740
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 427
- Excuses, excuses!!! 321
- Digita Hosted Software 239
- Social investment tax relief 236
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 234
- Call Centre Data Costs 224
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 206
- Travel costs and contractors 202