Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- first year company tax return for a limited company 114 4
- Real names 1,227 37
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 386 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 86 1
- Expenses Apps 146 2
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 158 4
- Quick Easy Quote 229 4
- What are options for non CA firm 1,781 29
- Solicitor accounts 36 1
- Unallocated client money 221 7
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 171 2
- change of office address 107 4
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 216 3
- Incorporation Relief 111 4
- Letting income or partnership income? 87 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 353 4
- Furniture Rental Business 94 2
- Client Death 548 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 194 4
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 353 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 602
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 476
- Sorry ignore me 377
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 278
- Cancelled 241
- Cancelled 211
- Bartercard 171
- C79 Discrepancy 166
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 159