Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 70 3
- Matching of tax return to P60 55 1
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,018 20
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,199 53
- Related Parties Note 125 3
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 768 22
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 194 7
- what time is it ? 316 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 90 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 435 24
- VAT on disbursement 169 2
- tax credits 218 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,048 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 91 1
- LLP - Member leaving 202 6
- Year end 270 3
- Foreign income for self employed 177 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 318 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 333 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,155 14
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 919
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 531
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 338
- How to format a stock book 326
- Tax efficient holding company structure 261
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 251
- Investment property company accounts template 235
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 199
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 188
- Charge out rates in London? 160