Closing down a limited company
My client has asked me to close down their limited company, this is not something that I have been involved with before.
Their accounts period ended at the end of Jan-11 and they ceased trading during this period. However, they still continue to have some business insurance payments and loan repayments going through their bank account. In addition to this I have found that, due to errors in calculations, they owe a small amount of VAT.
I am unsure for what period I prepare these accounts. Do I prepare the accounts to Jan-11, writing off assets to zero as they can't continue to be depreciated. Would I then need to submit a new set of accounts for the period to date, where they will empty their bank account, repay their loan/VAT/my fees?
Also, can the company be closed down if the directors loan account is a debit balance?
Many thanks for any advice!
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 295 9
- Non VAT invoices 168 4
- Time to ditch Sage? 178 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 256 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 166 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,373 32
- Fees 193 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 246 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 210 2
- Form 17 Download 127 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 545 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 375 4
- HMRC Information notice 988 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 274 3
- Accountant Specialization. 381 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,754 42
- Sage Line 50 174 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 195 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 458 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 405 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 759
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 364
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 205
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 184
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178