I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- Charities and VAT 83 7
- Company dividends 805 32
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 34 1
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 140 7
- Interest Relief 128 4
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,417 52
- VAT Margin Schemes 112 2
- White van man 968 29
- VAT on Vocational Training Courses supplied to a Charity Org? 150 2
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 443 14
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 739 27
- how much to charge 177 5
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 817 22
- Virus Alert - VERY realistic aimed at acountants 304 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 223 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 94 3
- How to value a business asset? 202 5
- FHL Expenses 86 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 97 2
- Do I pay VAT back to employer for my training?? 222 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 896
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 591
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 562
- Latest phishing scam 511
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 367
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 335
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 269
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 190
- Capital allowances in first basis period 171
- Sabbatical payments 167