I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- What do your junior staff do? 423 4
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 562 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 309 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 485 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 99 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,874 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 250 3
- Payments on account 90 1
- On the high seas 83 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 128 2
- RTI Payroll ID 975 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 848 34
- Payroll question 122 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,838 106
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 256 5
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 208 3
- Overlap profit 240 4
- Goodwill On Incorporation 152 1
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 185 13
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 342 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 840
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 439
- Sanzar 336
- How do you do it 330
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 285
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 202
- Fit for purpose 195
- new investor structure 194
- VAT Registration 175