I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 77 3
- OBK 389 16
- Flat Rate Scheme - Joining date 60 1
- Auto-Enrolment 3,643 175
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,721 26
- Sage error message 128 2
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 68 1
- Partially exempt? 142 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 468 5
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 134 3
- Mileage claim 212 9
- Proof of Delivery 230 8
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 89 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 522 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 335 8
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 228 9
- Property expense - legal fees 153 3
- Research expenses for authors 277 6
- Investor exit 83 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 132 3
- Skandia using wrong address 460
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 268
- Employee rewards 247
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 246
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 205
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 200
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 187
- Etax Australian 160
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 148