I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- property capital gains 153 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 142 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,160 13
- Tips on meals 180 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 516 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 162 3
- Personal Tax 731 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 183 2
- Stumped - IHT 144 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 410 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 473 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,283 33
- Credit management tools 147 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 406 7
- CGT and primary residence 181 1
- Marriage Allowance 282 3
- S455 and February year ends 335 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 891 18
- Closing down loss-making company 461 5