I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- Missing tax return 305 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 250 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 101 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,037 30
- Inflation and fees 1,354 24
- Sage Priority Support 164 3
- incorrect old p60 294 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 175 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 821 24
- Micro-entity accounts 182 1
- Related party disclosure 193 3
- Company reconstruction 126 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 226 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 137 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 161 1
- Advice please! 406 2
- VAT on new builds 179 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 139 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 381 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,981 28