I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- Missing accountant! 1,328 6
- ACCA qualified but not enough 1,004 18
- Abortive legal fees deductible on sale? 46 1
- Sage Import Data 137 3
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 60 1
- Australian dividend 66 1
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 455 9
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 80 3
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 121 4
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 550 13
- updating shareholdings on companies house 62 1
- Spanish Tax Return 194 6
- Dividend Vouchers 206 3
- National Insurance. 245 2
- Signing Accounts for Mortgage Reference 118 1
- Directors and unemployment benefit 298 13
- Personal Contract Purchase 302 2
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 609 7
- new capital structure ltd with investors 262 3
- Have I made a mistake... 768 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 417
- CTA study material 380
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 279
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 258
- Pre incorp expenses 231
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 210
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 202
- Slight twist on employment related securities 187
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 134
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 128