I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- dfgd fget 13 1
- More AE! 184 6
- New business - journal entries 598 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 199 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 28 1
- aia 94 1
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 157 2
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 245 3
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 435 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 449 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 222 5
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 209 2
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 240 7
- vat help for catering concession 108 1
- Merger of Two companies 542 20
- RTI and Directors' salaries 113 1
- Merging 506 12
- Excuses, excuses!!! 418 1
- Travel costs and contractors 227 1
- Why should I retain membership? 3,523 56
- Auto enrolment excuses 985
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 742
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 431
- Digita Hosted Software 248
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 244
- Social investment tax relief 242
- Call Centre Data Costs 227
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 181
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 145
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 135