I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- Dividend payment date 1,869 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,689 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 115 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 126 5
- Director hired as an individual 65 2
- Real names 522 20
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 92 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,278 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 83 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 194 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 178 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 114 1
- Who owns the data 218 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 154 5
- Sole Trader Fees 119 1
- Loan interest rental property 193 5
- Theatre as charitable company 47 1
- Peer to Peer lending 137 5
- What's the plural? 671 14
- Well well well 256 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 569
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 432
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 333
- IFA incorporation 311
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 299
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 295
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 250
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 238
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 230
- Sorry ignore me 224