I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- First RTI P45 96 1
- Company Takeover Accounting policies 17 1
- EC VAT registration - place of supply 77 2
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 110 1
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 147 2
- Gross sales to purchases 131 1
- I know ... 1,235 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 688 18
- Tax on principal private residence 227 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 231 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 256 2
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 237 4
- Personal pension contributions 254 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 324 4
- RTI Filing 952 20
- Staff entertaining or not? 266 3
- Sole Trader Start Up- Employment Help 401 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 216 4
- IR35 and working for an EU company 134 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 459 21
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 703
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 471
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 309
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 280
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 247
- growth voucher supplier 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 189
- VAT on Gaming Machines 171
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 159
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 156