I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- Where to advertise for staff 49 2
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 130 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 687 29
- HMRC Tax debt 79 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 310 8
- Business Bank account 117 4
- Rights of Alphabet shares 183 5
- Telephone call from "Xero" 159 3
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 149 3
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 357 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 194 4
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 117 2
- P9D or P11D 886 8
- P35 and Service Company questions 232 6
- Purchase of ltd company 99 3
- Repairs or Improvement? 114 2
- Share Capital 164 3
- Administrative restoration 165 4
- Limited company 76 2
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 182 3
- Xtuple 557
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 325
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 309
- CIS schemes 230
- Domain name sale and limited company 207
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 194
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 185