I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 165 2
- A trust shall not want for a trustee 31 1
- Settlement discount 202 5
- IT advisory questions? 303 8
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,559 21
- experian and credit agencies 78 1
- Homing sandwiches 565 13
- Limited company to community interest company 53 1
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 466 10
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 210 5
- Error in audited accounts 234 3
- CIS software 133 3
- Pratice Management Software 213 3
- Use of home query 198 2
- signature required 599 22
- Vat registration exception 217 3
- CT600 163 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 224 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 535 9
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 190 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,263
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 836
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 530
- Digita Hosted Software 347
- Credit where credit's due....... 323
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 249
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 206
- TheTax Donut 191
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 169
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 167