I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- Taking over from an on-line accounting firm. Any ideas? 938 18
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 84 2
- Accountants website 360 5
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 214 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 672 29
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 161 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 446 8
- VAT on employee loan 273 4
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 77 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 107 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 353 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,404 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 216 5
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 166 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 215 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 197 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 714 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 150 1
- Purchased Goodwill 151 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 91 2
- New Fangled Penalties 1,080
- Moving away from CCH software 934
- QROP pension input amounts 426
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 371
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 343
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 310
- fraud 268
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 239
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 212
- Construction CIS LLP Company 190