I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- dividend proposals 34 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 204 2
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 68 1
- transitioning payroll 183 5
- Deduction from Salary 262 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 157 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,674 60
- Dividend dates 532 9
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 62 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 420 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 151 2
- 12 Pay Problems 236 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 222 3
- Sole properietor 101 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 85 1
- Redudancy 63 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 473 13
- VAT - Recharge 84 2
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 347 4
- Legal title not in the company name 220 9
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 362
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 308
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 278
- Probiz 270
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 226
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 226
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 171