I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- OneNote is fantastic 136 3
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,101 21
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 52 1
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 308 5
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 219 2
- PPR on a development? 222 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 322 7
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 889 19
- Private Residence Relief 1,786 15
- Cloud accounting package 181 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 1,021 39
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 510 15
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 303 6
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 195 3
- Next Move 399 12
- Ltd Co and 'grant' income 414 7
- when to file SA return if closed SA in the middle of the year 231 4
- Large PAYE tax refund to Employee 349 3
- Personal Tax Accounts. Are we all doomed. 726 10
- Accounts treatment of assets at cessation date 304 10
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 637
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 395
- Property letting & CAs 381
- 2015 tax year end 375
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 373
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 240
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 229
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 223