I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- Companies house strike off 53 2
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 74 2
- Moving to the cloud 614 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 148 2
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 76 1
- How much to charge for payroll? 730 16
- When do we qualify for state pension? 161 2
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 132 4
- BTC vs Digita 979 29
- Seeking a tax case 267 8
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 295 4
- See you all on the other side 244 5
- VATABLE Income 292 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 240 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 269 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 494 6
- P11D software 110 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 534 9
- VAT - business splitting 236 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 587 16
- HMRC Joint Filing 524
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 393
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 353
- IRIS and FRS 102 326
- Capitalising Finance Lease 293
- USA help 286
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 247
- Capital gains on rental property 228
- Sage Coretime 217
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 214