I've just been copied in from my client a letter from the local office telling her that they are going to change her tax code to include her dividend income, UNLESS she contacts them to say she doesn't want it.
Firstly they didn't bother writing to me, her authorised agent.
Secondly her income last year was PAYE 5k, benefits in kind 2k and Dividends 67k Gross.
How are they going to code out 15k of tax from a 5k salary?
I think the assumption stinks, surely only people with minimal dividends income would ever want the tax coded out, and I think the lack of courtesy in not bothering to inform me is even worse.
Rant over, letter of complaint on the way to the area director.
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 50 2
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 31 2
- Standard 'email' template system 366 7
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 141 1
- I had a baby! Small practice recruitment - where would you look? 570 7
- Travel expenses 438 16
- Any Scottish members out there? 4,474 142
- Reclaim vat on invoice 175 3
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,115 29
- Shadow director or alternative? 265 3
- Computerised Accountancy Software 282 1
- FRS VAT bad debt relief? 496 13
- Bankruptcy 431 10
- P11d Van - no private use 441 12
- Expanding To UK From USA 152 2
- How do I account for trees?! 294 1
- Foreign Dividends - tax repayment claim 504 17
- German VAT charged by US Supplier 241 5
- Abbreviated Accounts 354 4
- Accountancy fee tax return 586 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 990
- Employment related securities question 504
- Looking for a qualified accountant 329
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 309
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 277
- National Insurance 214
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 205
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 195
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 191
- Payments on account coded out?? 151