Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- Would this save hours of your time? 198 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 69 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 164 2
- Underpaid National Insurance 78 1
- Career Advice 132 2
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 42 1
- Wrong career 193 8
- Other forums 90 1
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 208 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 97 3
- Agent with HMRC 265 11
- Quarterly PAYE 269 8
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,882 29
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 182 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 565 4
- Newsletter 246 5
- RTI Filing 1,767 22
- Fee's for P11D's 321 5
- reporting salary? 188 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 332 16
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 774
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 528
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 394
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 280
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 221
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 218
- Director Loan account operation 215
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 208
- Free Tax Legislation? 202
- vat return 179