Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- Giving a seminar 234 14
- Website - Should I upgrade? 120 3
- which software to use? 163 2
- jury service 201 6
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 148 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 204 7
- Checking a contract 100 3
- Pattern for CTA 70 1
- VAT on garage rent 244 12
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 140 5
- Related Parties Note 971 12
- Tasks for new trainees 294 7
- Discretionary trust reporting 139 3
- 10 year debentures and CT 89 3
- General legal fees 63 1
- Capital gain or not? 247 4
- Are HMRC getting it right? 504 11
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 169 3
- Foreign Tax 59 1
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 351 13
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,115
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 583
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 387
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 294
- Interest on Loan to a Company 195
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 178
- Agent fees to sell business 170
- Alphabet shares 166
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 159
- Residency 91 day rule 149