Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- Accountants' Error 686 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 141 3
- Scoot 174 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 146 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 193 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 660 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,447 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 105 1
- Regaining my qualification 194 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 234 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 222 2
- Auto enrolment 190 3
- Shareholder agreement 170 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 194 3
- Company Reorganisation 162 3
- Employee Loan 205 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 464 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 588 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 145 1
- Wear and tear allowance 463 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,449
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 760
- Any views 694
- HMRC Employers Diary 521
- International interest certificate 423
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 387
- Sale of business 353
- NOVA 259
- Advertising services? 252
- IRIS Open Books problem 242