Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 317 17
- Pricing 151 6
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 46 1
- Money laundering POCA 183 4
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 51 1
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 77 1
- Auto-Enrolment 2,978 157
- P11d mistake 97 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 174 2
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 460 1
- CLG exempt under s60 124 2
- Improvement expenses allowable against rental income 144 4
- Alternative to CIS 415 9
- Can I become a self employed bookkeeper?? 374 4
- Supplier 1,265 13
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 146 2
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 961 22
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,019 7
- Mutual trading organisation 127 2
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 529 9
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 499
- Skandia using wrong address 443
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 239
- Employee rewards 233
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 208
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 184
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 181
- Etax Australian 149