Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- Help 162 10
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 90 2
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 218 9
- Where has Portia gone? 5,048 109
- Overlap profit 294 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 319 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,064 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 132 1
- Payments on account 187 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 83 1
- What do your junior staff do? 524 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 654 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 415 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 537 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 132 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,942 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 354 3
- On the high seas 115 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 149 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 859 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 853
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 445
- Sanzar 342
- How do you do it 337
- Digital marketing focus group 313
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 296
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 210
- Fit for purpose 203
- new investor structure 200
- VAT Registration 181