Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- PRR 216 12
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 186 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,088 55
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 150 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 77 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,461 424
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 259 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 286 4
- corp tax software 343 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 437 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 460 7
- Which tax box 182 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 108 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 228 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 204 6
- References for clients 197 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 145 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 113 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 315 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 142 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,296
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 462
- National Insurance 359
- Non Resident 277
- Franchise income and costs 254
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 168
- Employer's Helpline 158
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 140