Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- B2B vat in the EU 131 3
- Why should I retain membership? 2,710 47
- Coding Notice 148 4
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 130 3
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 112 2
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 434 7
- Vat 275 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,273 13
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 338 7
- Recharge for private use of a company car 185 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 154 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,486 18
- CT/CIS offset 140 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 187 4
- Trade name 189 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 140 1
- New business - journal entries 320 20
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 317 18
- VAT on deposits 210 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 141 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 812
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 710
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 390
- Social investment tax relief 209
- Digita Hosted Software 203
- Call Centre Data Costs 193
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 162
- Travel costs and contractors 156
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 148
- Certificates of tax deposit 140