Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- to VAT or not to VAT 45 2
- Unclaimed customer balance 70 3
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,791 46
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 312 3
- What's the plural? 521 11
- Self Employed travel 300 7
- Accounting Crew 603 13
- Company Secretarial Software 1,240 26
- Resigning as only director 1,047 10
- Loan interest rental property 110 3
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 208 1
- Payroll charges when raw data not reliable 540 7
- Mathematical conundrum on loan repayments 467 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 190 10
- Opinions and advice needed 151 3
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 72 1
- Complete business outside UK 69 1
- Builder - Roll over relief 337 15
- Goodwill receipt 315 7
- Sage training course 282 8
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 565
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 421
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 321
- IFA incorporation 291
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 286
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 276
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 243
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 230
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 213
- Cancelled 168