Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- ACCA practice certificates 45 1
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 182 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,080 32
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 159 2
- What would you do in this situation? 680 14
- Dress code 504 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 519 16
- Project being run jointly 212 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 318 4
- Companies House 615 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 373 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 738 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,451 25
- Help Required 431 10
- directors control and tax problems 325 5
- Fastest Software 812 13
- What's in a name ? 416 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 328 4
- Bulk Invoicing 199 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 196 3
- CTA study material 717
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 441
- Employment related securities question 276
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 265
- AIM Stocks and IHT 254
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 234
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 219
- Expat pension contributions? 208
- Trust for Employee 205
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 187