Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 436 6
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 59 2
- Loan notes payment of principal and interest 32 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 182 2
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 200 5
- are receipts needed? 204 7
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 455 27
- Sage 50 175 2
- New accountant 199 5
- sole trader - operating under cis 219 7
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,949 65
- Tax case refeence request 103 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 784 28
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 225 4
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,906 29
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 241 5
- Working out a daily rate 171 5
- Auto enrolment 1,245 13
- Payroll dates 139 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 284 8
- Skandia using wrong address 1,575
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 872
- International interest certificate 482
- NOVA 338
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 259
- Management expenses for investment company 230
- Bonus Bonds 229
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 225
- Help with tax codes on Sage 172
- Capital reduction 164