Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 167 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 207 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,232 35
- Mortgage Reference 552 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 259 7
- Insovent companies 885 19
- New Build 217 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,297 48
- BrightPay quirks 233 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 808 20
- Website Content 186 1
- Personal Tax 633 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 202 1
- USA Tax Query 316 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 441 5
- last minute request 656 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 369 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 403 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,743 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6