Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- Scratch Head 302 1
- Year end 232 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 308 13
- A little knowledge 174 4
- Clothing 609 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 137 6
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,268 18
- Parent and subsidiary... 169 5
- Identity check problem 1,499 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 144 1
- Capital allowances on Software 227 2
- Designated sole Residence 206 4
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 109 3
- Company director and KIT days 124 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,186 50
- Anybody still doing returns? 872 34
- Digita in the cloud 78 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 243 7
- IHT and US resident 126 2
- Tax relief when working away 90 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 957
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 683
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 630
- Latest phishing scam 607
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 445
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 330
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 261
- Sabbatical payments 221
- Negligible Value Claim 200
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 199