Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- Lease 47 1
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 163 5
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 114 4
- Digita Hosted Software 369 2
- VAT Office Grimsby 95 2
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 356 8
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 84 2
- Thin Client recomendation 159 2
- format cell to exclude decimals 277 15
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 109 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,256 15
- Homing sandwiches 827 19
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 238 2
- SUSPECTED OR INVALID BENEFIT FRAUD 212 2
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 93 2
- IT advisory questions? 407 11
- Direct debit entry query 152 4
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 801 12
- Can you help me spot errors? 225 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,204 18
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,295
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 846
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 537
- Credit where credit's due....... 329
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 251
- TheTax Donut 216
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 179
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 164
- Director's business mileage 141
- Sole trader CPD 137