Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,733 18
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 57 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 263 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 210 6
- Late Registration for VAT 90 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 978 25
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 947 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,132 12
- property development 257 8
- Registering a company late 161 5
- Goodwill complications 55 1
- Business rates consultancy 98 2
- sale of house 627 18
- Corporation tax penalty 1,502 9
- Part Disposal of Freehold 323 13
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,807 15
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 358 6
- Are HMRC staff on early 372 5
- Backdated VAT registration claim 132 2
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 376 7
- TheTax Donut 992
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 655
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 611
- Follower cases 473
- Limited company purchase of property 398
- Hive up 394
- corporate hierarchy 372
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 368
- LIVE chat, starting now 301
- AIA or IFA 200