Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 153 6
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,042 29
- Classic cars investment 141 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 229 3
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 412 7
- Cater Allen Commission 116 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 211 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 703 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 92 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 61 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 65 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 116 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 489 13
- Sage at it again? 358 5
- BrightPay 509 13
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 193 5
- Is this a scam? 1,586 27
- S455 457 21
- client issues 328 4
- Capital Gain? 363 9
- Benchmarking 466
- Possible Partnership? 415
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 401
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 387
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 331
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 195
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 176
- Income tax on foreign dividends 172
- Clubs and Taxable Income 169
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 165