Companies House arrogance - part 2!
So, as per my previous message in which I told you how I had two sets of accounts due to be field on 31/12/10, which I posted separately around 12/12/2010 and which were not showing as received on their website just before Christmas.
Their website clearly stated that the bad weather conditions were not an excuse for late filing and we had better make other arrangements if they were due by 31/12/10.
Being a cautious type, I filed both sets electronically on 29/12/10. This is a time consuming procedure at present and something I could have done without.
TODAY, I received a letter from CH rejecting one of the paper sets of accounts - I knew this would happen, so not unexpected, but I am surprised at the speed of the response. According to their letter, they received these paper accounts on 22/12/10. So why were they not showing on their website on 29/12?? I do appreciate that Christmas was in the middle, but that is still 4 working days before I filed electronically.
So when I phoned them on 29/12/10 to ask what was happening with the post, the arrogant twit who told me "you should ask Royal Mail that question, we have no control over the post" was talking a load of rubbish. They had a backlog of post in their post room.
Anyway, they have made themselves extra work as they will have to reject the other paper set I submitted to.
A little cooperation from them could have saved everyone some time.
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 53 1
- Entrepeneurs relief 88 5
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 86 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,228 14
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 117 1
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 405 9
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,089 16
- Scottish Independance 606 16
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 94 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 239 4
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 414 6
- WC's and capital allowances 79 1
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 234 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 852 10
- carry back of gift aid 121 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 132 3
- Dress code 1,338 29
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 391 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 723 19
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 343 8
- CTA study material 752
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 466
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 354
- Employment related securities question 300
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 242
- Trust for Employee 228
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 142
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140