Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 143 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,069 32
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 150 2
- What would you do in this situation? 663 14
- Dress code 479 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 509 16
- Project being run jointly 205 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 314 4
- Companies House 611 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 367 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 735 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,448 25
- Help Required 425 10
- directors control and tax problems 304 5
- Fastest Software 807 13
- What's in a name ? 401 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 313 4
- Bulk Invoicing 193 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 186 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 265 2
- CTA study material 715
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 438
- Employment related securities question 275
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 252
- AIM Stocks and IHT 252
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 226
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 214
- Expat pension contributions? 201
- Trust for Employee 198
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 178