Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 51 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 406 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 137 2
- 12 Pay Problems 216 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 205 3
- Deduction from Salary 242 7
- Sole properietor 66 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 77 1
- Redudancy 39 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 468 13
- VAT - Recharge 81 2
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 346 4
- transitioning payroll 171 4
- Legal title not in the company name 200 9
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,617 59
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 162 3
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,752 30
- Car financed by employee 192 2
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 138 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 625 16
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 361
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 306
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 278
- Probiz 269
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 226
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 201
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 171