Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- Sage payroll alternatives 597 12
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 424 7
- More AE! 635 14
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 38 1
- Should I move back home away from my office? 317 6
- IT advisory questions? 81 4
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 71 4
- Entrepreneurs Relief 743 41
- PAYE 1,550 17
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 467 6
- Scanners 74 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 1,085 16
- Relevance of UK Residency 108 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 107 3
- Invoice dispute 582 5
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 255 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 420 9
- Property inheritance by overseas resident 95 1
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 128 1
- IHT dilemma 1,336 20
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,138
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 790
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 476
- Digita Hosted Software 313
- Credit where credit's due....... 253
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 218
- Director phone costs 217
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 186
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 160
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 147