Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- VAT on finance leases 72 1
- Friendly Pensions 195 1
- Online Timesheet Facility 52 1
- Problem ex client...again.. 1,565 15
- Company Reorganisation 295 4
- CONVERSAION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 161 5
- CGT on second home? 248 4
- Interflora florist 178 2
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 932 27
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 217 8
- Double tax agreement - do you show income on UK return even if the DTA says it is taxed in the other country? 138 2
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 383 10
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 246 3
- More HMRC on gov.uk 422 8
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 374 5
- Completing RP1 form in re Redundancy /Insolvency 248 8
- VAT in Sage 176 3
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 495 10
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 287 4
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,341 23
- NOVA 495
- Bonus Bonds 384
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 365
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 280
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 246
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 168
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 152
- Finance Lease 147
- Company Car Lease 146
- Form 42 132