Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 232 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 105 2
- Non VAT invoices 104 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 240 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 92 1
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,347 32
- Fees 114 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 233 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 173 2
- Form 17 Download 92 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 533 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 366 4
- HMRC Information notice 982 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 264 3
- Accountant Specialization. 369 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,744 42
- Sage Line 50 168 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 174 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 442 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 388 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 751
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 410
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 297
- S222 Charge 243
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 202
- IP trans to holding company 192
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 180
- AIA 175
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 173