Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 812 5
- See you all on the other side 815 6
- 12Pay 587 2
- dividends 800 2
- R&D 377 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,247 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 496 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 497 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 462 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 595 5
- Seeking a tax case 715 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 579 4
- Companies house strike off 698 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 520 2
- Moving to the cloud 797 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 237 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 959 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 238 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,136 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 552 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 585
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 436
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 384
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 377
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- Marginal rates of tax 368
- Class 2 NI 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 350
- USA help 332
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 317