Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- Closing my business down 70 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 839 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 272 6
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 266 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 191 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 97 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 586 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,240 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,466 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 188 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 102 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 288 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 87 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,092 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 411 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 151 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 220 3
- FPS or EPS 169 2
- Continuity of Practice 219 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 144 2
- Moving away from CCH software 953
- QROP pension input amounts 440
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 382
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 357
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 325
- fraud 284
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 259
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 228
- Construction CIS LLP Company 212
- EPS and CIS deductions 200