Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- True Potential AE 249 2
- Closing down loss-making company 498 6
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 62 2
- CGT and primary residence 218 2
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 285 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,227 14
- VAT disaggregation 283 4
- Giving shares away 437 8
- Non-IR35 contractors and travel, since Autumn Statement 224 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 563 11
- property capital gains 249 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 240 1
- Tips on meals 267 2
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 224 3
- Personal Tax 784 13
- Stumped - IHT 242 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 433 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 503 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,311 33
- Credit management tools 177 1