Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 342 9
- HELP...historic SSP query! 78 3
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 722 19
- US share sale - income or capital 53 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,355 12
- flat rate scheme 888 30
- Allocation of income from property 318 8
- Capital allowances on residential property? 128 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 224 2
- Before I call employers helpline 327 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 165 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 300 1
- CIS online 183 3
- Class IV NIC 243 3
- bookkeeping system 246 4
- Company van paid by director 144 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,592 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 263 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 180 3
- Private company division 153 1