Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- The stupidity continues 733 40
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 249 4
- transactions after account have been closed 205 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 195 5
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 537 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 233 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 138 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,341 25
- New Employers Helpline 211 4
- Software recommendations 279 1
- Share transfer question 390 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 338 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 191 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,466 19
- Overlap relief 761 19
- What is IRIS World like? 371 8
- Pension contributions 385 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 514 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 221 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 292 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 436
- WIP Software 301
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 236
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 233
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 210
- Is there anything wrong with this? 206
- Small Part Disposal of Property 191
- Uncommercial property business 183