Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,051 29
- directors loan 262 8
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 378 14
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 820 27
- Director registration for SA question 269 11
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 220 3
- New Company reviews please 461 12
- Business only use of company car 606 23
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 339 4
- CIS not deducted 309 5
- Car Capital Contribution 183 2
- cgt quoted shares losses 208 1
- LLP and corporate members - timing differences impact on corp tax 92 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 209 3
- Money Laundering Manual 257 10
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 356 8
- VAT with Russia 137 1
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 216 2
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,158 9
- CGT on Let Property 241 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 284
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 236
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 235
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 210
- Any thoughts on Capium? 202
- Expenses Software 189
- auto enrolment 178
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- How to account for investment in JV? 147
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 146