Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- do i pay vat when buying a business 386 22
- Loss Relief 189 3
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 272 5
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 621 19
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 48 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 266 3
- Professional Clearance 423 14
- Property Expenses - Allowable 299 4
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,284 35
- SA302's anyone?? 209 6
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,164 13
- VAT errors 132 3
- Introduction of Goodwill 845 15
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 191 5
- VAT & Landlords 267 7
- are receipts needed? 448 13
- Capital reduction 205 1
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 309 1
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 148 4
- CIC accounts submission 184 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,598
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 887
- International interest certificate 496
- NOVA 356
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 264
- Bonus Bonds 248
- Management expenses for investment company 247
- Help with tax codes on Sage 192
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 158
- Clogged Losses 152