Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,539 32
- Company Structure 371 9
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 279 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 550 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 504 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 115 3
- Time recording 182 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 259 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 164 2
- Land Registry 273 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 968 13
- Auto Enrolment 674 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 810 19
- Company Number 10000000 431 4
- Advertising Tips? 350 7
- IR35 369 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 437 12
- Revenue phishing examples 287 1
- iris update 11.9.2 247 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 736
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 435
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 370
- Directors' advances and credits 287
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 235
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 211
- CGT for NOn UK residents 196