Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- corp tax software 257 3
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 152 2
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 85 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 532 24
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,312 420
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 954 48
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 324 16
- Is this fraud? 527 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 74 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 269 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 66 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 155 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 148 1
- Naming new company 310 6
- Saying goodbye 546 14
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 198 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 652 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 398 12
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 94 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 796 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,284
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 457
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 265
- Franchise income and costs 244
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 157
- Employer's Helpline 153
- employment capital allowances 143