Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- client threatening legal action 1,765 24
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 653 8
- Partially exempt? 233 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 78 1
- First VAT Visit for client 199 4
- Dividend in specie 220 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 152 8
- Lorry Drivers 129 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 50 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 74 1
- Mexican student in UK 111 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 189 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 288 12
- payroll software 92 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,044 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 86 1
- Pricing 327 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 244 5
- VAT 115 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 848 18
- Skandia using wrong address 479
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 275
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 271
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 218
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 210
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 202
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 157