Companies House refuses incorrect data so why does it give OUT incorrect data?
I wrote to Companies House (CH) a week ago, via their website, thus giving them the opportunity to address the issue I will be raising below. Since they have seen fit not to reply, I throw open my question to my colleagues and the World Wide Web.
On the CH website, if one selects the WebCheck service, one is greeted with the statement that:
"The WebCHeck service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week".
However, type in a company name and go that company's details, or any company come to that, one is then greeted with a different message. One that states:
"The WebCHeck service is available from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 12 Midnight UK Time".
Whilst, to the majority, this conflict of information may appear to be minor, as well as irrelevant, one has to set that against a background that makes CH the police of company information. Wrong information going to CH can result in severe fines, so shouldn't they apply the same standards to their own output?
Anybody else have similar gripes with this or other business related government bodies?
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 144 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 184 4
- Are HMRC staff on early 444 6
- Start up allowance? 80 4
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 186 9
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 224 3
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 47 2
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 813 13
- Late Registration for VAT 266 9
- Reverse charge and EC sales list 88 2
- AIA or IFA 271 2
- CGT and Expenses on Property Rental Business 58 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,165 33
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 196 6
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,337 19
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 79 1
- How much of your work is admin? 551 4
- Goodwill complications 219 3
- Registering a company late 399 13
- Claiming pre-letting mortgage costs on first rental property 119 1
- TheTax Donut 1,031
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 683
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 626
- Follower cases 491
- Limited company purchase of property 424
- Hive up 420
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 387
- corporate hierarchy 384
- LIVE chat, starting now 336
- Advice - 192