I have always had a lot of time for Companies House, they are polite, efficient and helpful.
However, I don't know who thought up their new Annual Return reminders, but they need shooting!
I received one today, issued 14th May, for a made up date 19th May, due by 16th June, emblazoned "URGENT ACTION REQUIRED"
Great, braced for panicky phone calls from clients, why is this late, you're supposed to deal with this for me, blah, blah, blah... ... you know the type of call!
Really could do with out this sort of thing, ffs, it is bad enough fighting fires caused by HMRC without this lot starting new ones, I'm running out of fire engines (or appliances if you are being pedantic)!!
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 129 2
- Company formation and bank account 64 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,426 41
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 367 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 336 8
- OneNote is fantastic 378 11
- VAT Direct Debit 317 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 390 8
- Self Assessment Software 658 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 417 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,330 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 177 11
- Owning overseas property 183 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 290 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 268 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 674 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,134 21
- PPR on a development? 236 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 395 7
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 930 19
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 643
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 398
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- Property letting & CAs 382
- 2015 tax year end 378
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 377
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 231
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 229
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 227