Company Cars - Should the Limited Company buy the car or Should I buy it personally?
Looking at buying a car - price £22,000 (including VAT). I have a VAT registered limited company and I understand that if I buy the car through the company I can claim the c£3,276 VAT back. As an employee of the company my total income is less than £6,000 so pay little income Tax & NIC and I'm aware that if the company provides me with the car then I'll have to pay as a benefit in kind but it will work out at less than £1,000 per annum in tax.
The question I need guidance on is that if I do this, do I have to get the car insured through the company i.e. the company holds the insurance or can I just change my personal car insurance whilst stating that the registered owner is the company. Having got quotes there is a significant rise if the company holds the insurance as opposed to me personally but I don't want to fall foul of any HMRC view of this.
Any help would be much appreciated.
- Professional coaching claimable? 47 1
- Sage instant account codes 106 1
- Networking 103 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 263 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 154 1
- Turnover on a tax return 279 8
- incorrect old p60 446 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 300 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,930 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 278 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 246 3
- VAT refund 168 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 252 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 266 3
- Missing tax return 389 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,126 30
- Inflation and fees 1,408 24
- Sage Priority Support 190 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 305 1