Company Cars - Should the Limited Company buy the car or Should I buy it personally?
Looking at buying a car - price £22,000 (including VAT). I have a VAT registered limited company and I understand that if I buy the car through the company I can claim the c£3,276 VAT back. As an employee of the company my total income is less than £6,000 so pay little income Tax & NIC and I'm aware that if the company provides me with the car then I'll have to pay as a benefit in kind but it will work out at less than £1,000 per annum in tax.
The question I need guidance on is that if I do this, do I have to get the car insured through the company i.e. the company holds the insurance or can I just change my personal car insurance whilst stating that the registered owner is the company. Having got quotes there is a significant rise if the company holds the insurance as opposed to me personally but I don't want to fall foul of any HMRC view of this.
Any help would be much appreciated.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 155 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 191 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,226 35
- Mortgage Reference 542 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 247 7
- Insovent companies 883 19
- New Build 204 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,297 48
- BrightPay quirks 217 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 174 1
- Personal Tax 630 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 194 1
- USA Tax Query 310 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 441 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 362 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 397 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6