Company dissolved by Companies House
I've had a few clients who have experienced the 'proposal to strike off' status with CH becuase they've not submitted their annual return, and CH have got tighter with this over the last couple of years.
However, I've now encountered the threat being taken all the way!
New client has a company and was being represented by someone who also had a full time job. He got a shocking deal, no advice, and didn't really appreciate his responsibilities as a director.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the company was set up in Jan 09, the first Gazette was June, and finally dissolved last week, with no documents being filed at CH.
The question I have is, I presume HMRC would have had chance to chase for debts. Now that the company is dissolved, can they pursue anything?
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 50 3
- The stupidity continues 522 21
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 498 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 185 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 100 1
- transactions after account have been closed 126 3
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,324 25
- New Employers Helpline 190 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 197 3
- Software recommendations 260 1
- Share transfer question 370 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 310 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 170 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,421 19
- Overlap relief 753 19
- What is IRIS World like? 358 8
- Pension contributions 372 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 496 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 189 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 273 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 437
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 433
- WIP Software 297
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 290
- No payroll scheme in place 232
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 205
- Is there anything wrong with this? 199
- Small Part Disposal of Property 186
- Uncommercial property business 176