Company dissolved by Companies House
I've had a few clients who have experienced the 'proposal to strike off' status with CH becuase they've not submitted their annual return, and CH have got tighter with this over the last couple of years.
However, I've now encountered the threat being taken all the way!
New client has a company and was being represented by someone who also had a full time job. He got a shocking deal, no advice, and didn't really appreciate his responsibilities as a director.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the company was set up in Jan 09, the first Gazette was June, and finally dissolved last week, with no documents being filed at CH.
The question I have is, I presume HMRC would have had chance to chase for debts. Now that the company is dissolved, can they pursue anything?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 541 21
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 255 2
- P35 and Service Company questions 172 4
- Administrative restoration 96 1
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,612 13
- Bereavment payment 133 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 109 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,143 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 284 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 368 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,304 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 165 2
- Companies House incorporation service 371 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 86 1
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 204 6
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 284 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 151 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 167 3
- Share Capital 145 2
- Trading income or not? 212 1
- Xtuple 550
- Qtac payroll for bureau 377
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 321
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 297
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 192
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 181