Company dissolved by Companies House
I've had a few clients who have experienced the 'proposal to strike off' status with CH becuase they've not submitted their annual return, and CH have got tighter with this over the last couple of years.
However, I've now encountered the threat being taken all the way!
New client has a company and was being represented by someone who also had a full time job. He got a shocking deal, no advice, and didn't really appreciate his responsibilities as a director.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the company was set up in Jan 09, the first Gazette was June, and finally dissolved last week, with no documents being filed at CH.
The question I have is, I presume HMRC would have had chance to chase for debts. Now that the company is dissolved, can they pursue anything?
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,153 13
- Tips on meals 161 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 510 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 145 3
- Personal Tax 723 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 161 2
- Stumped - IHT 126 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 407 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 471 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,280 33
- Credit management tools 131 1
- property capital gains 133 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 391 7
- CGT and primary residence 170 1
- Marriage Allowance 269 3
- S455 and February year ends 324 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 888 18
- Closing down loss-making company 455 5
- S.455 Tax again 287 3