Company dissolved by Companies House
I've had a few clients who have experienced the 'proposal to strike off' status with CH becuase they've not submitted their annual return, and CH have got tighter with this over the last couple of years.
However, I've now encountered the threat being taken all the way!
New client has a company and was being represented by someone who also had a full time job. He got a shocking deal, no advice, and didn't really appreciate his responsibilities as a director.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the company was set up in Jan 09, the first Gazette was June, and finally dissolved last week, with no documents being filed at CH.
The question I have is, I presume HMRC would have had chance to chase for debts. Now that the company is dissolved, can they pursue anything?
- EIS reinvestment relief 36 1
- Knuckle down one week to go! 1,128 23
- Advice on letting a client go ? 232 5
- Receipt bank 57 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 66 3
- Unbelievable!! 188 2
- Urgent question on company accounting period before it become dormant 72 2
- ITTOIA 2005 s629 90 4
- Do we have to register for VAT? 135 4
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,608 88
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 235 3
- Paying 31 January 2015 income tax by instalments 1,324 19
- Paperless practices - do you keep any paper records? 804 24
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 274 4
- Non resident income. 296 15
- Use of home deduction 651 21
- How to pay? 144 6
- Are you qualified and wanting to work flexible hours from home? 144 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 139 3
- White van man 737 25
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 861
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 553
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 521
- Latest phishing scam 417
- Entrepreneurs' relief 385
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 344
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 324
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 308
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 220
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 199