Company dissolved by Companies House
I've had a few clients who have experienced the 'proposal to strike off' status with CH becuase they've not submitted their annual return, and CH have got tighter with this over the last couple of years.
However, I've now encountered the threat being taken all the way!
New client has a company and was being represented by someone who also had a full time job. He got a shocking deal, no advice, and didn't really appreciate his responsibilities as a director.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the company was set up in Jan 09, the first Gazette was June, and finally dissolved last week, with no documents being filed at CH.
The question I have is, I presume HMRC would have had chance to chase for debts. Now that the company is dissolved, can they pursue anything?
- Problems with CT600 filing 360 5
- Residential Management Companies 30 1
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 349 11
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 799 34
- Payroll software for Mac 96 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 75 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 202 5
- CIS and Close Company 186 6
- LLP members share of profits 615 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 414 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 125 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 75 1
- Registered Office 70 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 97 1
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 284 7
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 533 17
- 64-8 on paper or online? 96 2
- Management fees agreement 153 4
- Marginal rate relief not given on loss carry back 79 1
- Business travel apps 333 14
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 931
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 657
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 384
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 329
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 252
- Paye procedures for CVA 241
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 237
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 183
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 179
- Pension Fixed Protection 179