Company dissolved by Companies House
I've had a few clients who have experienced the 'proposal to strike off' status with CH becuase they've not submitted their annual return, and CH have got tighter with this over the last couple of years.
However, I've now encountered the threat being taken all the way!
New client has a company and was being represented by someone who also had a full time job. He got a shocking deal, no advice, and didn't really appreciate his responsibilities as a director.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the company was set up in Jan 09, the first Gazette was June, and finally dissolved last week, with no documents being filed at CH.
The question I have is, I presume HMRC would have had chance to chase for debts. Now that the company is dissolved, can they pursue anything?
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 798 21
- Scottish Independance 844 24
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 26 1
- Funding Circle experience 24 1
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 673 20
- Awkward IP 1,465 16
- New supplier 65 2
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 44 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 205 12
- Audit 355 9
- Buying a horse?? 270 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 203 4
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,100 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 966 11
- What's in a name ? 1,133 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 221 2
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 502 7
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 790 22
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,121 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 145 1
- CTA study material 791
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 487
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 437
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 271
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 210
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154