Company dissolved by Companies House
I've had a few clients who have experienced the 'proposal to strike off' status with CH becuase they've not submitted their annual return, and CH have got tighter with this over the last couple of years.
However, I've now encountered the threat being taken all the way!
New client has a company and was being represented by someone who also had a full time job. He got a shocking deal, no advice, and didn't really appreciate his responsibilities as a director.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the company was set up in Jan 09, the first Gazette was June, and finally dissolved last week, with no documents being filed at CH.
The question I have is, I presume HMRC would have had chance to chase for debts. Now that the company is dissolved, can they pursue anything?
- Sports Sponsorship 190 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 318 7
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 69 2
- Paid too much !! 360 3
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 203 2
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 118 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 239 1
- will this work for IHT 261 2
- Best software for small practice? 665 20
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,758 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 312 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 263 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 513 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 152 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 124 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 131 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 485 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 756 11
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 292 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 218 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 771
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 456
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 263
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 251
- CGT for NOn UK residents 224
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 184
- Just checking re PSA 178