Company dissolved by Companies House
I've had a few clients who have experienced the 'proposal to strike off' status with CH becuase they've not submitted their annual return, and CH have got tighter with this over the last couple of years.
However, I've now encountered the threat being taken all the way!
New client has a company and was being represented by someone who also had a full time job. He got a shocking deal, no advice, and didn't really appreciate his responsibilities as a director.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the company was set up in Jan 09, the first Gazette was June, and finally dissolved last week, with no documents being filed at CH.
The question I have is, I presume HMRC would have had chance to chase for debts. Now that the company is dissolved, can they pursue anything?
- Capital Gain? 404 11
- IHT Query 60 2
- Reversing out RTI 110 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 295 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 844 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 298 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 269 6
- BrightPay 610 18
- Classic cars investment 239 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 217 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 320 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 336 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 270 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 267 2
- H&W company 227 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 197 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 171 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 176 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 808 32
- VAT silly question 2,414 56
- Benchmarking 494
- Possible Partnership? 437
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 412
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 411
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 357
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 212
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 209
- Clubs and Taxable Income 199
- Income tax on foreign dividends 192
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 186