Company dissolved by Companies House
I've had a few clients who have experienced the 'proposal to strike off' status with CH becuase they've not submitted their annual return, and CH have got tighter with this over the last couple of years.
However, I've now encountered the threat being taken all the way!
New client has a company and was being represented by someone who also had a full time job. He got a shocking deal, no advice, and didn't really appreciate his responsibilities as a director.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the company was set up in Jan 09, the first Gazette was June, and finally dissolved last week, with no documents being filed at CH.
The question I have is, I presume HMRC would have had chance to chase for debts. Now that the company is dissolved, can they pursue anything?
- Director Drawings 38 3
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 229 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 187 7
- Help with HMRC investigation 135 3
- HMRC Agents Line 148 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,649 37
- Collection or business assets 71 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 226 8
- Company Director In Prison 391 10
- Tax position re this lease? 357 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 680 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 89 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,635 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 77 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 322 5
- AWeb - download file 127 2
- pension paid by company? 324 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 741 17
- Late annual return 123 1
- Charity work 212 10
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 672
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 502
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 364
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 361
- Probiz 334
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 325
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 242
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 214
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 197