Company sharesave and company pension
On payroll should sharesave and pension payments be deducted from employees salaries before or after applying PAYE? We have conflicting answers from various pension providers. Pension is calculated as a percentage of taxable income, but if you have two employees on the same gross salary and only one has joined the sharesave scheme his pension and of course the company's contribution will be less than the employee who has not joined the sharesave scheme. This cannot be correct, but how else can it be dealt with so that both employees would receive tax relief and the company would contribute the same amount into the pension.
Would appreciate any comments, please.
Thanks Pete Bird.
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,152 13
- Tips on meals 159 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 510 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 143 3
- Personal Tax 723 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 159 2
- Stumped - IHT 123 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 407 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 471 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,280 33
- Credit management tools 127 1
- property capital gains 130 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 389 7
- CGT and primary residence 167 1
- Marriage Allowance 266 3
- S455 and February year ends 322 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 888 18
- Closing down loss-making company 455 5
- S.455 Tax again 287 3