Company sharesave and company pension
On payroll should sharesave and pension payments be deducted from employees salaries before or after applying PAYE? We have conflicting answers from various pension providers. Pension is calculated as a percentage of taxable income, but if you have two employees on the same gross salary and only one has joined the sharesave scheme his pension and of course the company's contribution will be less than the employee who has not joined the sharesave scheme. This cannot be correct, but how else can it be dealt with so that both employees would receive tax relief and the company would contribute the same amount into the pension.
Would appreciate any comments, please.
Thanks Pete Bird.
- Time to react ? ? ? 574 6
- HMRC Postal Delays 45 1
- Landing clients 568 18
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 247 1
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 46 2
- Dividends 77 3
- Closure of PAYE scheme 66 1
- cash the returned VAT cheque 291 3
- Rent a room for half a year, fully let for the other half? 67 1
- Signed accounts for bank 430 9
- Termination Payment 382 14
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 185 6
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 285 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 192 5
- flat rate scheme 2,151 40
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 111 1
- Opening a Quick books file 189 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 540 15
- P11D Benefits - Accountancy fee for Directors personal tax 289 2
- Remote subcontractors - due diligence 261 1