In looking for a new monitor, I visited Curry's and PC World for advice (ha Ha!).
All their monitors were widescreen and I was told this was the only kind available these days. Aimed at the home market. Dell only seem to have widescreen monitors.
But to my mind, a widescreen reduces the vertical visible area and most business applications are oriented this way. i.e. a Word document scrolls up and down more than side to side. So you need a high monitor rather than a wide one.
Therefore you need to buy a much bigger monitor to get the same vertical viewing size.
My first reaction is that the world is wrong and I am right. But have I missed something? Should I be buying a widescreen or what are the options?
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 39 1
- break even point 516 14
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 76 4
- IHT Query 199 4
- How much to charge? 55 1
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 361 9
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 414 2
- BrightPay 674 22
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 227 3
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 429 8
- Abolish the penalty regime 202 4
- Gift or Capital Gain? 372 11
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 374 8
- SDLT on leases 128 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 384 7
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 947 26
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 307 4
- Statutary sick pay 227 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 320 4
- Director Salary 376 2
- Possible Partnership? 457
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 431
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 422
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 223
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 219
- Clubs and Taxable Income 213
- Income tax on foreign dividends 204
- New Fangled Penalties 200
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 200
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 168