In looking for a new monitor, I visited Curry's and PC World for advice (ha Ha!).
All their monitors were widescreen and I was told this was the only kind available these days. Aimed at the home market. Dell only seem to have widescreen monitors.
But to my mind, a widescreen reduces the vertical visible area and most business applications are oriented this way. i.e. a Word document scrolls up and down more than side to side. So you need a high monitor rather than a wide one.
Therefore you need to buy a much bigger monitor to get the same vertical viewing size.
My first reaction is that the world is wrong and I am right. But have I missed something? Should I be buying a widescreen or what are the options?
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 218 6
- Rental property company 159 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 146 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 396 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 411 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 314 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,460 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,178 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 380 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 283 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 276 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 396 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 193 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 214 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 159 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 534 5
- Director's tax return 416 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 198 3
- Flat rate vat 262 2
- Coming in from the cold 419 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 828
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 446
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 297
- Director Loan account operation 282
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 269
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 241
- Paye procedures for CVA 183