In looking for a new monitor, I visited Curry's and PC World for advice (ha Ha!).
All their monitors were widescreen and I was told this was the only kind available these days. Aimed at the home market. Dell only seem to have widescreen monitors.
But to my mind, a widescreen reduces the vertical visible area and most business applications are oriented this way. i.e. a Word document scrolls up and down more than side to side. So you need a high monitor rather than a wide one.
Therefore you need to buy a much bigger monitor to get the same vertical viewing size.
My first reaction is that the world is wrong and I am right. But have I missed something? Should I be buying a widescreen or what are the options?
- Turnover on a tax return 82 6
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 220 3
- VAT refund 89 1
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 195 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 172 1
- incorrect old p60 362 8
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 252 3
- Missing tax return 356 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,088 30
- Inflation and fees 1,389 24
- Sage Priority Support 177 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 833 24
- Micro-entity accounts 249 1
- Related party disclosure 216 3
- Company reconstruction 151 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 240 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 159 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 179 1
- Advice please! 427 2
- VAT on new builds 190 3