In looking for a new monitor, I visited Curry's and PC World for advice (ha Ha!).
All their monitors were widescreen and I was told this was the only kind available these days. Aimed at the home market. Dell only seem to have widescreen monitors.
But to my mind, a widescreen reduces the vertical visible area and most business applications are oriented this way. i.e. a Word document scrolls up and down more than side to side. So you need a high monitor rather than a wide one.
Therefore you need to buy a much bigger monitor to get the same vertical viewing size.
My first reaction is that the world is wrong and I am right. But have I missed something? Should I be buying a widescreen or what are the options?
- Stumped - IHT 45 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 382 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 447 11
- Tips on meals 91 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,265 33
- Credit management tools 84 1
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 64 2
- property capital gains 71 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 758 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 342 7
- CGT and primary residence 132 1
- Marriage Allowance 220 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,117 12
- S455 and February year ends 283 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 860 18
- Closing down loss-making company 432 5
- S.455 Tax again 278 3
- New Build 332 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 373 4
- Mortgage Reference 786 10