In looking for a new monitor, I visited Curry's and PC World for advice (ha Ha!).
All their monitors were widescreen and I was told this was the only kind available these days. Aimed at the home market. Dell only seem to have widescreen monitors.
But to my mind, a widescreen reduces the vertical visible area and most business applications are oriented this way. i.e. a Word document scrolls up and down more than side to side. So you need a high monitor rather than a wide one.
Therefore you need to buy a much bigger monitor to get the same vertical viewing size.
My first reaction is that the world is wrong and I am right. But have I missed something? Should I be buying a widescreen or what are the options?
- Non resident income. 433 20
- What sectors to target? 597 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 245 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 173 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,921 41
- Self assesment online 979 11
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 254 21
- Why do I do this every year 391 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 294 5
- closing limited company 161 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 81 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 506 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 245 9
- IHT and US resident 56 1
- Limited Companies Merger 208 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 134 1
- Practice management 379 7
- IHT and cash gifts 245 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 532 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,599 42
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 926
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 645
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 596
- Latest phishing scam 574
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 411
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 310
- Scratch Head 239
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 229
- Sabbatical payments 195
- Negligible Value Claim 171