In looking for a new monitor, I visited Curry's and PC World for advice (ha Ha!).
All their monitors were widescreen and I was told this was the only kind available these days. Aimed at the home market. Dell only seem to have widescreen monitors.
But to my mind, a widescreen reduces the vertical visible area and most business applications are oriented this way. i.e. a Word document scrolls up and down more than side to side. So you need a high monitor rather than a wide one.
Therefore you need to buy a much bigger monitor to get the same vertical viewing size.
My first reaction is that the world is wrong and I am right. But have I missed something? Should I be buying a widescreen or what are the options?
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 137 3
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 124 3
- error on companies house accounts 179 5
- ACCA Accountants Report 128 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 197 5
- Newly Started Practice 248 6
- Commission on holiday accrual 85 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 164 2
- HMRC computer behind the times 216 3
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 356 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 250 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 179 2
- Generic Notification Notices 138 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 456 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 120 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 442 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 103 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 251 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 152 1
- fraud 425 1
- QROP pension input amounts 477
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 444
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 422
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 270
- EPS and CIS deductions 262
- Construction CIS LLP Company 248
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 216
- SAGE winforecast 181
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 173
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 166