In looking for a new monitor, I visited Curry's and PC World for advice (ha Ha!).
All their monitors were widescreen and I was told this was the only kind available these days. Aimed at the home market. Dell only seem to have widescreen monitors.
But to my mind, a widescreen reduces the vertical visible area and most business applications are oriented this way. i.e. a Word document scrolls up and down more than side to side. So you need a high monitor rather than a wide one.
Therefore you need to buy a much bigger monitor to get the same vertical viewing size.
My first reaction is that the world is wrong and I am right. But have I missed something? Should I be buying a widescreen or what are the options?
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 110 1
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,489 25
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 243 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,548 27
- Something for the weekend? 135 3
- Accounting for display stands 185 6
- AML reporting to NCA 145 3
- A Friday Funny. 208 4
- Is it any of my business ? 1,442 14
- vat gross profit percentage margins 401 1
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 284 4
- VAT training 173 3
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 338 6
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 173 1
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 366 9
- Companies House Search 242 2
- HMRC Online Services Problems 549 14
- VAT on new build property 292 5
- Who gets the CGT deduction 187 1
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,812 15
- NHS finance professionals 696
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 427
- Foreign Pension Contribution 398
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 382
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 376
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 330
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 297
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 266
- IFA income recognition & reporting 222
- Incorporating doctors 215