In looking for a new monitor, I visited Curry's and PC World for advice (ha Ha!).
All their monitors were widescreen and I was told this was the only kind available these days. Aimed at the home market. Dell only seem to have widescreen monitors.
But to my mind, a widescreen reduces the vertical visible area and most business applications are oriented this way. i.e. a Word document scrolls up and down more than side to side. So you need a high monitor rather than a wide one.
Therefore you need to buy a much bigger monitor to get the same vertical viewing size.
My first reaction is that the world is wrong and I am right. But have I missed something? Should I be buying a widescreen or what are the options?
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 437 21
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 367 6
- New Starter Checklist 137 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 197 3
- HMRC Distraint 184 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 175 2
- Will I need to resign? 590 9
- Old CGT loss 280 8
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 687 21
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 73 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 324 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 396 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,026 16
- How to explain this to someone 153 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,401 20
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 141 5
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 622 15
- Charges for VAT MOSS 219 1
- Limited company purchase of property 503 4
- Goodwill complications 292 6