Concession Treatment as a Resident
Qn: Does the first consecutive year start on the first year a non-resident exercises employment in Singapore or the first consecutive year only starts counting after the first year of employment?
Qn2: Base on the quantitative test, a foreigner will be taxed as a resident if the period of stay in the preceding Y/A is more than 183days. Must he meet the 183 days ruling for all the 2nd and 3rd consecutive years of assessment in order to be granted with the concession?
Qn3: Can the foreigner opt not to accept the concession, i.e. opt not to be taxed as a resident for the entire three Y/As since there are some advantages of opting to be a non-resident?
Qn4: If in the first Y/A, the IRAS taxed the foreigner on a non-resident basis as his stay in the first year is less than 183days, and even tax as a non-resident for the rest of other Y/A consecutively (assuming he exercises his employment less than 183days in the preceding Y/A). how does the IRAS re-compute or adjust the basis of computation for that non-resident if concession is granted, i.e. he is regarded as a resident for all the 3 years of assessment?
- TaxCalc Accounts production 117 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 366 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 206 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 400 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 75 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,361 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 388 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 574 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 188 2
- Old CGT loss 209 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 181 3
- Paper tax return 158 4
- Start up allowance? 384 12
- Will I need to resign? 206 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 248 3
- AIA or IFA 459 7
- Surely not? 463 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 645 9
- Late Registration for VAT 365 11