Concession Treatment as a Resident
Qn: Does the first consecutive year start on the first year a non-resident exercises employment in Singapore or the first consecutive year only starts counting after the first year of employment?
Qn2: Base on the quantitative test, a foreigner will be taxed as a resident if the period of stay in the preceding Y/A is more than 183days. Must he meet the 183 days ruling for all the 2nd and 3rd consecutive years of assessment in order to be granted with the concession?
Qn3: Can the foreigner opt not to accept the concession, i.e. opt not to be taxed as a resident for the entire three Y/As since there are some advantages of opting to be a non-resident?
Qn4: If in the first Y/A, the IRAS taxed the foreigner on a non-resident basis as his stay in the first year is less than 183days, and even tax as a non-resident for the rest of other Y/A consecutively (assuming he exercises his employment less than 183days in the preceding Y/A). how does the IRAS re-compute or adjust the basis of computation for that non-resident if concession is granted, i.e. he is regarded as a resident for all the 3 years of assessment?
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 575 5
- VAT disaggregation 180 3
- What are HMRC implying? 554 2
- HMRC having technical difficulties 335 11
- Ltd Company CIS Repayments 71 2
- Unequal share tenant in common 43 1
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 180 4
- Right To Manage Company 118 2
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 882 7
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 180 3
- Maternity and claining expenses 814 7
- VAT Flat Rate 336 1
- BrightPay quirks 383 6
- Closing down loss-making company 257 3
- AccountingWEB survey 474 8
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,158 31
- Virus alert! Anyone get this email today? 822 10
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 315 1
- Mortgage Reference 707 9
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,412 50