confused about R&D
Previously we have had clients who have developed computer programs both web based and PC where the use fitted all the criteria.
We now have a client in the computer industry who has developed a program which is totally innovative and gets a tick in all the right boxes until, i look in Lexis Nexis, where it says that HMRC do not consider the development of a computer program (unless as part of a greater purpose) as a qualifying activity for R&D.
Is this right and we have been lucky in the past, or can i claim tax credit for a stand alone program?
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 38 2
- flat rate scheme 2,276 43
- Deferring dividends on paper 99 5
- VAT Query on new build 50 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 115 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 133 4
- Family Partnership 215 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 46 1
- P11D Car Value 238 6
- Signed accounts for bank 602 12
- NOVA declaration 93 1
- Business valuation advice 701 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,482 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,218 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 270 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,093 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 158 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 379 5
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 797 11
- HMRC Postal Delays 442 10