Contact settlement re enquiry
I am in the process of concluding an enquiry with HMRC....
Figures for the tax understated have been suggested and I've negotiated them downwards.
My client does not accept the adjustments, but wishes to put the matter behind him and move forward. I have explained that there are week areas in the record keeping and he should therefore reach a settlement with HMRC based on the latest figures suggested.
The problem is that the inspector will not agree the amount of the penalty (or the interest, although I can estimate this) until my client has agreed the figures. Is he within his rights to so this. Being sceptical I think he'll now load the penalty to recover some of the tax he has lost in the negotiations!
Is my client now entitled to make an offer (a contact settlement?)
This is a CTSA enquiry.
Thank you for your help.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 387 5
- See you all on the other side 583 6
- 12Pay 295 2
- dividends 383 2
- R&D 221 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,092 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 383 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 283 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 246 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 475 5
- Seeking a tax case 519 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 378 4
- Companies house strike off 357 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 278 2
- Moving to the cloud 683 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 191 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 823 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 181 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,050 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 425 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 536
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 406
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 359
- IRIS and FRS 102 341
- Capitalising Finance Lease 303
- USA help 301
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 272
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 261
- Capital gains on rental property 244
- Sage Coretime 225