Contact settlement re enquiry
I am in the process of concluding an enquiry with HMRC....
Figures for the tax understated have been suggested and I've negotiated them downwards.
My client does not accept the adjustments, but wishes to put the matter behind him and move forward. I have explained that there are week areas in the record keeping and he should therefore reach a settlement with HMRC based on the latest figures suggested.
The problem is that the inspector will not agree the amount of the penalty (or the interest, although I can estimate this) until my client has agreed the figures. Is he within his rights to so this. Being sceptical I think he'll now load the penalty to recover some of the tax he has lost in the negotiations!
Is my client now entitled to make an offer (a contact settlement?)
This is a CTSA enquiry.
Thank you for your help.
- I have missing sales invoices 324 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 168 1
- is my company accounts right? 619 16
- Invoice Help 340 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 203 8
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 332 5
- What are options for non CA firm 2,372 51
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 340 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 927 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,037 26
- Directors Subsistence 166 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 230 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 413 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 260 3
- Final year's accounts 330 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,907 27
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,478 20
- Free Shares ? 327 6
- Dividend dates 328 6
- Sxx rather than sxx 292 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 552
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 314
- Cancelled 264
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 223
- Married woman dies owning marital home 215
- Probiz 204
- What's the market like for temps? 199
- CIS Deductions 161
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 157