Is this a continuous supply - event management contracted in
Please would someone give their opinion on this: I would like to know whether request for payment can be used (and how the 14 day rule affects this) to ensure more desired VAT timing of amounts due.
The VAT arises from offering the following service:
A team of event managers, who bill on time, equipment etc are contracted in on site. The contract period is for 1 year, subject to two months notice for cancellation/ breach etc.
Payment terms are 60 days.
Does this count as a continuous supply? If so can we use request for payment, and is there any time limit on this? eg 14 days? For example one line item on an invoice may be a x piece of equipment hired on x date.
Of course there is also the option of cash accounting scheme.
- Collection or business assets 62 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 213 8
- Company Director In Prison 383 10
- Tax position re this lease? 355 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 665 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 85 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,628 70
- Help with HMRC investigation 104 2
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 76 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 320 5
- AWeb - download file 122 2
- pension paid by company? 322 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 737 17
- Late annual return 117 1
- Charity work 210 10
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 223 12
- HMRC Agents Line 132 2
- Managing Employee Expenses 178 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,686 60
- inheritance tax 569 14
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 672
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 499
- Cancelled 426
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 361
- Probiz 334
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 322
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 242
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 214
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 197