Is this a continuous supply - event management contracted in
Please would someone give their opinion on this: I would like to know whether request for payment can be used (and how the 14 day rule affects this) to ensure more desired VAT timing of amounts due.
The VAT arises from offering the following service:
A team of event managers, who bill on time, equipment etc are contracted in on site. The contract period is for 1 year, subject to two months notice for cancellation/ breach etc.
Payment terms are 60 days.
Does this count as a continuous supply? If so can we use request for payment, and is there any time limit on this? eg 14 days? For example one line item on an invoice may be a x piece of equipment hired on x date.
Of course there is also the option of cash accounting scheme.
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 812 16
- Cloud accounting package 140 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 1,001 39
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 487 15
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 271 6
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 168 3
- PAYE – Directors NI 262 6
- Next Move 358 12
- Ltd Co and 'grant' income 399 7
- when to file SA return if closed SA in the middle of the year 206 4
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 250 3
- Large PAYE tax refund to Employee 342 3
- Personal Tax Accounts. Are we all doomed. 708 10
- Accounts treatment of assets at cessation date 295 10
- Seeking advice: Vehicle usage 182 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,243 34
- Casual Driver 269 4
- Self Assessment Software 634 20
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 346 7
- How does HMRC give tax relief to Muslims for borrowing costs? 1,268 10
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 632
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 394
- Property letting & CAs 377
- 2015 tax year end 373
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 373
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 232
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 225
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 219