Is this a continuous supply - event management contracted in
Please would someone give their opinion on this: I would like to know whether request for payment can be used (and how the 14 day rule affects this) to ensure more desired VAT timing of amounts due.
The VAT arises from offering the following service:
A team of event managers, who bill on time, equipment etc are contracted in on site. The contract period is for 1 year, subject to two months notice for cancellation/ breach etc.
Payment terms are 60 days.
Does this count as a continuous supply? If so can we use request for payment, and is there any time limit on this? eg 14 days? For example one line item on an invoice may be a x piece of equipment hired on x date.
Of course there is also the option of cash accounting scheme.
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 146 4
- What would you do in this situation? 476 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 122 3
- Help Required 266 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 217 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 385 14
- What's in a name ? 219 4
- ATED Penalties 257 1
- late second payment on account 149 2
- US royalties 74 2
- Project being run jointly 120 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 174 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 160 3
- Sole trader mix up 285 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 732 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 886 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 208 4
- Filing company accounts 133 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 503 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 158 5
- CTA study material 697
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 422
- Employment related securities question 264
- AIM Stocks and IHT 244
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 197
- Trust for Employee 183
- Expat pension contributions? 181
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 152
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 152
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 116