Is this a continuous supply - event management contracted in
Please would someone give their opinion on this: I would like to know whether request for payment can be used (and how the 14 day rule affects this) to ensure more desired VAT timing of amounts due.
The VAT arises from offering the following service:
A team of event managers, who bill on time, equipment etc are contracted in on site. The contract period is for 1 year, subject to two months notice for cancellation/ breach etc.
Payment terms are 60 days.
Does this count as a continuous supply? If so can we use request for payment, and is there any time limit on this? eg 14 days? For example one line item on an invoice may be a x piece of equipment hired on x date.
Of course there is also the option of cash accounting scheme.
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 791 21
- BrightPay 577 17
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 212 2
- H&W company 172 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 143 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 157 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 258 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 72 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 781 32
- Classic cars investment 215 6
- VAT silly question 2,379 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,077 10
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 259 5
- Federation Accounts 359 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 540 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 289 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 163 2
- Late reply from HMRC 259 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 290 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,674 34
- Benchmarking 487
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 406
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 347
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 205
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Clubs and Taxable Income 187
- Income tax on foreign dividends 187
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 182