Is this a continuous supply - event management contracted in
Please would someone give their opinion on this: I would like to know whether request for payment can be used (and how the 14 day rule affects this) to ensure more desired VAT timing of amounts due.
The VAT arises from offering the following service:
A team of event managers, who bill on time, equipment etc are contracted in on site. The contract period is for 1 year, subject to two months notice for cancellation/ breach etc.
Payment terms are 60 days.
Does this count as a continuous supply? If so can we use request for payment, and is there any time limit on this? eg 14 days? For example one line item on an invoice may be a x piece of equipment hired on x date.
Of course there is also the option of cash accounting scheme.
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,648 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 498 10
- Errors in prior year accounts 851 23
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,350 18
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,985 39
- VAT & capitalising 133 3
- Final year's accounts 160 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 314 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 306 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 314 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 255 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 149 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,982 36
- Invoice Help 256 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 193 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 262 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 246 3
- Sorry ignore me 915 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 598 5
- Free Shares ? 252 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 298
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 192
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 170
- What's the market like for temps? 168