The costs of calling HMRC
We have received a letter (agents copy) from HMRC, received 20 days after post date, but that is another story!
I tried to call the person who sent the letter only to discover the 0845 no on the letter is a general enquiry number (not a direct no) and ended up in the inevitable queue.
If I use our normal telephone I never know the costs per minute, but as I was using Skype I noticed the cost was 8p per minute! A 10 to 20 minute wait isn't unusual so the cost will probably be over £1, in addition to the time I have wasted while sitting in the queue.
Do HMRC gain any income from these calls? If so, maybe the queues are there for a reason, ie. to provide additional funds for HMRC?
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 413 20
- trading losses allowable? 734 14
- Tax Fines - HMRC 749 12
- Post AAT? 633 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 65 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 862 36
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 35 1
- Probate services 347 6
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 188 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,609 37
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 266 7
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,485 24
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 106 3
- Sage accounts help 91 1
- Community Faux Pas 813 25
- AAT before CIMA? 123 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 452 9
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 99 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 171 6
- Here we go.... 861 25