Create new Sage 50 Company with clean data
I've inherited an unusual Sage Line 50 v13 setup. A company merger also merged data from two separate accounts packages onto Sage.
The COA is not a standard Sage layout, we have too many banks setup (ten), hundreds of domestic sales are set up as clients, supplier account names are post codes, both client and supppliers telephone numbers are fax numbers, among other issues.
At year end in a few weeks, I plan to build a new company. I'll post the closing balance sheet across and create a register in Excel for domestic sales so that I can simply post a balance across each month. I'll be backing up before, multiple times during and of course after.
And after all that rambling, my question is more of a request for advice. I haven't done anything like this in ten years. What should I be looking out for, preparing before hand and ultimately, what are the simple tests that I have posted the correct data through? How much fun am I going to have reconciling my month end or should I continue to post March into the old company and just post April and beyond into the new company?
Any and all advice is most welcome as I'm pretty nervous of making a mess and losing or destroying work.
- Checking a contract 277 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 292 15
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 714 9
- Altered PAYE cheque 208 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 148 7
- VAT on garage rent 314 14
- Value-shifting 52 1
- Pattern for CTA 201 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 439 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 76 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 198 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 225 5
- EBT 173 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 160 8
- Giving a seminar 523 28
- Joint Filing Help 100 1
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,224 32
- Interest on Loan to a Company 251 2
- Writing off bad debts 181 4
- Added years superannuation 59 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,202
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 600
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 404
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 310
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 191
- Agent fees to sell business 186
- Alphabet shares 184
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 180
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 160
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 158