Create new Sage 50 Company with clean data
I've inherited an unusual Sage Line 50 v13 setup. A company merger also merged data from two separate accounts packages onto Sage.
The COA is not a standard Sage layout, we have too many banks setup (ten), hundreds of domestic sales are set up as clients, supplier account names are post codes, both client and supppliers telephone numbers are fax numbers, among other issues.
At year end in a few weeks, I plan to build a new company. I'll post the closing balance sheet across and create a register in Excel for domestic sales so that I can simply post a balance across each month. I'll be backing up before, multiple times during and of course after.
And after all that rambling, my question is more of a request for advice. I haven't done anything like this in ten years. What should I be looking out for, preparing before hand and ultimately, what are the simple tests that I have posted the correct data through? How much fun am I going to have reconciling my month end or should I continue to post March into the old company and just post April and beyond into the new company?
Any and all advice is most welcome as I'm pretty nervous of making a mess and losing or destroying work.
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 116 6
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 544 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 237 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 81 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 158 3
- Foreign income for self employed 99 1
- tax credits 50 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 436 18
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 47 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 591 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 37 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 481 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 193 1
- EC VAT 221 10
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 212 7
- Musician deductible expenses 88 1
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 97 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 280 8
- Flat rate vat error 341 7
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 543 13
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 849
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 510
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 294
- Tax efficient holding company structure 235
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 231
- Investment property company accounts template 220
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 215
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 182
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 151