Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Xerocon 2016 820 13
- Personal Tax 202 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,865 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 240 2
- Mortgage Reference 173 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 157 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,178 45
- Practical experience 851 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 434 9
- VAT 307 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 221 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 189 1
- last minute request 296 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 81 1
- Cash gift from India 503 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 86 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 465 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 131 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 282 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 670 6