Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Car benefit or not? 2,412 22
- Charge for tax returns 396 10
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,623 19
- Large director's pension contribution 485 5
- Company car and the new dividend tax rules 55 1
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 673 9
- Non reporting RTI - penalties 444 6
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 588 13
- Best Auto Enrollment Provider for clients DIY 112 3
- Support / ticketing software 172 8
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 417 8
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 425 11
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 290 9
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 229 6
- interest in client bank account 171 3
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 269 13
- Landlord expenses incurred looking for new properties 333 6
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 607 14
- Company Number 10000000 886 11
- Company car v company allowance 756 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 780
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 280
- DTA tie-breaker issue 273
- CGT for NOn UK residents 236
- Apprenticeship Levy 209
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 202
- Just checking re PSA 187
- Capital Gains personal representatives 186
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 181