Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- CT return error message 74 5
- Audit rules 244 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 539 10
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 278 8
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 241 1
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 255 1
- Sales Commission to Employees / External Companies 40 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 274 2
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 66 1
- How do you value an internet based business 832 11
- Capital repayments 73 1
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 132 1
- business entertaining deductibility 272 2
- Flat Rate VAT 171 1
- SA302 412 8
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 541 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 419 8
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 482 5
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 527 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 221 2
- Xtuple 528
- Qtac payroll for bureau 359
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 303
- Industrial & Provident Societies 296
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 226
- Domain name sale and limited company 186
- CIS schemes 185
- Investment 163
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 161
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 140