Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 246 6
- Invoice factoring 136 6
- Scoot 339 7
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 392 3
- old client has come out of the woodwork 141 1
- paye scheme very used 202 3
- Operating lease 96 4
- Gifting shares 92 1
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 250 4
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 498 8
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 823 25
- Disclosure query 136 3
- Auto enrolment 290 4
- Reverse charge - do you always book it? 267 6
- LLP Accounts format 93 1
- A question about share structure 87 1
- Corporation tax due date confusion 213 3
- Top slicing relief question 175 2
- Share swap 194 3
- Tax on sale of shares 177 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,467
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 786
- Any views 716
- HMRC Employers Diary 535
- International interest certificate 431
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 401
- Sale of business 360
- NOVA 268
- Advertising services? 264
- IRIS Open Books problem 261