Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 220 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,164 32
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 267 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 54 1
- incorrect old p60 481 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 299 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 186 2
- Turnover on a tax return 376 9
- IT Contractor 260 1
- Sage instant account codes 143 1
- Networking 196 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 235 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 313 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,946 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 316 4
- VAT refund 209 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 284 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 278 3
- Missing tax return 406 4
- Inflation and fees 1,422 24