Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- client threatening legal action 1,787 27
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 665 8
- Partially exempt? 234 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 82 1
- First VAT Visit for client 212 4
- Dividend in specie 222 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 156 8
- Lorry Drivers 131 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 74 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 83 1
- Mexican student in UK 113 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 193 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 291 12
- payroll software 110 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,047 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 96 1
- Pricing 329 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 245 5
- VAT 115 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 849 18
- Skandia using wrong address 483
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 272
- Employee rewards 257
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 222
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 208
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 158