Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Auto-enrolment drivel 712 12
- Unpaid Fee's 524 9
- VAT margin scheme 103 9
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 321 5
- Company Dividends Received 98 2
- Is Corp tax payable on legacy received by bowls Club? 133 1
- Late Filing SA due to property income, individual was also a non dom for 15 years 121 8
- Client information from previous accountant 427 8
- Professional Qualification 201 1
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 560 29
- Question regarding A1 Form 170 1
- Maternity allowance 58 1
- Freehold Property Depreciation 54 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 100 2
- Tax and NI on payment to overseas employee 210 4
- Shares paid - petty cash 102 3
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 526 9
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 895 16
- cold file reviewer needed 272 2
- Property jointly owned by non married joint owners 89 1
- Possible Partnership? 527
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 512
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 472
- New Fangled Penalties 324
- Clubs and Taxable Income 271
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 268
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 263
- Loans to other companies 206
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 183
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 174