Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,225 26
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,452 35
- Accountant let me down 608 6
- 2020 Annual Conference 160 2
- Let Property Campaign - Joint Owner Died 102 2
- Professional Clearance 1,213 29
- Client right to working papers 1,434 10
- Growth Street 161 2
- Client has two UTRS, How do you get HMRC to correct this? 236 9
- Microsoft One Drive 619 23
- SA302's - What's the deal? 497 8
- Online Back Up 287 7
- Filing a company valuation with HMRC 102 1
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage Brokering 130 1
- Vat application refused 215 1
- Professional Clearance 427 6
- Self-employed 588 14
- Past rental expenses 321 5
- Redeemable loan note - loss 106 1
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 324 3
- NHS finance professionals 631
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 401
- Foreign Pension Contribution 368
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 345
- vat gross profit percentage margins 344
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 321
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 298
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 290
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 248
- IFA income recognition & reporting 209