Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 167 4
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 139 2
- Cash injection by shareholder 44 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,454 424
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 256 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 280 4
- PRR 195 11
- corp tax software 339 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,078 54
- Pension Contributions Relief 436 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 456 7
- Which tax box 177 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 100 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 219 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 201 6
- References for clients 191 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 141 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 104 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 313 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 132 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,296
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 460
- National Insurance 358
- Non Resident 275
- Franchise income and costs 252
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 166
- Employer's Helpline 158
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 135