Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- How much does the company pay 782 34
- Proof of identification 79 2
- Anyone else still working this week? 435 14
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 112 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 110 1
- Which tax returns can I submit? 102 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 289 5
- Using home as clients registered address 202 4
- Childcare vouchers 362 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 82 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 81 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 71 1
- two business from one premises 181 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 56 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 241 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 420 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 358 4
- Merry Christmas 140 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 97 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,104 12
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 507
- corporate hierarchy 472
- Advice - 326
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 275
- WWOOFers 265
- The booking.com con 248
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 246
- Cocaine anyone? 232
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 222
- UK State pension paid in NZ 177