Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Which purchase date should I consider in the asset register 35 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 328 15
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 126 3
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 163 4
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 136 2
- Financial statements accounting policies 168 4
- Accountants website 126 1
- Employed or self employed 89 1
- Relationship between amortisation and distributable profits 177 9
- Design your ideal tax department 853 19
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 252 6
- Scams are not always obvious 1,723 30
- Deemed Employment Payment 394 2
- Little PPR calc question 212 4
- Restructuring company and Form 42 175 7
- Overpayment notice 131 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 231 9
- Cells from many sheets 192 3
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 184 8
- Investment company 202 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,058
- Moving away from CCH software 920
- Recruitment agencies 544
- QROP pension input amounts 422
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 369
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 324
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 304
- fraud 247
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 230
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 204