Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Worried over stock value 371 12
- Use of home deduction 174 6
- Self assessment help 32 1
- client can't/won't pay 1,163 21
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 73 3
- Terminal Trade Loss Relief 34 2
- is PMI for directors and families 29 1
- Self Assessment Penalties 97 4
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 784 30
- Insolvent company in process of strike off 113 2
- Mortgage Repayment Sale of Property 78 3
- STUDENT LOAN 169 2
- Paperless practices - do you keep any paper records? 719 21
- US-UK pension problem 69 1
- Knuckle down one week to go! 845 20
- Online SA303 Nine Digit UTR 78 1
- Non resident income. 79 3
- SA late payment penalty 93 2
- Car Allowance and Fuel Card for Business Mileage 63 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 334 11
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 838
- Copy Wanted 571
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 517
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 501
- Latest phishing scam 368
- Entrepreneurs' relief 341
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 303
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 294
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 288
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 196