Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,514 12
- Microsoft One Drive 429 14
- Thinning income 358 4
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 272 6
- Bank Statement Scanning Software? 150 2
- Work to Rented Business Premises 187 1
- Not a question but made my day 1,174 23
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 388 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,152 24
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 147 1
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 275 4
- I forgiven loan an Output? 173 2
- V T Software 253 2
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 151 3
- SA302's - What's the deal? 355 4
- tax credits 309 4
- Past rental expenses 139 1
- What do do about VAT? 557 15
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 307 5
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 203 2
- NHS finance professionals 599
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 391
- Foreign Pension Contribution 363
- vat gross profit percentage margins 335
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 326
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 306
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 275
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 234
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 220
- IFA income recognition & reporting 201