Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 853 27
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 103 5
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 350 7
- Entrepreneurs relief/ Company Secretary 53 1
- Invoice factoring 174 7
- old client has come out of the woodwork 236 2
- Scoot 363 7
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 440 3
- paye scheme very used 231 3
- Operating lease 116 4
- Gifting shares 102 1
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 260 4
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 519 8
- Disclosure query 154 3
- Auto enrolment 299 4
- Reverse charge - do you always book it? 287 6
- LLP Accounts format 104 1
- A question about share structure 97 1
- Corporation tax due date confusion 234 3
- Top slicing relief question 185 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,468
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 791
- Any views 717
- HMRC Employers Diary 536
- International interest certificate 433
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 403
- Sale of business 366
- NOVA 270
- Advertising services? 265
- IRIS Open Books problem 263