Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Non VAT invoices 152 4
- Time to ditch Sage? 166 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 249 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 151 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 280 8
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,370 32
- Fees 178 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 245 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 201 2
- Form 17 Download 115 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 543 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 370 4
- HMRC Information notice 987 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 269 3
- Accountant Specialization. 376 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,753 42
- Sage Line 50 172 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 194 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 455 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 398 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 759
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 413
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 363
- Electric Car 298
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 205
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 183
- AIA 179
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 177