Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 83 2
- Employee overpaid who has left 197 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 188 3
- Sorry ignore me 869 24
- Invoice Help 188 5
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 534 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,909 35
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,219 12
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 122 12
- Errors in prior year accounts 778 20
- VAT & capitalising 43 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 289 5
- Free Shares ? 230 2
- Is this a scam? 546 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 289 7
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 268 6
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 142 1
- Peer to Peer lending 862 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 97 2
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 210 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 621
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 529
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 292
- Cancelled 283
- Cancelled 242
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 188
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 186
- Probiz 168
- What's the market like for temps? 163
- Married woman dies owning marital home 159