Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 500 20
- Software 309 8
- Company dividends 370 12
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 384 6
- SA late payment penalty 165 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 283 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 87 1
- Copy Wanted 635 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 91 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 99 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 104 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,410 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 255 5
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 163 2
- Comany ceasing to trade 153 2
- French resident, split year & UK close company dividends 116 1
- Closing a limited company 212 5
- Rental Income for Child Benefit Charge 150 2
- Obtaining old payslips & correcting historic tax overpayment 141 3
- Window Comb Binder Cover 355 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 852
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 541
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 512
- Latest phishing scam 397
- Entrepreneurs' relief 372
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 330
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 312
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 299
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 211
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190