Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 75 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,261 19
- Scanners 170 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 85 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 160 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 233 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 403 9
- Payment plans for clients 122 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 229 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 246 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 448 9
- P60 or payslips? 97 1
- Property income in different capacities 108 1
- IHT dilemma 1,383 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 193 1
- IT advisory questions? 180 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 796 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 148 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 529 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,160
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 798
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 488
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 273
- Director phone costs 237
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 227
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 202
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 157
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 139