Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 635 10
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 232 7
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 295 7
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 246 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 235 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 101 1
- General tax book with planning 224 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 158 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 191 1
- are receipts needed? 536 14
- Gift of property & improvements 150 3
- VAT Invoice 207 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 280 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 377 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,275 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 313 11
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 821 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 140 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 266 3
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 178 2
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 903
- International interest certificate 514
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 310
- Management expenses for investment company 270
- Bonus Bonds 263
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 177
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 163
- P11D benefit received by widow 153
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 146