Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 899 24
- BrightPay quirks 290 3
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 393 10
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 52 2
- Xerocon 2016 1,296 36
- VAT disaggregation 69 1
- Appointment of director 48 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 500 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 209 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 271 3
- Mortgage Reference 608 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 335 7
- Insovent companies 912 19
- New Build 249 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,317 48
- Website Content 234 1
- Personal Tax 666 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 231 1
- USA Tax Query 338 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 453 5