Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Personal allowance 393 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 453 12
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 131 3
- Scams are not always obvious 682 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 104 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 98 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 85 3
- Related party disclosures 162 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 176 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 71 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 606 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 214 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 242 8
- Is this legal? 619 9
- Market Value/Connected Persons 180 7
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,987 23
- Cells from many sheets 123 2
- Taxation of rental income 199 4
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 135 6
- Childcare vouchers 100 1
- New Fangled Penalties 1,041
- Moving away from CCH software 902
- Recruitment agencies 526
- QROP pension input amounts 410
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 362
- Deemed Employment Payment 344
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 307
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 298
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 217
- fraud 213