Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Dividend and pension with no salary 68 1
- Accountex Exhibition 121 1
- You know you're an accountant when... 1,454 45
- Private use for Small hotel owner: historic rules 104 1
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 139 1
- Vat on solicitors charges 170 5
- Career change - how to get relevant experience? 1,043 11
- Late leaver notification 165 4
- A little bit of politics 466 6
- Could i ask for a bit of help please. 283 6
- Filling in my self assessment 686 14
- Should small companies be audited? 980 41
- Mileage claim restriction 366 3
- Self Assessment employed and self employed 152 1
- Overlap profit 573 15
- What does PITA mean? 438 9
- career 346 2
- Help required please 468 10
- Skype treating businesses as private consumers; no VAT invoices 463 1
- Help - ACCA uk practicing certification forms 229 3
- Sanzar 454
- Digital marketing focus group 377
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 344
- Continuity Agreement 290
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 278
- Sainsbury's mangement 268
- Buyback 265
- Avanti Accounts 253
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 201
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 174