Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Sole trader hid directorships. 23 1
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 957 29
- Goods Purchased for Rental 647 32
- More HMRC on gov.uk 435 9
- VAT on finance leases 80 1
- Friendly Pensions 203 1
- Online Timesheet Facility 65 1
- Problem ex client...again.. 1,621 15
- Company Reorganisation 296 4
- CONVERSAION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 169 5
- CGT on second home? 251 4
- Interflora florist 188 2
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 218 8
- Double tax agreement - do you show income on UK return even if the DTA says it is taxed in the other country? 143 2
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 385 10
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 251 3
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 382 5
- Completing RP1 form in re Redundancy /Insolvency 249 8
- VAT in Sage 178 3
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 499 10
- NOVA 495
- Bonus Bonds 384
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 365
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 280
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 246
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 168
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 155
- Finance Lease 147
- Company Car Lease 146
- Form 42 133