Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 510 13
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 856 23
- Classic cars investment 350 10
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,006 25
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 178 3
- break even point 679 20
- Asset holding company 269 6
- How much to charge? 457 7
- National Insurance Contributions 119 1
- VAT GUIDE - 22-25 AGENTS OR EQUIVALENT 317 6
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 243 3
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 280 1
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 3,020 36
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 787 8
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 235 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 450 13
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 664 9
- HMRC - Sage Backup 262 5
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,188 29
- BrightPay 752 23
- Possible Partnership? 480
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 452
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 447
- New Fangled Penalties 259
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 245
- Clubs and Taxable Income 234
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 231
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 220
- Loans to other companies 179
- Tasbook email configuration 167