Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 41 3
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 56 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 226 6
- Companies House 275 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 60 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 93 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 314 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 90 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 202 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 660 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 643 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 124 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 656 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 470 5
- Director self assessment 399 16
- SA tax assessments 164 2
- Sage Import Data 173 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 234 2
- Dividend Vouchers 276 4
- Engagement letter 201 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 425
- CTA study material 390
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 287
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 266
- Pre incorp expenses 239
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 216
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 208
- Slight twist on employment related securities 194
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 141
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 138