Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 88 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,628 42
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 62 1
- CT return error message 322 9
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 61 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 53 1
- Audit rules 349 8
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 229 6
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 285 7
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 193 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 786 11
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 166 2
- FRS17 query 198 2
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 943 6
- Charge HMRC 211 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 481 17
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,143 25
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 363 8
- VAT 190 2
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 185 2
- Xtuple 540
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 309
- Industrial & Provident Societies 306
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 261
- CIS schemes 201
- Domain name sale and limited company 196
- Investment 178
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 170
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 166