Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 343 6
- Tech Champion of the Year 257 6
- Xmas party 120 1
- Just because it's Friday 293 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,361 66
- Inheritance Tax - Simple Question 151 4
- Non-resident employer & employee 108 4
- Capital Allowances 158 4
- equipment rental 221 10
- Acquisition by company 115 5
- Non sequitur 543 7
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 1,500 23
- R&D on products not sold 101 3
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 923 13
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 197 4
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 646 9
- Transfer of land to family members 98 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 592 11
- The process of issuing dividend? 218 6
- Not registered for VAT. Germany wants proof! 242 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,366
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 437
- Alphabet shares 241
- Agent fees to sell business 231
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 230
- Charge out rates in London 184
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 169
- which entity 151
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 142
- confusion about 141