Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Personal Allowance for non residents 336 9
- Dormant company or not? 279 13
- VAT: option to tax 79 1
- VAT - Land Related Services 79 1
- Vat 21 1
- Best form of debt recovery 138 3
- Backdating VAT claim 14 1
- WIP recognition for builders 362 8
- Do I need to keep subscribing to CIMA post qualification? 268 15
- Share Valuation 29 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,049 9
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 145 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 82 2
- Share Issue 204 1
- Payment of Capital from and LLP and Corporate member 138 11
- Client avoiding UK Tax. 744 23
- PAYE/NI due date? 140 2
- repairs and/or improvements 106 2
- To Do List 1,521 31
- Farm Partnership 89 1
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 654
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 515
- Auto enrolment excuses 464
- Removed post 368
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 343
- Social investment tax relief 159
- Call Centre Data Costs 152
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 152
- Digita Hosted Software 138
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 129