Before I start my rant let me say that the administration of CT runs very well for all of my clients except for 1.
I have today sent CT returns (2 returns) for a long period ended Apr-09 for the third time. These were the company's first returns and the first submission was on time and the tax due paid on time. Tax for Apr-10 has been paid but I have not yet filed the return, being brave I have this client down as my first Xthingy return.
The first two submissions, with the 64-8, have not been received, lost, wiped out or just vanished into a black hole.
HMRC have issued a determination and have now handed the CT due (via the determination) over to the debt management unit. They have also issued fines totalling £700, no doubt the £1,000 will be issued shortly.
I cannot talk to HMRC as they have not processed the 64-8 even though I have faxed it over to HMRC when I was losing the will to live.
Chances of the returns being processed?
Chances of getting the fines revoked?
Chances of my client believing me when I say I have filed the returns?
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,318 37
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,747 72
- CRM systems? 73 2
- Accountancy Career 537 13
- Help with HMRC investigation 501 9
- Vat on Payments on Account 112 3
- Estate agents - shared commission 193 5
- Yorkshire Day 354 25
- MAAT vs ACCA 537 10
- E-Magazines and pdfs 76 1
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 918 25
- Deleted question? 275 3
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,167 22
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 103 5
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 111 3
- calculation DTR restriction 152 4
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 68 1
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 182 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,876 45
- Group Audit Thresholds 410 12
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 558
- Cancelled 443
- Cancelled 371
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 368
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 345
- Probiz 344
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 249
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 222
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 213
- More spam 173