CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- When to include value of import in Box 7 67 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 166 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 309 7
- Capital gain? 84 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,253 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 274 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 352 8
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 418 8
- vat help for catering concession 276 10
- IHT dilemma 1,157 17
- Tax return software for remote working 234 3
- CGT 338 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 323 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 113 2
- Compliance check 517 13
- sole trader accountant 795 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 406 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 606 21
- More AE! 511 11
- How to classify an asset 167 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,085
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 781
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 466
- Digita Hosted Software 282
- Call Centre Data Costs 253
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 229
- Credit where credit's due....... 223
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 209
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 190
- Director phone costs 153