CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- VT accounts licence key 176 5
- Weely paid employees 175 2
- Wrong career 335 14
- Splitting the tax year 33 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 178 5
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 70 1
- FPS Submission 78 2
- PTP software disaster 153 1
- Value pricing 621 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 192 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 91 1
- vat return 200 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 148 3
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 55 1
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,949 31
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 147 3
- Director's tax return 127 2
- reporting salary? 239 5
- Other forums 197 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 366 17
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 780
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 533
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 400
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 285
- Free Tax Legislation? 236
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 230
- Director Loan account operation 223
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 221
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 215
- Paye procedures for CVA 153