CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Missing tax return 305 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 249 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 100 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,037 30
- Inflation and fees 1,354 24
- Sage Priority Support 164 3
- incorrect old p60 294 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 175 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 821 24
- Micro-entity accounts 181 1
- Related party disclosure 192 3
- Company reconstruction 126 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 226 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 137 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 161 1
- Advice please! 406 2
- VAT on new builds 179 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 139 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 381 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,981 28