CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Where has Portia gone? 4,573 105
- In pratice using part time accountants 119 1
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 134 3
- Payroll question 51 1
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 417 7
- Overlap profit 205 4
- Goodwill On Incorporation 76 1
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 163 13
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 323 5
- micro entity balance sheet query 260 6
- Keeping disastrous accounts 169 1
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 603 19
- RTI Payroll ID 926 21
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 220 4
- VAT flat rate scheme 532 9
- Computations in HMRC accounts software 120 2
- EIS 3 Processing Delays at HMRC 181 2
- Unwarranted VAT assessments 139 1
- Virtual Assistants 134 1
- Where can I report and accountant for defraud 527 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 833
- Pensions Regulator 473
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 437
- Sanzar 331
- How do you do it 324
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 283
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 197
- new investor structure 194
- Fit for purpose 189