CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Interprise software 69 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 498 19
- Charity accounting 258 6
- Outsourcing Payroll 72 1
- sage 99 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 151 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,049 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 202 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 118 1
- FBI2 198 3
- Double entry 164 4
- Companies House 136 3
- Small house in garden 143 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 137 2
- Clients 918 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 286 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 144 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 273 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 310 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 128 5
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 537
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 468
- EPS and CIS deductions 327
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 310
- Construction CIS LLP Company 300
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 295
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 262
- Overdrawn director account 217
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 204
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 199