CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 47 2
- Disengagement Help! 1,623 25
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 512 11
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 918 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 134 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 182 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 572 18
- Corrupt Excel File 664 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 332 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,954 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,163 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 279 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 364 7
- Personal Tax 406 10
- Xerocon 2016 928 18
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 125 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 225 4
- last minute request 451 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,234 46
- Practical experience 893 16