CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Auto enrolment 162 2
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 119 3
- Registration as self-employed 166 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 1,058 15
- Corporation Tax Software 408 12
- VAT on commision and connected persons 93 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 677 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 115 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 169 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 123 4
- Regular Director bonus 457 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 156 1
- BrightPay 1,100 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 552 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 375 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,129 17
- BIK for an electric car 175 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,644 90
- How do I save face? 2,416 14
- Goodie bag 3,130 72
- Possible Partnership? 700
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 541
- Fuming! 525
- New Fangled Penalties 469
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 337
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 279
- Moving away from CCH software 268
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 260
- Outsource Data Entry 259
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 210