CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- FRSSE 2015 AND AMORTISATION OF GOODWILL 49 1
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 213 2
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 284 5
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 59 2
- Going through security 350 8
- Another AE question 119 1
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 377 11
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 255 11
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 558 19
- Tax efficient vehicle 514 10
- Retail business software/accounting system 159 3
- AIA for private hire cars, self-employed licensed private hire vehicle / driver 180 5
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 379 11
- CTA Material 193 1
- Business only use of company car 330 11
- Web site and client access area advice 208 1
- Car or Van 388 9
- Dividend Tax Petition 396 5
- Buying a business premises in a pension 238 3
- Unilateral Relief - How to calculate UK tax paid 191 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 250
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 226
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 214
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 201
- Expenses Software 181
- Any thoughts on Capium? 172
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 170
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 166
- Car Capital Contribution 147
- How to account for investment in JV? 145