CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- S162 and Capital Allowances 121 2
- Director leaving in month 1 92 2
- Ex Gratia payments 61 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 232 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 132 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 180 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 177 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 164 4
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 174 6
- IHT - clawback of BPR 42 1
- EIS - connection through employment 92 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 240 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 46 1
- CIS and Close Company 86 2
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 224 4
- Secondment expenses 152 3
- VAT Option to tax 442 15
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 129 4
- Is VAT payable on insurance claims received ?? 117 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 138 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 906
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 637
- Free Tax Legislation? 401
- Director Loan account operation 396
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 330
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 318
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 222
- Paye procedures for CVA 217
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 182