CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Setting up a practice 168 3
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 625 17
- Stamp Duty 281 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 220 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,766 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 457 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 168 1
- Love is in the air 416 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 251 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,010 46
- Very large share capital by mistake 329 3
- Client Paperwork Retention? 550 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 564 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 329 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 347 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 381 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 433 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 453 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 280 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 526 1
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 281
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 274
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 236
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 219
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 193