CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Which software for practice books? 331 12
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 132 3
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 124 2
- Illegal dividends and prior year accounts errors 127 3
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 275 6
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 109 5
- Inheritance tax 233 12
- Tax residence 93 2
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 133 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,654 33
- Accountant software 295 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 458 7
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 431 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 232 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,892 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 106 1
- Renting property to yourself 331 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 387 16
- register as self employed? 145 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 171 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 650
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 486
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 451
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 278
- How to format a stock book 236
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 196
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 190
- Tax efficient holding company structure 179
- Investment property company accounts template 165
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 163