CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 114 5
- Consolidation IFRS 64 1
- White van man 413 20
- Writing down allowance / AIA 101 4
- Worried over stock value 207 4
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 80 1
- foreign income 121 2
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 176 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 301 5
- STUDENT LOAN 82 1
- Bookkeeping question 598 6
- wave software 225 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 356 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 235 3
- Backdate C79? 166 2
- Entertaining - definition? 312 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 368 10
- SA1 Online 103 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 104 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 99 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 823
- Copy Wanted 548
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 506
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 487
- Latest phishing scam 346
- Entrepreneurs' relief 317
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 287
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 279
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 274
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 182