CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 249 3
- Cocaine anyone? 87 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,460 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 802 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 425 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 239 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 310 11
- Tax return software for remote working 465 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 510 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 425 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 443 9
- How to purchase business premises? 151 2
- Will I need to resign? 810 10
- Childcare vouchers 166 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 271 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 297 6
- VAT avoidance? 222 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 183 3
- PAYE coding out 183 3
- Follower cases 574 2
- Hive up 469
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 437
- corporate hierarchy 415
- Advice - 243
- Amortisation of Goodwill 217
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 203
- WWOOFers 199
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 179
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 178
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 177