CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 622 9
- Property gift to sister 213 6
- Who gets the CGT deduction 257 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,565 27
- VAT training 336 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 276 7
- 31st october deadline 384 6
- RTI Late Registration query 147 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 261 2
- Payroll software 183 1
- Accounting for display stands 274 7
- Companies House Search 318 3
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 329 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,533 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 329 3
- A Friday Funny. 373 5
- Something for the weekend? 349 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 575 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,261 19
- Coming out of flat rate 177 1
- NHS finance professionals 711
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 403
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 388
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 384
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 338
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 302
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 283
- IFA income recognition & reporting 224
- Incorporating doctors 223