CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,602 13
- Bereavment payment 102 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 490 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 102 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,117 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 276 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 351 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,298 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 155 2
- Companies House incorporation service 352 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 80 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 154 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 196 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 210 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 270 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 144 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 155 3
- Share Capital 136 2
- Trading income or not? 201 1
- Charge HMRC 431 3
- Xtuple 549
- Qtac payroll for bureau 376
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 320
- Industrial & Provident Societies 314
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 295
- CIS schemes 224
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 188
- Investment 187
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 179