CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Residents Association Corp Tax 167 5
- Consequential loss claim 86 2
- Vat threshold issues 23 1
- ATT Annual Return Problems 100 2
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 500 10
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 93 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 318 5
- private to company car? 156 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 932 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 569 10
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 214 13
- Buy to let allowable interest 118 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 183 1
- Partner with an IVA 156 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 564 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 406 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 274 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 221 6
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 348 13
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 141 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 453
- CTA study material 414
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 300
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 278
- Pre incorp expenses 269
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 240
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 231
- Slight twist on employment related securities 207
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 180
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 176