CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Concurrent users 224 4
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 205 1
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,291 15
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 1,971 13
- Selling Business 237 2
- Late loss relief claim 76 1
- Losses carry forward to self employed 478 8
- Creation of leases out of freehold 127 1
- CGT usage of ER lifetime limit 193 11
- Overseas marketing conferences 75 2
- Advice for new build property 287 4
- HMRC Online services password 142 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 401 6
- HMRC Post 821 11
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 495 5
- Time to ditch Sage? 744 12
- Freelance/Employee 839 19
- Self Assessment - income for US property 148 3
- CGT Problem 760 6
- Where is Section 809 of ITA 2007? 247 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 787
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 431
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 381
- Electric Car 321
- S222 Charge 260
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 232
- IP trans to holding company 207
- AIA 200
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 194
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 156