CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 79 1
- transactions after account have been closed 86 3
- The stupidity continues 428 17
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,312 25
- New Employers Helpline 180 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 163 3
- Software recommendations 241 1
- Share transfer question 357 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 294 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 157 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,406 19
- Overlap relief 750 19
- What is IRIS World like? 348 8
- Pension contributions 366 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 148 4
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 480 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 171 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 475 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 265 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 206 1
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 436
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 431
- WIP Software 293
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 287
- No payroll scheme in place 231
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 205
- Is there anything wrong with this? 196
- Small Part Disposal of Property 181
- Uncommercial property business 176