CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 140 4
- Accountants' Error 689 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 143 3
- Scoot 180 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 148 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 198 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 661 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,449 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 109 1
- Regaining my qualification 199 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 227 2
- Auto enrolment 190 3
- Shareholder agreement 171 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 195 3
- Company Reorganisation 163 3
- Employee Loan 206 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 464 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 593 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 148 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,449
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 762
- Any views 696
- HMRC Employers Diary 521
- International interest certificate 423
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 387
- Sale of business 354
- NOVA 259
- Advertising services? 253
- IRIS Open Books problem 244