CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 139 3
- Hmrc software 192 3
- Mehjoo 255 1
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 191 2
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 96 1
- SA302 255 4
- Hosted email exchange 168 5
- South African Government Pension 177 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 155 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 264 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 296 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 237 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 145 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 272 7
- New Email Extensions 185 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 305 2
- Dental practice incorpration 148 1
- Audit rules 174 4
- Go Cardless 307 8
- business entertaining deductibility 176 1
- Xtuple 505
- Qtac payroll for bureau 342
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 289
- Industrial & Provident Societies 281
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 165
- Domain name sale and limited company 165
- CIS schemes 159
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 152
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 137