CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 87 3
- Transferring rental property to limited company 323 11
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 450 6
- IR35 336 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 350 12
- Revenue phishing examples 110 1
- iris update 11.9.2 163 2
- Land Registry 207 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 434 13
- Company Number 10000000 239 3
- 2015 tax year end 518 1
- Company Structure 248 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,299 25
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 759 17
- Advertising Tips? 222 6
- Not renewing AAT 1,460 14
- Cloud-based email services? 267 6
- Dormant co. now trading 326 9
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,707 21
- Online or Paper 64-8? 246 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 728
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 430
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 370
- Costly Accounting Software contract 353
- Directors' advances and credits 279
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 259
- DTA tie-breaker issue 247
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 208
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195