CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Limited company buying a car 152 4
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 280 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 460 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 558 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 190 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 288 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 116 2
- ACCA practice certificates 496 5
- Limited company buying director's car 293 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 81 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 108 1
- WC's and capital allowances 174 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 313 13
- Dress code 1,548 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 483 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 261 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 382 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 475 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 196 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 115 3
- CTA study material 770
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 482
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 399
- Employment related securities question 309
- AIM Stocks and IHT 281
- Expat pension contributions? 258
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 258
- Trust for Employee 238
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 183
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 148