CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Why should I retain membership? 2,659 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 165 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 322 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 124 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,252 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 386 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,458 18
- Vat 244 4
- CT/CIS offset 115 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 168 4
- Trade name 170 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 129 1
- New business - journal entries 309 20
- B2B vat in the EU 108 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 311 18
- VAT on deposits 204 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 127 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 406 12
- option to tax 204 1
- Share of profits from building society 103 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 780
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 707
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 387
- Social investment tax relief 206
- Digita Hosted Software 199
- Call Centre Data Costs 192
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 159
- Travel costs and contractors 150
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 145
- Certificates of tax deposit 136