CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 90 1
- Gift of property & improvements 132 3
- General tax book with planning 185 3
- VAT Invoice 182 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 270 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 223 9
- Error in past Corporate tax return 370 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,249 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 301 11
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 811 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 139 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 242 3
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 167 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 469 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 391 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 265 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 209 6
- Accounting for a finance lease 178 4
- SA302's anyone?? 549 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,662 41
- Skandia using wrong address 1,621
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 512
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 300
- Management expenses for investment company 267
- Bonus Bonds 262
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 175
- tax on apprenticeship income 174
- P11D benefit received by widow 153