CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- What does PITA mean? 474 11
- Overseas Company 77 1
- Dividend and pension with no salary 150 1
- Accountex Exhibition 145 1
- You know you're an accountant when... 1,466 45
- Private use for Small hotel owner: historic rules 126 1
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 172 1
- Vat on solicitors charges 202 5
- Career change - how to get relevant experience? 1,057 11
- Late leaver notification 191 4
- A little bit of politics 476 6
- Could i ask for a bit of help please. 315 6
- Filling in my self assessment 695 14
- Should small companies be audited? 987 41
- Mileage claim restriction 373 3
- Self Assessment employed and self employed 167 1
- Overlap profit 575 15
- career 350 2
- Help required please 479 10
- Skype treating businesses as private consumers; no VAT invoices 472 1
- Sanzar 455
- Digital marketing focus group 378
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 351
- Continuity Agreement 293
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 281
- Sainsbury's mangement 272
- Buyback 267
- Avanti Accounts 259
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 203
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 177