CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 187 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,029 405
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 209 15
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 283 1
- Sportman claiming for training kit 928 10
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 33 1
- Naming new company 86 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 763 33
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 144 2
- Saying goodbye 103 2
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 275 4
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 579 22
- Warning of enforcement action - without any warnings 234 4
- Expenses prior to Startup date for startup 134 4
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 367 4
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 715 6
- Tax on private fuel for own car 158 4
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,641 9
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 235 11
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 191 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,265
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 452
- National Insurance 350
- Non Resident 265
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 257
- Franchise income and costs 234
- Hands on experience of Digita 188
- Employer's Helpline 142
- employment capital allowances 133
- CIS paid under reg 9 129