CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 465 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 188 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 140 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 130 2
- You know its over 255 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 178 3
- Cocaine anyone? 468 8
- Late Registration for VAT 473 13
- EIS/SEIS 132 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 262 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 403 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 404 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 686 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 539 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 568 4
- Personal pension 394 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 218 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,204 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 906 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 150 3
- Hive up 487
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 450
- corporate hierarchy 431
- Advice - 268
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 220
- WWOOFers 214
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 204
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 192
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 171
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 171