CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 158 4
- 27,000 Really? 1,147 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,830 60
- Legal title not in the company name 793 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 339 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 310 8
- Opening Balances 204 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 585 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 107 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 89 1
- This is getting boring 619 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 265 7
- pension paid by company? 120 3
- inheritance tax 425 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 351 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 227 4
- State pension 303 3
- Accountancy Career 144 1
- CIC Company 658 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,823 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 640
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 354
- Cancelled 336
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 310
- Probiz 305
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 280
- How not to compose an email 267
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224