CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- deleting customers on Sage 50 108 5
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 641 5
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 71 1
- Giving a seminar 492 28
- Joint Filing Help 80 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 159 4
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 109 6
- Flat Rate Scheme 237 13
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 192 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 407 17
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,148 32
- Interest on Loan to a Company 244 2
- Writing off bad debts 160 4
- Added years superannuation 38 1
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 97 2
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 340 7
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 52 1
- Care to help a student out? 272 9
- Residency 91 day rule 187 1
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 851 12
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,195
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 599
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 403
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 307
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 186
- Agent fees to sell business 185
- Alphabet shares 184
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 175
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 153
- EBT 151