CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 491 6
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 103 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 299 5
- US Sales Tax 104 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 358 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 192 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 101 1
- Group Relief 118 4
- R&D Credits 95 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 232 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 92 2
- Clients 669 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 268 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 119 3
- Starting new accounting business 277 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 456 10
- Sage Payroll 107 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 107 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 427 8
- Tolley UK sales number 212 7
- QROP pension input amounts 492
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 476
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 439
- EPS and CIS deductions 293
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 285
- Construction CIS LLP Company 276
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 240
- SAGE winforecast 198
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 193
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 182