CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- New business 488 5
- Ok to disclaim? 57 1
- Disengagement Help! 58 2
- VAT - Check on clients business 987 41
- Xerocon 2016 487 7
- Can you use dividends to pay off interest charged on Directors Loan Accounts 99 3
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 323 8
- Autumn statement 122 4
- How much detail should you put on CT600A 56 1
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 300 3
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 120 1
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,637 26
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 608 23
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,175 38
- Sale of business assets 122 3
- Moneysoft error 498 8
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,738 40
- Auto Enrol with Salary exchange 138 2
- GRNI - Normal Balance 168 5
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 231 2