CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 676 8
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 47 1
- deleted 365 21
- PII and previous accountant 65 3
- Use of aliases 386 14
- What's the plural? 154 4
- Client leaving and querying previous years accounts 597 25
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 74 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 68 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 86 1
- CGT on Self Build Plus Another Property 159 8
- DISCOUNTED RENT FREE PERIOD 100 1
- Sage training course 227 7
- Registering as a CIS Contractor 118 2
- Builder - Roll over relief 156 7
- HMRC online out of action? 126 3
- Hold over relief 243 2
- Benchmark scale rates for subsistance 120 1
- Overdue VAT returns 156 3
- Non-Resident with UK rental income 147 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 558
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 407
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 312
- IFA incorporation 283
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 269
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 265
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 236
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 225
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 196
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 189