CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 32 2
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 125 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 440 9
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 436 10
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 243 6
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 238 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 191 1
- Share transfer question 315 16
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 544 10
- The stupidity continues 136 2
- New Employers Helpline 144 3
- Overlap relief 731 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,318 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 204 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 196 4
- VAT Query 199 2
- Sacked my first client 685 14
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 268 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,276 24
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 626 11
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 430
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 423
- WIP Software 288
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 220
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 219
- Software recommendations 205
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 199
- Is there anything wrong with this? 191
- Uncommercial property business 172