CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Strike off after accounts submitted 32 1
- Assets requested back from supplier ? 292 4
- What is your favourite font? 376 11
- Opening Balances with very little info... 82 1
- CGT on Let Property 353 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 304 4
- Strike off 227 7
- Franchise affiliations 119 1
- Company investment 164 4
- Disclosure of 2014 corporation tax refund in 2015 accounts 94 1
- Gift to son by parents 350 3
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,202 35
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 166 4
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 460 7
- New CASC rules 161 2
- Autoenrolment and variable earnings 276 2
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 152 4
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 256 6
- valuation of vehicles 534 20
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 136 1
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 342
- Any thoughts on Capium? 296
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 272
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 242
- auto enrolment 218
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 198
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 192
- How to account for investment in JV? 176
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 168