CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 812 5
- See you all on the other side 814 6
- 12Pay 587 2
- dividends 800 2
- R&D 377 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,247 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 496 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 497 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 460 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 595 5
- Seeking a tax case 714 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 578 4
- Companies house strike off 698 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 519 2
- Moving to the cloud 797 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 237 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 959 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 238 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,136 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 552 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 585
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 436
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 384
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 377
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- Marginal rates of tax 368
- Class 2 NI 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 350
- USA help 332
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 317