CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Suitable software 259
- SAP Refresher Course 203
- SMP advanced funding 191
- Tasbooks 3 185
- HR / Payroll 170
- Armed forces termination payment 167
- Rebate commission & professional fees? 148
- Channel Island Corporate Providers 138
- Expenses 136
- IHT and settlor interested trust 114
- List of international shareholders 111
- First Year Accounts 93
- Business Premises Renovation Allowances 80
- Stock take attendance 77
- Non-resident non-doms CGT and IHT on UK assets 41
- vat overseas 14
- Any catches here for the property purchasor? 6
- Is payment for buy-out of an employee benefit taxable? 1