CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- property capital gains 176 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 178 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,170 13
- Tips on meals 198 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 520 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 181 3
- Personal Tax 741 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 211 2
- Stumped - IHT 167 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 415 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 475 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,288 33
- Credit management tools 158 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 774 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 414 7
- CGT and primary residence 188 1
- Marriage Allowance 293 3
- S455 and February year ends 344 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 901 18
- Closing down loss-making company 465 5