CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Spousal transfer and PPR 473 15
- Where has Portia gone? 1,075 46
- Rogue Accountant 2,945 49
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 210 4
- deceased creditor 107 5
- Corporate member of LLP 263 1
- Investment company 254 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 319 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 194 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 354 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 75 1
- Transfer of stock 349 12
- Holiday entitlement 540 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 339 7
- HMRC manual ESSM 187 1
- Extension of lease in flat management company 249 3
- Football Agent Fees 735 23
- Tax avoidance - Doyou know of a better approval? 643 4
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 500 14
- Dir optimum salary 15/16 1,423 22
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 777
- RTI - duplicate employee record 518
- Pensions Regulator 442
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 400
- Sage Vat return box 2 298
- Sanzar 298
- Digital marketing focus group 281
- How do you do it 266
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 234
- Report old income 233