CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 200 2
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 217 5
- Classic cars investment 304 9
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 454 10
- Gift or Capital Gain? 427 13
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 745 17
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 621 9
- HMRC - Sage Backup 196 5
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,123 29
- BrightPay 733 23
- Company strike off and terminal loss relief 111 3
- VAT silly question 2,512 58
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 78 1
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,907 44
- VAT Adjustments 171 5
- Tronc Scheme 98 1
- How much to charge? 397 6
- Sage 2010 data corruption 253 6
- Sell business after leaving country 248 5
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 421 7
- Possible Partnership? 477
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 449
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 438
- New Fangled Penalties 249
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 241
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 239
- Clubs and Taxable Income 230
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 225
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 209
- Loans to other companies 176