CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,741 18
- Personal pension 174 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 60 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 264 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 211 6
- Late Registration for VAT 91 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 980 25
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 949 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,132 12
- property development 257 8
- Registering a company late 161 5
- Goodwill complications 56 1
- Business rates consultancy 98 2
- sale of house 627 18
- Corporation tax penalty 1,504 9
- Part Disposal of Freehold 323 13
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,809 15
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 358 6
- Are HMRC staff on early 372 5
- Backdated VAT registration claim 133 2
- TheTax Donut 992
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 655
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 611
- Follower cases 474
- Limited company purchase of property 398
- Hive up 394
- corporate hierarchy 372
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 368
- LIVE chat, starting now 301
- AIA or IFA 200