CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Company car v company allowance 175 1
- Not renewing AAT 571 7
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,656 50
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 421 9
- New dividend taxation 260 1
- Company formation and bank account 336 9
- Next Move 610 18
- Owning overseas property 284 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 273 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 196 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 672 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 599 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 226 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 403 8
- OneNote is fantastic 543 11
- VAT Direct Debit 377 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 463 8
- Self Assessment Software 694 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 448 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,367 55
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 662
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 405
- Property letting & CAs 395
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 390
- 2015 tax year end 388
- FCA regulated company in a small group 343
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 297
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 235
- DTA tie-breaker issue 203
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 202