CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 156 1
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 164 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 449 4
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 65 1
- VAT refund 303 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,277 37
- flat rate scheme 107 2
- Turnover on a tax return 537 12
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 97 2
- incorrect old p60 559 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 109 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 180 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 141 1
- Special dividends & CGT 199 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 184 1
- Networking 356 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 276 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 302 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 334 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 288 2