CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,330 66
- Just because it's Friday 201 5
- Inheritance Tax - Simple Question 113 4
- Non-resident employer & employee 99 4
- Capital Allowances 129 4
- equipment rental 215 10
- Acquisition by company 88 5
- Non sequitur 518 7
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 1,453 23
- R&D on products not sold 92 3
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 867 13
- Tech Champion of the Year 228 5
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 192 4
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 623 9
- Transfer of land to family members 79 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 572 11
- The process of issuing dividend? 187 6
- Not registered for VAT. Germany wants proof! 208 5
- Pattern for CTA 319 7
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 1,400 8
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,360
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 436
- Alphabet shares 237
- Agent fees to sell business 230
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 226
- Charge out rates in London 175
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 167
- which entity 147
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 142
- confusion about 140