CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Directors Share Purchase 181 3
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 508 9
- Incapable of reading 214 2
- Using VT Transactions + for first time .. struggling with flat rate VAT 186 3
- How much to charge 291 4
- How to pay national insurance 234 8
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 242 4
- Government Gateway 1,011 16
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,588 11
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 218 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 114 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 128 2
- P11D Rejection 389 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 560 14
- Selling a practice 381 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,301 20
- Overlap relief 475 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 176 1
- Dormant payroll 854 9
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 203 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 447
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 351
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 344
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 315
- Perkbox 280
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 251
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 246
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 244
- Document Management Systems 220
- WIP Software 209