CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Payment plans for clients 286 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 78 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 196 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 477 14
- Employee steeling client data 125 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,360 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 192 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 135 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 93 1
- CT600 277 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 216 4
- signature required 915 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 196 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 341 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 334 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 160 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 91 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 156 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 100 1
- Lease 152 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,309
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 856
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 551
- Credit where credit's due....... 342
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 262
- TheTax Donut 234
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 191
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 183
- Director's business mileage 152
- Sole trader CPD 147