CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 104 5
- LLP and LTD Co 39 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 90 1
- Real names 576 21
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 254 9
- Errors in prior year accounts 73 1
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 183 6
- CGT on Sale of shop 36 1
- Disincorporation before selling goodwill in the business 212 4
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 119 4
- Dividend payment date 1,906 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,740 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 150 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 152 5
- Director hired as an individual 114 2
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 128 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,295 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 103 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 239 2
- Tax relief on licence costs 135 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 570
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 437
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 338
- IFA incorporation 315
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 303
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 297
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 253
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 241
- Sorry ignore me 239
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 235