CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 266 4
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 370 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 462 25
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 298 13
- Has been asked before but help needed 113 3
- Consequential loss claim 40 1
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 171 11
- private to company car? 70 2
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 119 1
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 153 4
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 219 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 100 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 853 32
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 392 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 258 4
- That old chestnut 596 9
- Sale of part of business & Entrepreneur's Relief 67 1
- Partner with an IVA 115 4
- Joint filing delays 68 2
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 207 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 443
- CTA study material 407
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 271
- Pre incorp expenses 263
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 233
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 226
- Slight twist on employment related securities 202
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 172
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 168