CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 78 2
- transitioning payroll 194 6
- dividend proposals 47 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 206 2
- Deduction from Salary 268 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 164 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,683 60
- Dividend dates 533 9
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 68 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 425 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 153 2
- 12 Pay Problems 238 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 226 3
- Sole properietor 112 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 85 1
- Redudancy 74 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 474 13
- VAT - Recharge 88 2
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 349 4
- Legal title not in the company name 226 9
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 362
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 308
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 278
- Probiz 270
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 227
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 226
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 172