CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 167 5
- Wrong career 61 3
- Newsletter 230 5
- RTI Filing 1,749 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 70 1
- Fee's for P11D's 290 5
- Agent with HMRC 236 10
- Quarterly PAYE 211 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 42 1
- reporting salary? 167 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 316 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 271 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 93 3
- Value pricing 579 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 386 1
- Childcare Vouchers 171 3
- Audit Report Query 185 5
- Coming in from the cold 221 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,310 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 97 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 768
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 523
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 275
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 216
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 216
- Director Loan account operation 204
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 203
- vat return 166
- Free Tax Legislation? 166