CTC and SA Return
Scenario. Client divorced and self-employed. Has qualifying child. Partner separated employed has qualifying child and supports child.
Partner's estranged wife employed. Qualifying child lives part of year with each parent. Client lived with partner whole of tax year 2002. nobody pays tax at HR.
Partner is highest earner in both families.
Partner as highest earner for own family claimed CTC in respect of own child. IR allocated partner and estranged wife 50% CTC each. This would have been given through coding in y/e 05.04.02.
Client SA return to be prepared and is not highest earner.
As highest earner has to claim how is this done or are boxes 16.14,16.15,16.16 ,16.21 and box 16.24 ticked. This gives full CTC for clients family as only one allowance allowed per household.
What would be position if client highest earner? As can be seen there is a timing difference in the allowance being given. Also it is unlikely that employeed parties complete SA return.
- Tax code for Companies House fees 164 3
- Scoot 134 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 645 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,425 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 97 1
- Regaining my qualification 154 2
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 116 1
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 225 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 169 2
- Auto enrolment 171 3
- Shareholder agreement 160 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 193 3
- Company Reorganisation 146 3
- Employee Loan 188 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 457 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 577 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 132 1
- Wear and tear allowance 460 6
- Accountants' Error 651 12
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 354 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,447
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 754
- Any views 688
- HMRC Employers Diary 520
- International interest certificate 422
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 384
- Sale of business 348
- NOVA 254
- Advertising services? 245
- IRIS Open Books problem 239