Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- What would you do in this situation? 461 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 113 3
- Help Required 259 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 212 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 376 14
- What's in a name ? 205 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 132 3
- ATED Penalties 251 1
- late second payment on account 143 2
- US royalties 66 2
- Project being run jointly 115 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 167 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 147 3
- Sole trader mix up 280 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 726 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 883 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 205 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 498 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 156 5
- CTA study material 695
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 421
- Employment related securities question 263
- AIM Stocks and IHT 242
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 194
- Trust for Employee 180
- Expat pension contributions? 177
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 149
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 136
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 113