Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 56 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,250 19
- Scanners 162 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 69 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 148 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 227 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 399 9
- Payment plans for clients 100 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 224 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 226 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 437 9
- P60 or payslips? 88 1
- Property income in different capacities 99 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 187 1
- IT advisory questions? 172 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 793 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 135 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 526 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,157
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 796
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 486
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 270
- Director phone costs 231
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 193
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 152
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 135