Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,447 40
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 27 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 204 1
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 104 2
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 223 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,226 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 356 6
- Go Cardless 375 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 319 3
- Mehjoo 329 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 131 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 391 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 191 4
- SA302 337 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 290 13
- Bringing money to Uk 289 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 216 4
- Hmrc software 255 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 186 1
- Hosted email exchange 189 5
- Xtuple 517
- Qtac payroll for bureau 355
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 298
- Industrial & Provident Societies 292
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 235
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 209
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 209
- Domain name sale and limited company 181
- CIS schemes 176
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 151