Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- Non-resident employer & employee 65 3
- Claiming salary pre incorporation 132 2
- SATR won't match P14 - what would you do? 149 4
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 425 8
- Write off of former director's loan 881 13
- PPR query 119 1
- Fixed asset registers 243 9
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 516 8
- Tech Champion of the Year 138 4
- R185 (Estates) in final year of administration 42 1
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 988 7
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 112 2
- Vat on digital download of music 98 3
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,643 34
- equipment rental 166 8
- Accomodation BIK? 171 3
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 353 1
- Sage Depreciation 125 2
- Employee or partner 158 2
- Separate trades advice for sole trader 93 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,342
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 430
- Alphabet shares 232
- Agent fees to sell business 224
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 218
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 163
- Charge out rates in London 158
- which entity 147
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 139
- confusion about 136