Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- Mortgage Reference 421 4
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,244 45
- Xerocon 2016 1,110 29
- New Build 99 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 79 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 715 15
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 95 1
- USA Tax Query 255 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 408 5
- last minute request 597 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 306 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 339 7
- Personal Tax 572 11
- Disengagement Help! 1,709 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 975 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 377 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 628 18
- Corrupt Excel File 687 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 2,004 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 296 2