Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- Allocation of income from property 583 21
- Private company division 269 4
- bookkeeping system 426 6
- Services by BVI Company for UK Company 57 1
- Sharing ODBC Excel Pivot Tables over network 106 2
- Company car in the LLP 83 1
- Sorry - another PPR question 120 1
- 64-8 problems 298 4
- flat rate scheme 1,779 37
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 866 11
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 308 9
- Unpaid share capital 192 2
- Bad debt receipt for dissolved company 128 1
- VAT Refunds 160 2
- Company van paid by director 302 3
- Hello 315 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,835 51
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 204 4
- Employer reference not recognised? 199 2
- Business trips - director and family 318 2