Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 979 49
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 78 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 23 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,365 422
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 289 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 55 5
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 274 1
- References for clients 87 1
- corp tax software 285 5
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 175 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 140 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 550 24
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 340 16
- Is this fraud? 557 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 91 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 280 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 104 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 162 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 158 1
- Naming new company 324 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,290
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 458
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Franchise income and costs 247
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 161
- Employer's Helpline 154
- employment capital allowances 144
- CIS paid under reg 9 133