Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,353 25
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 577 17
- Anybody still doing returns? 979 37
- BVI registered 170 4
- Closing a limited company 386 6
- Self assessment for directors 160 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 273 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,614 17
- A little knowledge 388 6
- Digita in the cloud 164 2
- Tax relief when working away 86 1
- Tax relief when working away 193 3
- Designated sole Residence 251 5
- Scratch Head 354 1
- Year end 273 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 328 13
- Clothing 645 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 175 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 207 5
- Identity check problem 1,523 14
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 966
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 689
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 632
- Latest phishing scam 613
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 454
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 334
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 267
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 233
- Sabbatical payments 227
- Negligible Value Claim 208