Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- Gift or Capital Gain? 278 8
- Reversing out RTI 55 3
- Capital Gain? 388 10
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 263 6
- BrightPay 601 18
- Classic cars investment 230 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 192 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 312 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 300 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 258 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 811 21
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 240 2
- H&W company 201 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 172 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 165 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 133 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 799 32
- VAT silly question 2,397 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,087 10
- Federation Accounts 364 10
- Benchmarking 489
- Possible Partnership? 432
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 410
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 409
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 348
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 208
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 206
- Clubs and Taxable Income 194
- Income tax on foreign dividends 189
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 184