Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 246 15
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,307 16
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 87 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 287 9
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 141 1
- VAT on digital streaming of my company's music? 143 2
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 177 5
- Does this annoy anyone else ? 3,250 42
- Recharge for private use of a company car 124 2
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 114 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 376 7
- Wear and tear allowance 451 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 198 6
- Residency test 199 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 241 3
- VAT Turnover 137 1
- HMRC - No Deadline to Respond? 145 1
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 132 4
- Company purchase of shares 289 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 141 2
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 690
- Auto enrolment excuses 661
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 365
- Social investment tax relief 181
- Call Centre Data Costs 178
- Digita Hosted Software 176
- option to tax 161
- VAT on deposits 148
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 136
- Travel costs and contractors 130