Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- Advice needed. 447 11
- Tax and children 130 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 553 8
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 386 16
- UK Accountancy Franchise 163 2
- Directors obligation to notify 91 1
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 256 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 137 1
- Starting new accounting business 329 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 155 4
- error on companies house accounts 755 18
- RTI penalties 133 1
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 168 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 320 5
- US Sales Tax 115 1
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 203 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 176 1
- Group Relief 139 4
- R&D Credits 107 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 277 7
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 483
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 446
- EPS and CIS deductions 303
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 292
- Construction CIS LLP Company 285
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 250
- SAGE winforecast 205
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 188
- Overdrawn director account 175