Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- The importance of Grammar 1,659 52
- Freelance/Employee 324 8
- Xero Pain Points 613 19
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 53 1
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 178 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 237 12
- exemptions from CIS 200 4
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 166 4
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,637 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 379 3
- How much do you pay for Xero? 275 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 586 23
- Cut-off accounting question 382 8
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 358 3
- Directors exempt from AE? 527 9
- VAT reverse charge on consulting from EC 100 2
- VAT Reclaim 197 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 252 2
- Employment Allowance 202 2
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 225 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 348
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 332
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 313
- Electric Car 264
- S222 Charge 228
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 224
- Company Structure 204
- IP trans to holding company 168
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 162