Customer who has Ltd company put mortgage through as Long term liability
I am about to take on a new customer who prepared his first yrs accounts. He has just sent me the balance sheet and has added his own mortgage as a long term liability..... Please advise.... as I am 100% certain this is not allowable.. but wanted some additional advice......
Should I also recommend the customer resubmits last years accounts?
His first yr he also made a loss... so with the mortgage on top... he has negative 142k...
Should the loan also been shown in the reserves as a loss? As it is shown on CL??
Advice needed please... this is the first time i have come across anyone doing this...
Thanks in advance ... laura
- Director Drawings 80 5
- Accounts Software 38 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,659 38
- Help with HMRC investigation 168 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 239 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 191 7
- HMRC Agents Line 159 3
- Collection or business assets 75 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 236 8
- Company Director In Prison 402 10
- Tax position re this lease? 358 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 693 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 91 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,643 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 77 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 329 5
- AWeb - download file 131 2
- pension paid by company? 328 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 746 17
- Late annual return 127 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 673
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 507
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 364
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 361
- Probiz 335
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 326
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 242
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 215
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 199