date interest taxable
After prolonged negotiations a client received substantial settlement from local council.
The "global" settlement of circa £70000 was said to include "£23000 over and above the fair value of land (£32000)cpo'd in 1995 plus interest and all costs including any claim for loss of trade" which had not been quantified.
I am proposing to deal as follows
Capital disposal 55000 less costs paid out
The total amount was paid to client 7th April 2000 by their solicitor.
As the solicitor must have received the funds before 5th April I assume it is taxable 1999/2000.
The disposal will fall in 1999/00 also as the final agreement was reached in July 1999.
Any advice/ comments
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 373 17
- Employing a carer 169 2
- VAT on sale of Assets to Director 19 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,136 496
- Non resident client -employed in the Cayman Islands 92 1
- "Please be advised that one or more Generic Notification Notices have been issued." 57 3
- Which profit figure to use 42 1
- rti 106 4
- Drop box Storage 341 5
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 43 1
- What Exactly does the RTI Penalty Relaxation mean? 152 2
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 242 7
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 512 15
- Fee Protection Insurance 1,066 44
- Partnership issues and acting for one partner 130 4
- RTI -Late registration -any penalties 127 1
- Another goodwill question ....... 150 1
- Can't read my handwriting 724 18
- Fees for Property Tax Return 595 21
- Sole trader &/or Limited company 99 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,377
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 526
- National Insurance 426
- Non Resident 323
- Hands on experience of Digita 248
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 234
- Employer's Helpline 189
- CIS paid under reg 9 189
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 154
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 153