date interest taxable
After prolonged negotiations a client received substantial settlement from local council.
The "global" settlement of circa £70000 was said to include "£23000 over and above the fair value of land (£32000)cpo'd in 1995 plus interest and all costs including any claim for loss of trade" which had not been quantified.
I am proposing to deal as follows
Capital disposal 55000 less costs paid out
The total amount was paid to client 7th April 2000 by their solicitor.
As the solicitor must have received the funds before 5th April I assume it is taxable 1999/2000.
The disposal will fall in 1999/00 also as the final agreement was reached in July 1999.
Any advice/ comments
- Opening balances Sage 50 14 1
- Flat rate vat 310 4
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 231 6
- Rental property company 172 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 161 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 410 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 451 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 364 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,469 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,195 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 391 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 304 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 282 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 402 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 216 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 216 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 164 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 545 5
- Director's tax return 426 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 200 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 832
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 448
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 301
- Director Loan account operation 283
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 269
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 183