date interest taxable
After prolonged negotiations a client received substantial settlement from local council.
The "global" settlement of circa £70000 was said to include "£23000 over and above the fair value of land (£32000)cpo'd in 1995 plus interest and all costs including any claim for loss of trade" which had not been quantified.
I am proposing to deal as follows
Capital disposal 55000 less costs paid out
The total amount was paid to client 7th April 2000 by their solicitor.
As the solicitor must have received the funds before 5th April I assume it is taxable 1999/2000.
The disposal will fall in 1999/00 also as the final agreement was reached in July 1999.
Any advice/ comments
- The importance of Grammar 1,658 52
- Freelance/Employee 324 8
- Xero Pain Points 613 19
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 53 1
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 177 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 237 12
- exemptions from CIS 200 4
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 166 4
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,637 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 379 3
- How much do you pay for Xero? 275 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 586 23
- Cut-off accounting question 382 8
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 358 3
- Directors exempt from AE? 527 9
- VAT reverse charge on consulting from EC 100 2
- VAT Reclaim 196 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 252 2
- Employment Allowance 202 2
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 225 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 348
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 332
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 313
- Electric Car 264
- S222 Charge 228
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 224
- Company Structure 204
- IP trans to holding company 168
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 162