date interest taxable
After prolonged negotiations a client received substantial settlement from local council.
The "global" settlement of circa £70000 was said to include "£23000 over and above the fair value of land (£32000)cpo'd in 1995 plus interest and all costs including any claim for loss of trade" which had not been quantified.
I am proposing to deal as follows
Capital disposal 55000 less costs paid out
The total amount was paid to client 7th April 2000 by their solicitor.
As the solicitor must have received the funds before 5th April I assume it is taxable 1999/2000.
The disposal will fall in 1999/00 also as the final agreement was reached in July 1999.
Any advice/ comments
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 186 4
- SA302 279 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 234 4
- Go Cardless 327 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 208 3
- Hmrc software 222 3
- Mehjoo 266 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 109 1
- Hosted email exchange 172 5
- South African Government Pension 180 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 166 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 287 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 309 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 244 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 149 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 286 7
- New Email Extensions 199 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 318 2
- Dental practice incorpration 156 1
- Audit rules 182 4
- Xtuple 510
- Qtac payroll for bureau 349
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 293
- Industrial & Provident Societies 284
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 226
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 175
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 170
- CIS schemes 162
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 144