date interest taxable
After prolonged negotiations a client received substantial settlement from local council.
The "global" settlement of circa £70000 was said to include "£23000 over and above the fair value of land (£32000)cpo'd in 1995 plus interest and all costs including any claim for loss of trade" which had not been quantified.
I am proposing to deal as follows
Capital disposal 55000 less costs paid out
The total amount was paid to client 7th April 2000 by their solicitor.
As the solicitor must have received the funds before 5th April I assume it is taxable 1999/2000.
The disposal will fall in 1999/00 also as the final agreement was reached in July 1999.
Any advice/ comments
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 201 3
- Undisclosed income 61 1
- Private Investment Company 110 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 52 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,623 44
- New company - form a group? 181 3
- Small company audit 103 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 269 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 778 17
- CIC Company 410 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,678 57
- Is this a scam? 783 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 140 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 349 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 256 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 195 4
- PITA client 260 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 382 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,332 33
- Dividend dates 493 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 600
- Cancelled 349
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 334
- Cancelled 286
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 257
- Probiz 244
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 196
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 181
- Car leasing scheme 179
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 168