date interest taxable
After prolonged negotiations a client received substantial settlement from local council.
The "global" settlement of circa £70000 was said to include "£23000 over and above the fair value of land (£32000)cpo'd in 1995 plus interest and all costs including any claim for loss of trade" which had not been quantified.
I am proposing to deal as follows
Capital disposal 55000 less costs paid out
The total amount was paid to client 7th April 2000 by their solicitor.
As the solicitor must have received the funds before 5th April I assume it is taxable 1999/2000.
The disposal will fall in 1999/00 also as the final agreement was reached in July 1999.
Any advice/ comments
- Capital Event? 95 4
- The stupidity continues 1,851 83
- Taxable turnover for VAT registration 110 6
- CGT on transfer of property 195 14
- Transfer of property to director & shareholder 36 1
- Xero Training 323 2
- Do I need to make a P11D provision in Accs? 71 1
- Gift of asset between couple living as husband and wife 79 1
- 45p mileage - stupid question 178 2
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 364 4
- Cis refund for company 121 2
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,425 26
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 147 5
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 260 5
- Withdrawing company car 169 2
- What is IRIS World like? 456 11
- looking for a practice consultant 278 3
- RE assets introduced and rent 138 2
- AML report needed? 236 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 336 6
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 449
- WIP Software 313
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 296
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 249
- No payroll scheme in place 247
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 223
- Is there anything wrong with this? 218
- Small Part Disposal of Property 208
- Uncommercial property business 197