date interest taxable
After prolonged negotiations a client received substantial settlement from local council.
The "global" settlement of circa £70000 was said to include "£23000 over and above the fair value of land (£32000)cpo'd in 1995 plus interest and all costs including any claim for loss of trade" which had not been quantified.
I am proposing to deal as follows
Capital disposal 55000 less costs paid out
The total amount was paid to client 7th April 2000 by their solicitor.
As the solicitor must have received the funds before 5th April I assume it is taxable 1999/2000.
The disposal will fall in 1999/00 also as the final agreement was reached in July 1999.
Any advice/ comments
- Matching of tax return to P60 71 2
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 85 3
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,023 20
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,204 53
- Related Parties Note 133 3
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 774 22
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 195 7
- what time is it ? 326 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 91 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 435 24
- VAT on disbursement 170 2
- tax credits 221 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,053 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 91 1
- LLP - Member leaving 203 6
- Year end 272 3
- Foreign income for self employed 177 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 320 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 338 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,170 14
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 922
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 532
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 338
- How to format a stock book 326
- Tax efficient holding company structure 261
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 252
- Investment property company accounts template 235
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 199
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 190
- Charge out rates in London? 160