Debt Factoring Company Complaint
My client has been badly served by a debt factoring company, which is in an unregulated industry. His company was put out of business by a cash flow crisis, reached when the factoring company failed to collect, promptly, a debt for £14,000. My client is unaware of any problems with the debt, and the customer is solvent and still trading.
The debt factoring company purchased the debt of £14,000 from my client. They paid him 65% or so. They have failed to collect the debt - the efforts being occasional half-hearted attempts from the debt manager, who has avoided calls, and refused to provide a log of the debt recovery actions taken - which were minimal, and did not include even the threat of court action. My client's business ran out of cash, as he didn't receive the balance of the debt. The debt factoring company have written off the debt as unrecoverable, although have not provided any evidence for this course of action, other than that "they'd exhausted all recovery measures". They are pursuing my client personally for the 65% advance. They refuse to transfer the original debt back to my client, unless he repays the 65%, which he cannot afford. So "catch 22". If the debt were back in his ownership, I am certain, from the evidence, I could recover it for him, and he could then repay the debt company without having to sell his home and face financial ruin.
Any advice or assistance would be very gratefully received.
- Family Partnership 328 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,252 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 68 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 189 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 225 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 329 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 104 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 320 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 210 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 205 6
- Business trips - director and family 432 3
- Signed accounts for bank 684 15
- flat rate scheme 2,394 50
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 337 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 220 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 119 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 881 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 227 5
- VAT Query on new build 139 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 135 1