Debt Factoring Company Complaint
My client has been badly served by a debt factoring company, which is in an unregulated industry. His company was put out of business by a cash flow crisis, reached when the factoring company failed to collect, promptly, a debt for £14,000. My client is unaware of any problems with the debt, and the customer is solvent and still trading.
The debt factoring company purchased the debt of £14,000 from my client. They paid him 65% or so. They have failed to collect the debt - the efforts being occasional half-hearted attempts from the debt manager, who has avoided calls, and refused to provide a log of the debt recovery actions taken - which were minimal, and did not include even the threat of court action. My client's business ran out of cash, as he didn't receive the balance of the debt. The debt factoring company have written off the debt as unrecoverable, although have not provided any evidence for this course of action, other than that "they'd exhausted all recovery measures". They are pursuing my client personally for the 65% advance. They refuse to transfer the original debt back to my client, unless he repays the 65%, which he cannot afford. So "catch 22". If the debt were back in his ownership, I am certain, from the evidence, I could recover it for him, and he could then repay the debt company without having to sell his home and face financial ruin.
Any advice or assistance would be very gratefully received.
- property capital gains 146 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 134 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,156 13
- Tips on meals 176 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 514 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 155 3
- Personal Tax 726 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 173 2
- Stumped - IHT 139 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 409 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 473 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,283 33
- Credit management tools 143 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 397 7
- CGT and primary residence 177 1
- Marriage Allowance 276 3
- S455 and February year ends 332 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 889 18
- Closing down loss-making company 460 5